As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mind your Manners.

MeizMeiz Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Social Entropy++
So, I work as a consultant. I was also raised by people who tend to have a basic understanding of what not to do in certain social situations.

Being on the phone, if I were say, hungry, I'd at best nibble in between talking and fixing shit. What I wouldn't do is subject my client to my munchings as I have a mute button. If I didn't, I'd starve until I was off the phone.

For some reason, it's something some people in my client base cannot grasp. I'd also say, 90% of these people are women. I just wish I wasn't sitting so close to my boss so I could tell them that they're disgusting and probably fat with smelly ginas.

So, if you're on the phone, don't start chewing you fucking retard. There's a microphone right by your mouth amplifying that sound in your skull by a factor of 10 you inconsiderate cuntrags.

So, what sets you off into a blargaboo rage?

Meiz on

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I agree with you Meiz, many people in the workplace today have terrible phone etiquette

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SonnySonny Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Board games

Sonny on
    Untitled-1-1.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am pretty obsessive about being polite.

Which is why I'm not very good at flirting with girls at bars. I don't want to interrupt their conversations, you know?

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I really just hate all the wholesome, happy, fillial people who are always swarming around my house and I am always there, smoking a cigarette, glaring.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    we've got a producer lady who completely flips out any time a viewer questions her even the slightest bit
    WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind your cell going off while we're eating supper.

But if you answer that thing I want to ram my fork in your eye.

Tard on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    we've got a producer lady who completely flips out any time a viewer questions her even the slightest bit
    WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?

You should respond with:
    "WALK OVER THERE AND FUCKSTART YOUR FACE"

Meiz on
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when I open a door for someone and don't get a thank you, well fuck you too bitches!!! Shit I hate rude motherfuckers who can't even say a goddamn thanks.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm. I work through my lunchbreak and so eat at my desk as I'm the only receptionist and also usually the only person available to answer phones. So sometimes the phone is ringing and ringing and I just happen to have taken a bite of my sandwich and no one else is picking up the phone. So I'll excuse anyone else who eats. I do try not to chew while I'm on the phone, only this means that sometimes my speech does sound as if I have something in my mouth if it's too big to swallow.

More pleases and thank yous really wouldn't go amiss in the world.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tard wrote: »
    I don't mind your cell going off while we're eating supper.

But if you answer that thing I want to ram my fork in your eye.
    Yeah two of my friends will answer their mobiles when we're in the middle of dinner

They don't do it at the cinema, for which I am grateful, but pretty much anywhere else at any time seems to be fair game :|

Janson on
  • Options
    sonicshapessonicshapes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who don't flush a toilet drive me crazy.

sonicshapes on
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I also hate the fuckers who talk on their cells loud as fuck at the movies. I want to take that phone and shove it up their asses.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    somebody actually just called me here at work

i passed the buck onto someone else beautifully

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I don't always flush if I just took a leak because that's a waste of water.

Also who the hell knows what another persons toilet flush-capabilities are? Not me. Too prone to disaster.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    some guy at work keeps leaving chick tracts and other assorted religious pamphlets in the bathroom stalls and near the paper towel dispenser. don't have a problem with religion at all (being a somewhat devout catholic) but dang dude, must you bring it in the work place?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    Hmm. I work through my lunchbreak and so eat at my desk as I'm the only receptionist and also usually the only person available to answer phones. So sometimes the phone is ringing and ringing and I just happen to have taken a bite of my sandwich and no one else is picking up the phone. So I'll excuse anyone else who eats. I do try not to chew while I'm on the phone, only this means that sometimes my speech does sound as if I have something in my mouth if it's too big to swallow.

i'd be happy if people would say 'goodbye'. nobody says goodbye.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

i'd be happy if people would say 'goodbye'. nobody says goodbye.

I haven't been able to say goodbye to someone since I saw the season finale of M*A*S*H*

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when I open a door for someone and don't get a thank you, well fuck you too bitches!!! Shit I hate rude motherfuckers who can't even say a goddamn thanks.
    You seem to get irrationally angry at minor breeches of etiquette.

