As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: "Moving Pictures" by Rush - Aug 26...syke!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    Man, really? The Doors, Jimi, Tool, Nugent...and there's still a lot left unannounced. I have no choice in the matter...

Hendrix is the only one of those I like, and his best possible song for Rock Band or GH:WT was already used in GH1.

Um, All Along the Watchtower wasn't in GH1. Unless by his you meant a song he actually wrote, but then that's till debatable.

I'll be waiting for the full setlist before I make my decision about getting World Tour, but then I may just get it for Christmas anyway, unless they totally screw it up which is possible. The Hendrix stuff among a few other songs has made it awfully tempting though.

I meant Spanish Castle Magic. Easily my favorite Hendrix song, the most fitting for a full-band game, and one of the very first surprises I got from Harmonix in them picking unconventional music for their games (who would pick Spanish Castle Magic? Not even close to being one of his most famous songs).

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It'll be interesting to find out what System of a Down song Neversoft has chosen. Rock Band has already claimed Chop Suey!, and by the time World Tour comes out, people will have played Chop Suey!, B.Y.O.B, and Toxicity to death in RB. While SoaD has a lot to choose from, the only other real big song I could see Neversoft choosing is Aerials. I'm betting it's going to be Suey!, though.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, really? The Doors, Jimi, Tool, Nugent...and there's still a lot left unannounced. I have no choice in the matter...

Hendrix is the only one of those I like, and his best possible song for Rock Band or GH:WT was already used in GH1.

Um, All Along the Watchtower wasn't in GH1. Unless by his you meant a song he actually wrote, but then that's till debatable.

I'll be waiting for the full setlist before I make my decision about getting World Tour, but then I may just get it for Christmas anyway, unless they totally screw it up which is possible. The Hendrix stuff among a few other songs has made it awfully tempting though.

I meant Spanish Castle Magic. Easily my favorite Hendrix song, the most fitting for a full-band game, and one of the very first surprises I got from Harmonix in them picking unconventional music for their games (who would pick Spanish Castle Magic? Not even close to being one of his most famous songs).

Well, they did turn it into an instrumental for GH1, which I found rather weird but cool.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Omeks wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to find out what System of a Down song Neversoft has chosen. Rock Band has already claimed Chop Suey!, and by the time World Tour comes out, people will have played Chop Suey!, B.Y.O.B, and Toxicity to death in RB. While SoaD has a lot to choose from, the only other real big song I could see Neversoft choosing is Aerials. I'm betting it's going to be Suey!, though.

it'll be Spiders and Holy Mountains, thus ensuring I buy both games.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nocren wrote: »

Well, they did turn it into an instrumental for GH1, which I found rather weird but cool.

Definitely cool. You used to be able to hear the cover version with vocals at the GH website, and it was awful.

Instead, I just provided vocals on my own.

"Haaaang onnn, my darliiiiin'"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    YardGnome wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »
    Great news for all Wii rockers.
    Kotaku wrote:
    The original Rock Band on Wii was, well, not really Rock Band. It looked and played the part, but lacked a certain something. Or, rather, somethings. You know, like downloadable songs, online play, create-a-rocker, and a proper World Tour mode a la the 360 and PS3 versions. Thankfully that won't be the case with Rock Band 2.

Wired reports that the Wii version of Rock Band 2 will, according to Harmonix, be "fully-featured." In fact, this includes DLC (no word on how that's going to work storage-wise) and online play. If it's going to be a "much more competitive product" as its developers say, then we should also expect to be making music with band members of our own design and touring the world as we see fit when the game hits the stage in November.

Let's hope this is true.
    Do you have a link to this? I can't find one.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22The+original+Rock+Band+on+Wii+was%2C+well%2C+not+really+Rock+Band%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

After reading both Joystiq and Wired, I'm still not convinced. I don't think anyone had a big problem with GH3 when it was learned that the Wii version wasn't going to have DLC but would still have everything else the 360/PS3 versions would have, as it was understandable at the time. Why can't the same sort of thing be said here by the RB guys instead of having "fully-featured" in quotation marks, and making the interviewers give speculations as to what it actually means?

And why is it STILL coming out last?

As for GH:WT, what have you been hearing about the tracklist? I can't find a thread about it.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BTP wrote: »
    As for GH:WT, what have you been hearing about the tracklist? I can't find a thread about it.

