As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fun Flash Game - Ragdoll Cannon

MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
ragdollcannon.JPG

I just spotted this on JayIsGames. Solve physics puzzles by shooting ragdoll men. Out of a cannon. AT THINGS.

Really that's all you need to know. Looks to be about 20 levels or so.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Johnny_K/ragdoll-cannon/

I'm enjoying this.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
MuddBudd on

• Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This is really fun, but I can't help feeling bad for these little floppy men. The music is great too!

EDIT: I take it back, this isn't just fun. This is amazingly awesome and everyone needs to play it right now! NOW! Don't think about it, just go.

bamjo on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm stuck on "floor".

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm stuck on "floor".

There are several puzzles where timing is key.

Also, the farther away the mouse cursor is from the cannon, the more forceful the shot.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks, I didn't realize there was a way to change the force.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, I managed to beat it with 21 points, which seems to be the lowest you can get.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Whenever I got stuck, I found the solution to be rapid firing mans in all directions. One of them will hit the right spot eventually. Oh wait, you want a good score? Pfff...

The true solution is making a ragdoll ramp, then having the last one slide down over his comrades to the target. Or you could always lob one guy in the air and try to deflect him onto the target by shooting more mans at him. My current project is on the "boulder" levels making an unbroken carpet of ragdolls for the boulder to roll across.

I am having way too much fun with this game.

I scored 122 on my first run. Current record is 343. I say highest score wins.

bamjo on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The thread title had everything I needed to know.

This game is awesome.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    BecksBecks Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Becks wrote: »
    [QUOTE=
    ilovemyself85]that was great thanks for that
    [/QUOTE]

Becks on
    content-warning.gifaa2monkeyline9hk.gif23tsbpk.gifquote1.gif
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Level 20 can go die.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Finished it with <100 shots easily. Working on one shot each. Is it possible to beat level 10 with one shot? I have no clue how to get that one to work.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    bamjo wrote: »
    I scored 122 on my first run. Current record is 343. I say highest score wins.
    Curse you! You beat my 117 by 5 shots! Clearly I should have had MORE fun just piling up bodies until one of them accidentally finished the level.

Glal on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Finished it with <100 shots easily. Working on one shot each. Is it possible to beat level 10 with one shot? I have no clue how to get that one to work.

The only one I couldn't figure out in one shot was the last one.

Level 10 was tough. I managed to beat that in one shot by glitching it, I think. If you hit the right corner of that part making the hole in just the right spot, you can cause his leg to jump up from his body and hit the target.

Sir Carcass on