As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sidestepping traffic shaping/throttling?

aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
So, I stumbled upon this little website, while searching for ways to improve my unstable connection.

It apparently promises to, alongside keeping your information private, to let you avoid your ISP's traffic shaping and throttling. Now, I'm rather wary of this whole thing, as even being a layman, it sounds a bit too good to be true. Wouldn't I be forwarding all my information through their servers?

I'm also not getting good vibes on the whole "Buyers Wanted" posted in their home page.

Has anyone ever used this service? Is it worthwhile? Is it effective?

aunsoph on

• Options
    An AngelAn Angel __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I believe there was an addon for Firefox called "DownThemAll" which did something like this?

Of course, do realize you will be solely responsible for fucking over other peoples connections for your own gain. There will be suffering.

An Angel on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    An Angel wrote: »
    I believe there was an addon for Firefox called "DownThemAll" which did something like this?

Of course, do realize you will be solely responsible for fucking over other peoples connections for your own gain. There will be suffering.

What?

aunsoph on