As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anywhere Internet Access

PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
I'm self employed and in about a month’s time I’m launching a new set of software for the people that employ me to use and send me work.

Since my job requires me to travel up to 200 miles a day it would be great if I could find away to use the net (the software is online and HAS to be done through IE) and check to see a couple of times a day if any new jobs have been added in the area I’m working that day to save me another trip later on in the week.

I know nothing about mobile internet access, I’ve seen these dongles around that you pay a monthly sub for run by the mobile phone companies mostly I think but I have doubts on their quality.

Things to help you in your suggestions:

- I live in the UK

- I work in the countryside and city an equal amount so a good service in the “wilderness” is preferred.

- I have no problem paying a monthly subscription seeing as the price of fuel isn’t coming down anytime soon and the less trips I have to do the better!

- Must be done through internet explorer

Anyone got an idea or two?

Prime on

• Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    A 3g modem for your laptop. That's the only way I can think of at the moment.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yep 3g modem and subscription is the best option currently. 3 do packages ranging from 1gb data allowance for £10 a month up to 15gb for £30 a month. More information here.

swift on
    nexx360.png
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think all the main providers offer very similar services now.

15gb for £30 is rather good. It's nearly usable as a main (if restricted) line.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Get off my avatar, imposter.

Khavall on