As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Console Tournaments Have Been Announced

Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in PAX Archive
Honest!

Born to Duck
Zig21 on
«1

Posts

  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LIES!

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!

    The_Reflection on
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OMG I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

    Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No, really! I super-duper promise!

    Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ETA PLZ?

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I ONCE KILLED A HOBO!

    Oh wait shit!

    Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I RAN OVER A SQUIREEL!!!

    wait? hows that possible if I cant drive yet?

    mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    ETA PLZ?

    "When its done"

    Same with all the other tournaments :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    then why post it so early?

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Please god/zig let <b>Double Dash</b> be on the list!

    duderdude2 on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    duderdude2 wrote: »
    Please god/zig let <b>Double Dash</b> be on the list!

    your html skillz are n00bish :P

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    then why post it so early?

    He just said its being worked on and will come "soon"

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    ETA PLZ?

    "When its done"

    Oh, now you're just copying 3D Realms :P (And Blizzard, I guess...)

    Anyway, I be anxiously awaiting...

    Oh, and:
    duderdude2 wrote: »
    Please god/zig let <b>Double Dash</b> be on the list!
    FAIL :P

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    duderdude2 wrote: »
    Please god/zig let <b>Double Dash</b> be on the list!

    your html skillz are n00bish :P

    No, my html skill are the haxxorz; the board's the html n00b ;)

    duderdude2 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    That's because HTML code is turned off

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am posting to say that I will be posting later on.

    Sorry I couldn't resist.

    MaoChan on
  • Options
    MordoredMordored Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    I am posting to say that I will be posting later on.

    Sorry I couldn't resist.

    Ah hahahaha!!! That made mocha come out my nose!!!!

    Mordored on
    I lick toads. Nuff said!
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    double dash = bad, 64 = grand

    Petesalzl on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How about mario kart wii, and everyone's required to use the wheel? XD Track selection: RAINBOW ROAD!

    Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If I'm forced to use the wheel, I asplode. D:

    Eyes5 on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I actually don't mind the wheel, if you take the time to get used to it, it's kinda fun. Same with Brawl I guess, even though I refuse to play with anything but the GC controller for that. XD

    Oh and what about a full events schedule? That coming soon too?

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the wheel, if you take the time to get used to it, it's kinda fun. Same with Brawl I guess, even though I refuse to play with anything but the GC controller for that. XD

    Oh and what about a full events schedule? That coming soon too?

    previous years its been mid to late july when it comes out.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Ukali.KulaUkali.Kula Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the wheel, if you take the time to get used to it, it's kinda fun. Same with Brawl I guess, even though I refuse to play with anything but the GC controller for that. XD

    Oh and what about a full events schedule? That coming soon too?

    previous years its been mid to late july when it comes out.

    NEEDS TO BE NOW!!!!

    -Anyways just watched the 100 minute microsoft press conference of E3 and after watching that boring shameful piece of shit i am totally appreciative of PAX. I'd rather visit a booth and have the personal experience with the games and the crew than sit and watch a 100 minute non-interactive piece like that...
    Can't wait til those titles are at PAX. DAMN SCHEDULE

    Ukali.Kula on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the wheel, if you take the time to get used to it, it's kinda fun. Same with Brawl I guess, even though I refuse to play with anything but the GC controller for that. XD

    Oh and what about a full events schedule? That coming soon too?

    previous years its been mid to late july when it comes out.

    NEEDS TO BE NOW!!!!

    -Anyways just watched the 100 minute microsoft press conference of E3 and after watching that boring shameful piece of shit i am totally appreciative of PAX. I'd rather visit a booth and have the personal experience with the games and the crew than sit and watch a 100 minute non-interactive piece like that...
    Can't wait til those titles are at PAX. DAMN SCHEDULE

    NO SHIT! 100% agreed. I watched it too. Honestly, I really just want to watch the Nintendo conference, but I'll still probably end up watching everything live on Gamespot, just because I can.
    The big 3 (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony) need to seriously think. They should ditch E3 since it's pretty much dead already, and actually check out PAX more, hang out and get to know the people that attend. They would quickly realize that they should make their presence much larger here, and just do the press conferences here as well. They would get much more of a reaction from people as well.
    But, maybe that's just wishful thinking...

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Meh, E3 really provides them a place to showcase new shit to the media. By the time PAX rolls around, all that new shit is (if it wasn't at E3) ready to show and we already know what to expect. Not to mention, Seattle is home to Nintendo and Microsoft, so it's actually easier for them to showcase at PAX than it is at E3, so there's no reason for them to not go all out.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the wheel, if you take the time to get used to it, it's kinda fun. Same with Brawl I guess, even though I refuse to play with anything but the GC controller for that. XD

    Oh and what about a full events schedule? That coming soon too?

    previous years its been mid to late july when it comes out.

    NEEDS TO BE NOW!!!!

    -Anyways just watched the 100 minute microsoft press conference of E3 and after watching that boring shameful piece of shit i am totally appreciative of PAX. I'd rather visit a booth and have the personal experience with the games and the crew than sit and watch a 100 minute non-interactive piece like that...
    Can't wait til those titles are at PAX. DAMN SCHEDULE

    NO SHIT! 100% agreed. I watched it too. Honestly, I really just want to watch the Nintendo conference, but I'll still probably end up watching everything live on Gamespot, just because I can.
    The big 3 (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony) need to seriously think. They should ditch E3 since it's pretty much dead already, and actually check out PAX more, hang out and get to know the people that attend. They would quickly realize that they should make their presence much larger here, and just do the press conferences here as well. They would get much more of a reaction from people as well.
    But, maybe that's just wishful thinking...

    dudes. now we don't have to buy ps3's!

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Meh, I'm glad I didn't bother to go to E3 this year. PAX really pwned E3 in quality last year, and I sort of expect the same this year.

    Uh oh, I better stay on topic... Um... I can haz Rock Band tournament plz?

    TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yikes, you guys are gonna be mad at me this year.

    Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zig21 wrote: »
    Yikes, you guys are gonna be mad at me this year.

    Uh oh.

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Roy GreenhiltRoy Greenhilt Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    /begs for 2v2 Brawl instead of 1 on 1.

    Roy Greenhilt on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zig21 wrote: »
    Yikes, you guys are gonna be mad at me this year.

    Just shooters? Call of Duty 4 at least? :D

    <3 Zig

    TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    /begs for 2v2 Brawl instead of 1 on 1.

    Same here. As much as I love the game, I hate 1vs1 battles, really in any kind of game. 2vs2 is good, or even 4 player free for all is good too.

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Prophecy XProphecy X Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Have you announced the games that will have tournaments? That's really all I care about.

    Prophecy X on
    Prophecy+X3.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Prophecy X wrote: »
    Have you announced the games that will have tournaments? That's really all I care about.

    Not yet, that comes with the rules :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zig21 wrote: »
    Honest!

    All I've been wondering is where you've been that last, I don't know, 10 months!

    QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    **twiddling my thumbs**

    Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    jack knifejack knife Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zig21 wrote: »
    Yikes, you guys are gonna be mad at me this year.

    must know!! the suspense is unbearable!!!...

    jack knife on
  • Options
    Diamond 333Diamond 333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I would love a rockband 4v4 tournament or a halo tournament. GH would be fun too.:D

    Diamond 333 on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    man i was gonna bump this thread today but somebody beat me to it!
    the "soon" that was mentioned in the thread title isn't soon enough damnit! :P

    umm... sorry... just need to know what i need to start practicing for XD

    Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    *foams at the mouth waiting*

    mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
This discussion has been closed.