Like some bizarre crossbreeding of Emily Post and The Hulk.

"The salad fork goes on the LEEEEFFFFFFFT! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH"

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You seem to get irrationally angry at minor breeches of etiquette.

Like some bizarre crossbreeding of Emily Post and The Hulk.

"The salad fork goes on the LEEEEFFFFFFFT! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH"
    Dude, that mental image is fucking awesome.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    lostwords wrote: »
    some guy at work keeps leaving chick tracts and other assorted religious pamphlets in the bathroom stalls and near the paper towel dispenser. don't have a problem with religion at all (being a somewhat devout catholic) but dang dude, must you bring it in the work place?

Dude, Chick tracts are crazy. Jack Chick and his associates are the pinnacle of nutty zealotry.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Who stole my fucking tv?

weather man bob on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When you're on a bus that's packed full, that is not the best time to flip out ta your husband on your cell. It is the best time for you to shut your whore trap.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well maybe if holding a door open was standard behaviour

Which it seems to be around here

Whoever goes through the door first holds the door open for someone behind them and sometimes people say thanks but most of the time the person holding the door open doesn't turn around but merely lets go once they feel someone else grab the door

In that case I don't expect to give/receive a thank you, it's not a totally deliberate gesture but more force of habit as it should be

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    When you're on a bus that's packed full, that is not the best time to flip out ta your husband on your cell. It is the best time for you to shut your whore trap.
    Speaking of the bus, I hate those hobos who smell like shit mixed with dead rats, they fucking get on the bus and I hate how they smell, it makes me want to fucking puke.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    people who talk with food in their mouths or chew with their mouths open

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Look just come out and admit you all hate women

It's women chewing on the phone with their smelly vaginas

It's women who obviously aren't thanking bob for holding the door open because they're bitches

It's women who apparently rant at their husbands no I never heard a man yell no sir

Janson on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

I don't always flush if I just took a leak because that's a waste of water.

Also who the hell knows what another persons toilet flush-capabilities are? Not me. Too prone to disaster.
    the last two days have been very revealing in respect to fandy's cleanliness, or lack thereof

Faricazy on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    bob why are you blurting out your posts like that and making me feel weird?

Killjoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »
    It's what I do.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I also hate the fuckers who talk on their cells loud as fuck at the movies. I want to take that phone and shove it up their asses.

I don't know, I don't really care if someone thanks me or not. I enjoy being polite, no thanks are really necessary because I'm only really treating people how I would like to be treated

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    people who talk with food in their mouths or chew with their mouths open

The latter, especially.

t Janson -ahaha

sonicshapes on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I usually get a nod or a thanks when I open the door for somebody.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Look just come out and admit you all hate women

It's women chewing on the phone with their smelly vaginas

It's women who obviously aren't thanking bob for holding the door open because they're bitches

It's women who apparently rant at their husbands no I never heard a man yell no sir

look at this person, all yelling and nagging and such

must be a woman

oh! im right!

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Javen wrote: »

I don't know, I don't really care if someone thanks me or not. I enjoy being polite, no thanks are really necessary because I'm only really treating people how I would like to be treated

yeah.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    i've never had a problem with people being impolite.

probably since they're a million times more polite in toronto than bombay

Killjoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    People who push their way into the subway without waiting for people who are getting off.

sonicshapes on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I was using an example from my ride in this morning. I've been on the bus when punk whiggas are all "Bitch fuck titties yeah son titties fuck fuck fuck bitch yeah titties" and those kids can shut their whore mouths too.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »
    It's what I do.
    First post of yours in the thread to not contain some unnecessary permutation of the word fuck.

You're slipping.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When someone doesn't thank me for opening a door I'm not angry. I don't expect anything.

I'm sad they don't outwardly appreciate the small things.

Tard on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Asking for gifts on invitations

Janson on