As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick sata drivers question.

plantersplanters Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I want to go to XP from Vista, (the usual problem...), are the sata drivers somewhere on the computer that I could just copy them and slipstream them? or do I have to actually have to find them from the manufacturer's site?

planters on

• Options
    learnedlearned Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    vista should just find them automatically
    but which drivers are you referring to. all os's have basic set of drivers for every thing but not the best ones
    for your hardware. the esayist thing to do is to put the motherboard cd/dvd in and install all its drivers after you get vista running.
    is it a laptop or pc?

learned on
  • Options
    plantersplanters Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Okay I'm an idiot I meant from vista to XP, it's a laptop and I don't have the motherboard CD, I've had this problems happen to me before but just slipstreaming SP2 on the XP CD seemed to work and it found the harddrive other than that it says no harddrive detected and I have to find the SATA and slipstream them on the CD instead of putting them on a floppy drive.

planters on