Because there isn't one that has been officially released. The only songs confirmed so far are:

"Are You Gonna Go My Way" Lenny Kravitz
    "Beat It" Michael Jackson
    "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" Smashing Pumpkins
    "Everlong" Foo Fighters
    "Hot for Teacher" Van Halen
    "In the End" Linkin Park
    "The Joker" Steve Miller Band
    "Light My Fire" Doors The Doors
    "Never Too Late" AnswerThe Answer
    "Obstacle 1" Interpol
    "One Armed Scissor" At the Drive-In
    "Purple Haze" (Live) Jimi Hendrix
    "Rebel Yell" Billy Idol
    "Santeria" Sublime
    "Wind Cries Mary" Jimi Hendrix

And according to my friend of mine "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" by Neversoft.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do we have any idea which live Purple Haze is going to be in it? Because there are a lot of them.

Schide on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    And according to my friend of mine "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" by Neversoft.

I'm assuming this is bullshit, but it's kind of ironic that I'm drunk while reading this.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'm assuming this is bullshit, but it's kind of ironic that I'm drunk while reading this.

My friend and I have this game where we send IMs to one another to try to make one another laugh in the office since he works in one in the Bay Area. He made a mock setlist for laughs and was about to put it on a blog in hopes that some gaming sites would carry it for shits and giggles.

Arikado on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

I thought it was Toxicity, didn't they already show that off?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You guys are forgetting the biggest feature of GH: World Tour's setlist:
    I can't drive 55-Sammy Hagar

glithert on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    After reading both Joystiq and Wired, I'm still not convinced. I don't think anyone had a big problem with GH3 when it was learned that the Wii version wasn't going to have DLC but would still have everything else the 360/PS3 versions would have, as it was understandable at the time. Why can't the same sort of thing be said here by the RB guys instead of having "fully-featured" in quotation marks, and making the interviewers give speculations as to what it actually means?

The quotation marks around "fully featured" are from Joystiq and Wired, not from Harmonix; my impression is that they, you, me and pretty much everyone else are just skeptical about what that entails, which is why they couched it in scare quotes (which is my favorite term in the world).

IMO, both Guitar Hero and Rock Band are still treating the Wii as a third-class citizen, it's just that Activision/VV (VV is still doing the Wii version, aren't they?) has been slightly more open about what their Wii version will have. On the other hand, VV also shipped the Wii version of GH3 in freaking mono, and Activision promised DLC for that game too, so I'm not sure which horse Wii-only owners should strap themselves to, honestly.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Lunker wrote: »

The quotation marks around "fully featured" are from Joystiq and Wired, not from Harmonix; my impression is that they, you, me and pretty much everyone else are just skeptical about what that entails, which is why they couched it in scare quotes (which is my favorite term in the world).

IMO, both Guitar Hero and Rock Band are still treating the Wii as a third-class citizen, it's just that Activision/VV (VV is still doing the Wii version, aren't they?) has been slightly more open about what their Wii version will have. On the other hand, VV also shipped the Wii version of GH3 in freaking mono, and Activision promised DLC for that game too, so I'm not sure which horse Wii-only owners should strap themselves to, honestly.

basically, Wii owners should just fucking buy a 360 already to make sure they don't get fucked over.

I mean, I did.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »

basically, Wii owners should just fucking buy a 360 already to make sure they don't get fucked over.

I mean, I did.

That's pretty much my plan.

Right after I buy a TV. And by right after, I mean a few paychecks after. Meaning probably after the holiday season. Maybe there'll be a pricedrop on the 360 or a RB2 bundle out by then? *crosses fingers*

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There's that $199 alleged price for the 360 coming out soon.

Arikado on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah but isn't that one sans hard drive?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There's also the Dell deal of them selling an Elite with 2 games for $399.

There have been a few things floating around Kotaku/Joystiq.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »

you can get a 20GB hard drive from eBay fairly easily. I mean, where do you think those drives go after some [strike]sucker[/strike] enthusiast buys the 120G drive?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »

you can get a 20GB hard drive from eBay fairly easily. I mean, where do you think those drives go after some [strike]sucker[/strike] enthusiast buys the 120G drive?

