As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nice (Semi-Cheap) Laptop Bags?

AoiAoi Registered User regular
I've been shopping around looking for a decent laptop case for my new machine, but the range of quality, brands, and especially price are kind of stifling. So I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a decent bag that isn't going to break $100. Here's the kicker though, and something i've definitely noticed that is limiting my options pretty severely. It's a 17 inch laptop, so again, any good suggestions/opinions on bags or companies would be greatly appreciated.

Aoi on

• Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just bought this:
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-sling-pack-cl55026

And it's fantastic. The strap is big and comfortable, and it detaches in the middle, so you don't have to awkwardly bring it up over your head to take it off.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've heard nothing but great things about Crumpler bags. You could go with the Dreadful Embarrassment for $90, which is designed for 17" laptops, and has a bunch of space for other crap too.

I just bought myself a Considerable Embarrassment, which is the 15" version, and I'm super excited. I'll let you know how I find it once it arrives shortly.

Kris on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I have a OGIO Hip Hop messenger bag and it has a nice laptop separation, and it's nice and usable for day-to-day stuff as well. Also doesn't look like a laptop bag.

Satan. on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I bought one of these last year when i got my laptop. I managed to get mine on sale at Best Buy for a ridiculously cheap $25. It's actually kind of big for my 12" tablet, but not overly so. It's nothing super special really, but it's semi-attractive and not overly huge, which is all I really wanted or needed.

The Deliverator on