Options

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

• Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    Most people who don't "believe" in evolution just don't understand what it actually is.

They hear the word and their brains just automatically snap to "omg monkeys turned into people!"

When I try to have a conversation with people like this it usually ends with them screaming " I ain't no fucking monkey's cousin."

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I remember last year, when my sisters and I went to visit Dad in South Carolina, and while he was driving us around Myrtle Beach we were having a conversation* about whatever, when he started getting into politics. I wasn't really paying attention, until he started literally screaming at us in the car, something along the lines of "YOU BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING!? GARBLE GARBLE GARBLE GARBLE!"

*one sided talk where Dad talks about shit no one wants to listen to

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wiley wrote: »
    Most people who don't "believe" in evolution just don't understand what it actually is.

They hear the word and their brains just automatically snap to "omg monkeys turned into people!"

When I try to have a conversation with people like this it usually ends with them screaming " I ain't no fucking monkey's cousin."

"Then how do you explain cousin Bobo?"

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    YOU NEVER SEE A MONKEY GIVE BIRTH TO A HUMAN

they of course don't know that this happening would break practically every single rule of evolution and genetics.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    zimfan wrote: »

that WAS something awful.

that was hilarious

(i am so disappointed that no one got my trollies reference D;

or maybe that makes me more awesome

probably more awesome)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWbD_ZuZ7IQ

\m/

edit: wait i don't remember that part at the end it was just a radio show

hmmmmmm

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I am really shocked how hard it is to get that, no, we didn't come from today's monkeys, but we and today's monkeys have the same roots

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I am really shocked how hard it is to get that, no, we didn't come from today's monkeys, but we and today's monkeys have the same roots

The moment you talk about evolution and someone who is not a scientist and not currently engaged in research says "I believe that..." is the moment I stop the conversation because it is heading nowhere.

You can not discuss against believes,it devolves into a pit fight you can't win,dragging on forever.

A scientist however will try to prove his believes and get evidence to back them.
    So I'm not saying it's wrong to believe in something or listen to people who believe in things.
    It just depends on WHO you are listening to.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I watch this when I need to cheer myself up.

http://www.actrix.co.nz/special/cyberclean.html

It makes me giggle uncontrollably every time.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    its cheesy and so forth but I can't watch this without smiling discovery channel musical ad
    another favourite is to just go nuts and pack thirty sausage and egg mcmuffins down my gullet

Fletcher on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008

omg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Klyka wrote: »

The moment you talk about evolution and someone who is not a scientist and not currently engaged in research says "I believe that..." is the moment I stop the conversation because it is heading nowhere.

You can not discuss against believes,it devolves into a pit fight you can't win,dragging on forever.

A scientist however will try to prove his believes and get evidence to back them.
    So I'm not saying it's wrong to believe in something or listen to people who believe in things.

well the non-scientists support their thoughts with evidence
    thousands of years of evidence
    yeah, there's this little book
    maybe you've heard of it
    called the bible

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

well the non-scientists support their thoughts with evidence
    thousands of years of evidence
    yeah, there's this little book
    maybe you've heard of it
    called the bible

I heard books evolved from scrolls.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SCROLL GIVE BIRTH TO A BOOK!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it didn't give birth
    it molted
    like a phoenix

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it didn't give birth
    it molted
    like a phoenix

But the phoenix is a creature depicted in heretic books like Harry Hertical Potter, so it has no meaning in context with the BOOK OF BOOKS.

I'm of course talking about Lord of the Rings.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    at least harry potter has some believability to it
    they are simply referencing demons that have come up to torture us

a lot more believable than coming from bloody monkeys

potatoe on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    evolution isn't understood by a lot of the people who have boners for it, though, so it's understandable that people who don't believe it don't know what it's about

like i had a big argument with my dad because he was adamant that evolution always creates the best solution (thus we have five fingers because it's the optimum solution) whereas i insisted that evolution usually just keeps what it knows (we have five fingers because that's the first working solution that appeared)

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    man i really want to play twilight princess now

i don't think this actually has anything to do with what's going on in here
    but i do

potatoe on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I did not like Twilight Princess at all

worst Zelda game

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    you're the worst zelda game

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I did not like Twilight Princess at all

worst Zelda game

by far

fuck TP

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    man i really want to play twilight princess now

i don't think this actually has anything to do with what's going on in here
    but i do

I've never seen the twilight give birth to a princess!!!

Go play that game and remember: you are defying god's creation by playing fantasy games with heretical content.

And Bongi, I'm pretty sure in the far future humans will have 6 fingers because future game consoles demand it, what with all their buttons.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    oh, so that's why i've always liked the music in Sunshine
    underworld had their hands all over it

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Keith wrote: »

omg

lick

lick lick lick lick

turn head away

lick lick lick

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    i love pugs so much

bongi on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    hangover meals are the best thing

when you're feeling shitty with a hangover

the first square meal you eat is so astonishingly good

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes. And it's always 100x better when it's something really unhealthy or greasy. Like a burger and chips.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the enjoyment i derive from any given activity i partake in while suffering from a hangover is generally cut significantly by the fact that my head is splitting, my body begs for a mercy killing and i am puking everywhere

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I don't generally puke from a hangover. If I drink too much, I usually puke not long after said drinking takes place, no more than a few hours. If I survive till morning without puking I generally am fine.

Though I've been getting killer headaches from my last few hangovers. But Tequila was involved, so yeah, that might explain a bit.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    When I need to cheer myself up I just go for a motorcycle ride. It hasn't failed me so far.

Lemming on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes. And it's always 100x better when it's something really unhealthy or greasy. Like a burger and chips.
    yess

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I don't generally puke from a hangover. If I drink too much, I usually puke not long after said drinking takes place, no more than a few hours. If I survive till morning without puking I generally am fine.

Though I've been getting killer headaches from my last few hangovers. But Tequila was involved, so yeah, that might explain a bit.

i don't often get hangovers but when i do they tend to be the type where i can't possibly fathom doing anything but laying in bed and hiding from light and sound for as long as possible

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I get really mild annoying hangovers I like to solve with coca-cola and chicken salad sammiches.

In fact, as a general rule, a good goddamn sandwich is the best way to cheer up.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've never been hungover. I don't really feel like I am missing out.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't get hungover off booze often, but the comedown off pills can be brutal at times.

Keep me from eating the entire day and then some.

I should cross post this to the weight loss thread.

Tard on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I haven't been hungover in a couple of years. That's probably because my last hangover came as a result of drinking too much red wine.

It was possibly the worst hangover ever. Death seemed like a good choice.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't really get hangovers either, thanks to my mighty German Catholic liver. I've puked a couple of times after actually drinking too much (for science) but I've never had anything the morning after except a mild headache that basically goes away after breakfast.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys, check out this flash game.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008