HmmmMMMMMmmmmm...

KalTorak on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm just listening to the original GG&HT...hey it actually is a pretty good cover.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do we have any idea which live Purple Haze is going to be in it? Because there are a lot of them.

This one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsM5XQI738A

San Diego, 69. Expect "Eww, I gotta sing 'excuse me while I kiss that guy'??" to be all around.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sweet, I pulled a FC on guitar for Real Good Looking Boy w/o using an OD path and cracked the top 10.

Right now I'm sitting at number 9 on the 360 boards with a score of 168,071 on it.

My first top 10, I'm a happy boy!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm....

Rebel Yell and Bullet With Butterfly Wings on World Tour? Damn. Too bad I have no faith Neversoft will bring out a good product. I pulled out GH2 a while ago and was like "This is so much better than 3!"

Anyway, here's hoping at least Bullet will make it to RB.

Also, I should just sig what I want so any Harmonix guys browsing this thread see it. You know what? I'm going to.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ShlankShlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fuck GG&HT. Made it to 90% last night and could just see past the part I was on to an easy part where I could get my meter back up but I failed.

Shlank on
    Shlankx.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    David_T wrote: »

This one.

San Diego, 69. Expect "Eww, I gotta sing 'excuse me while I kiss that guy'??" to be all around.

Ha, awesome. That was the one that my dad and I were predicting it was going to be, considering it was the 69 version most likely to have a master.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was in Best Buy yesterday buying a new router and we walked by the destroyed Rock Band demo station. The drums were so badly damaged that all that remained of the bass pedal was the bottom half that was chained to the display. My sister and I did 29 Fingers and almost gold starred it had it not been for the red pad being nothing more than mush. Some kids were watching her and were all like "durr a girl...i bet u cant beat gg/ht..." and so she took up the challenge despite the guitar lacking any coherant up-strum detection.

So with nothing more than downstrums, my sister got to 85% of the second solo. By then our audience had already left impressed so we checked out.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pics please, or it didn't happen...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have no idea why I would bother to take a picture of my sister failing out of GG/HT on a busted guitar in the middle of Best Buy.

Arikado on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    artistic merit? Would that not contain some sort of social commentary? I can see it.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, she can 5 star GGHT already, it's not like it is an amazing achievement.

Arikado on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have no idea why I would bother to take a picture of my sister failing out of GG/HT on a busted guitar in the middle of Best Buy.

That's actually just a prime example of some internet perv wanting a picture of your sister. The fact that she's playing games likely ups the fantasy.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sweet, I pulled a FC on guitar for Real Good Looking Boy w/o using an OD path and cracked the top 10.

Right now I'm sitting at number 9 on the 360 boards with a score of 168,071 on it.

My first top 10, I'm a happy boy!

Nice work, dude. I might give it a crack. Best I've done is top 100.

Also, more like Worst Buy olol!

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

That's actually just a prime example of some internet perv wanting a picture of your sister. The fact that she's playing games likely ups the fantasy.

We've already had to report like a dozen random people on LIVE because of creepy guys sending messages to my sister. She's an adult so she can handle herself. It's just funny seeing all the friend requests and messages from the night before because she plays Band Quickplay on my account. And all the late-night, slurred messages from the PA folks.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

We've already had to report like a dozen random people on LIVE because of creepy guys sending messages to my sister. She's an adult so she can handle herself. It's just funny seeing all the friend requests and messages from the night before because she plays Band Quickplay on my account. And all the late-night, slurred messages from the PA folks.

Who says I wanted pictures of your sister...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Your sister is a total meanie. :x

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, she can 5 star GGHT already, it's not like it is an amazing achievement.

ahah I was just being dumb...

but yeah I think I have sent one or two late night slurred messages to your acct when your sister may or may not have been playing but that's because I'm usually pretty buzzed by the time I play band quick play..and I was just looking for somebody to play with.

and I've seen your sister's skills.. like that begining part of joker and the thief!!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hmmm....

Rebel Yell and Bullet With Butterfly Wings on World Tour? Damn. Too bad I have no faith Neversoft will bring out a good product. I pulled out GH2 a while ago and was like "This is so much better than 3!"

Also, I should just sig what I want so any Harmonix guys browsing this thread see it. You know what? I'm going to.

If I recall correctly, