As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parents' comp cannot access internet

TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
My parents' comp accesses the internet wirelessly via a wireless PCI card and a Linksys router. On their comp, it says that the wireless connection is "Very Good" to "Excellent."

However, I cannot access any pages via Firefox or IE, and Spybot, AdAware, and Zone Alarm can't connect to the internet in order to update.

This problem started yesterday in the evening. In the morning and daytime, internet access worked just fine. Now the computer won't access the internet at all.

Zone Alarm's internet lock is off, and Firefox and IE are allowed under Zone Alarm's Program Control.
I've tried unplugging/plugging both my cable modem and the Linksys router. No dice.
I've scanned the comp with Zone Alarm, Spybot, and AdAware. Interestingly, Zone Alarm detected a keylogger and so I deleted that.

Any suggestions?

TM2 Rampage on

This discussion has been closed.