As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Official Cosplay (and Cool Gear) Thread <3

1111213141517»

• Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    Well, I was kicking the idea around in IRC, so I guess I'll post it here. I propose a huge Venture Bros cosplay. Any character from any episode. Think about it; there are some great one-off characters who had a bit part and were never heard from again, not to mention all the main characters. The costumes would be pretty easy to do for most of them.

Anyone?

I was going to try and do Dr. Girlfriend for Radcon anyways, so I can do this one of the days too ^.^ Now I just need a costume for day 3!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am going to be putting a Beat cosplay together in short order. I want to have it ready for RadCon, here in Kennewick. But I will definitely have it done by PAX.

Officer on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Day 3: Celes from FF3. Doooo it!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ooh, and Recruit could go as Locke! He already sort of has the hair for it (the mid-length long straight hair)!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I already have 3 days of cosplay planned out for PAX next year :). Day 3 for me is Beat, and Days 1 and 2 are secret, except for a bunch of IRC people already know.

Officer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ohhh, good dealin' then. (What are they? Oooh! =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Let you know next time you are on IRC.

Officer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yay! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ariocksayssqueeariocksayssquee Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    Well, I was kicking the idea around in IRC, so I guess I'll post it here. I propose a huge Venture Bros cosplay. Any character from any episode. Think about it; there are some great one-off characters who had a bit part and were never heard from again, not to mention all the main characters. The costumes would be pretty easy to do for most of them.

Anyone?

omg it would be brilliant to have several people cosplaying as the Galactic Inquisitor.

"Cool costume! Can I get a picture?"

"IGNORE ME!"

ariocksayssquee on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    you would need two people just for one Grand Galactic Inquisitor because he's 12 feet tall

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    you would need two people just for one Grand Galactic Inquisitor because he's 12 feet tall

Stilts.

Alternately,

IGNORE MY HEIGHT!

Houn on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey Guys~ still have no internet yet ;.; hence my continued non-existance. however!
    I got a job at the crumpet shop! I start in just under 2 weeks working weekends! come visit me :3

Anyways, looks like a lot of cool plans for next year! I'm excited! And now i feel like i have to watch Venture Bros. so i can know who you are next year! haha

And to answer this:
    millislim wrote: »
    what kind of cosplay contest would you like to see next year? other than another precipice costume contest

I'm working on a having some for of a costume/clothing contest for next year. I've been trying to contact Princess Red-dot (the power that be of PAX organization, basically), but I haven't heard back yet. I'll be sending her another PM again before I start seeing if I can get some help from the Enforcers. (Mostly, I figure she's pretty busy and that my PM got lost in the sea of everything she does) But anyways! Once i get things started with her, i'll put up a thread to get people's opinions on what type of contests they want to see. I've already got a few different ideas, but I want to run them by offical people before i let all of you loose on them.

well, keep up the awesomeness!

<3

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I hope you can do it Lyanth! If PRD is listening... Lyanth is awesome and dedicated! She can help with this! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If all goes well and I bring my car this coming year, I'm going to show up as a ghostbuster for atleast one day.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    @Lyanth Def get something going as this year I kept it simple but next year I want to def show up in full cosplay!

MaoChan on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good news guys!
    PRD wrote:
    Regarding a general PAX cosplay initiative, that's also something we can consider. I'll see if there is a possibility to make that "official".

So basically, i'm reading this as saying "we've got a long list of things to do, but now we've got you on said almighty list, so no worries ^^b we'll get to you. just don't tell anyone yet"

:3

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Thank you PRD!

If you're listening, it's going to be awesome! =)=)

I'll keep it secret and safe. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can the person who dressed up as Captain Falcon,

Please post up! Please post here!

Or even anyone who dressed up and was in Vancouver the weekend before PAX!

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    leaf wrote: »
    If all goes well and I bring my car this coming year, I'm going to show up as a ghostbuster for atleast one day.

go egon!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.