As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

see you at the pool party, RICHTAH

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in
    their assurance of their empire over matter.

Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i just find terraforming and space colonization proponents so insufferably stupid they hurt my fucking brain

normally i am more than willing to let silly people have their silly dreams of nonsense

but it's just so grating because it often comes from people i otherwise respect

Pony on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    naporeon wrote: »
    Kate, it doesn't matter where you flee to.

My opinion on your ass never changes state.

Unlike the flowing rivers of Mars.
    those luxurious mars irrigation ditches will deliver vast quantities of water to saturate the fields of my utter intolerance for you

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Look at that shit!

What the hell's this?

The Martians love Kuato. They think he's fuckin' George Washington.

Kill the bastard!

QuestionMarkMan on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm sure that most of these people would be crushed to hear your respect for them had diminished, Pony.

Crushed.

naporeon on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    pony

please don't start

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    See you at the pool party, Richter!

Rinder on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in

Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

You can't help but get a lob on when you hear Richard Burton telling you shit is about to go down.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2008

those luxurious mars irrigation ditches will deliver vast quantities of water to saturate the fields of my utter intolerance for you
    YOU COMPLETE ME

<HAND GESTURES>

naporeon on
    edited July 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    WE HAVE A WINNER

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    i just find terraforming and space colonization proponents so insufferably stupid they hurt my fucking brain

normally i am more than willing to let silly people have their silly dreams of nonsense

but it's just so grating because it often comes from people i otherwise respect

you might not think it but some people believe space colonization to be an inevitable step in the continued survival of the human race. Just because you think it's silly doesn't mean it is. The Earth'll be come inhabitable at some point in the future, that's inevitable. If humans are still around at the time they'll have to have found another place to live?

Shifty Fister on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    pony has Opinions

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • bongibongi regular
    edited July 2008
    guys you seem to have gotten circlejerk all over my mars water thread

bongi on
    edited July 2008
    pony

please don't start

look it is an incredible discovery and it definitely deserved it's own thread and we should all be like "SCIENCE, FUCK YEAH!"

i am with you there

i mean if there's water it also means the possibility that life once existed there and if so that would be huge

this is a very significant discovery and we should all be pretty stoked

but

i mean why was the next thing you had to say terraforming?

it hurts my head

psyducking over here

Pony on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I mean living on Mars would be rad as hell
    Ain't gonna be happening anytime soon

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Lol! wrote: »

sure if you don't like your bones

Pony on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited July 2008
    can someone explain what is important about this, i thought the icecaps were made of ice

bongi on
    edited July 2008

Nah Mars ain't any good for that shit. Too fucking dusty.

Shifty Fister on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    thanks wiggin, I'll stop packing my bags

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    WE HAVE A WINNER

*Fist Pump*

Rinder on
    edited July 2008
    it's sarcastic, pony

terraforming ain't gonna happen for a very long time

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigDes wrote: »

You can't help but get a lob on when you hear Richard Burton telling you shit is about to go down.

Good literature gets me all hot and bothered I tell you what

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited July 2008
    bongi wrote: »
    can someone explain what is important about this, i thought the icecaps were made of ice

ice doesn't necessarily mean water, since it could be ice from some other shit ike CO2 or whatever. Since there's water ice on there that means there could have been similar conditions as Earth at some point earlier in time that might support life.

Shifty Fister on
    edited July 2008

You know what I mean Pony
    It's a pipe dream
    A nice pipe dream but a pipe dream nonetheless

Me Too! on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

they thought it was dry ice

but this is water

so it's wet

water ice

i guess?

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited July 2008
    it's sarcastic, pony

terraforming ain't gonna happen for a very long time

alright fine

if by a very long time you mean never

okay

Pony on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

The banter you two share reminds me of the swiftly flowing streams and rivers that must have flowed across the surface of that great red planet.

Breathtakingly noxious to the human body.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    ban pony

also

banponykm7.jpg

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pony is the new Defender

Kuribo's Shoe is the new Bergy

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited July 2008

ice doesn't necessarily mean water, since it could be ice from some other shit ike CO2 or whatever. Since there's water ice on there that means there could have been similar conditions as Earth at some point earlier in time that might support life.
    Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars with its present low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods[14][15] but water ice is in no short supply, with two polar ice caps made largely of ice.[16] In March 2007, NASA announced that the volume of water ice in the south polar ice cap, if melted, would be sufficient to cover the entire planetary surface to a depth of 11 metres.[17] Additionally, an ice permafrost mantle stretches down from the pole to latitudes of about 60°.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars

:!!::!!:

bongi on
    edited July 2008

You know what I mean Pony
    It's a pipe dream
    A nice pipe dream but a pipe dream nonetheless

it's not a nice pipe dream

it is stupid

Pony on
    edited July 2008
    As7 wrote: »

The banter you two share reminds me of the swiftly flowing streams and rivers that must have flowed across the surface of that great red planet.

fucking beautiful

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited July 2008

Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars with its present low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods[14][15] but water ice is in no short supply, with two polar ice caps made largely of ice.[16] In March 2007, NASA announced that the volume of water ice in the south polar ice cap, if melted, would be sufficient to cover the entire planetary surface to a depth of 11 metres.[17] Additionally, an ice permafrost mantle stretches down from the pole to latitudes of about 60°.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars

:!!::!!:

My bad, must be thinking of some other planet and/or moon

Shifty Fister on
    edited July 2008
    jiggle jiggle

fake tfs

Pony on
    edited July 2008
    The point is I don't expect it to ever happen

Me Too! on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wam I hope you know just how awesome this thread title is.

The_Scarab on
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I do

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited July 2008
    As7 wrote: »

fucking beautiful
    Agreed.

naporeon on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    jiggle jiggle

fake tfs

what

also wam i tried to think of another total recall quote to change it to but i kept coming up with this one

good show

Orikaeshigitae on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I do

That's good.

So, aliens then.

I emailed my parents about this and they were all 'yeah alright, call me back when they invade otherwise i dont care'

pfft, heathens.

The_Scarab on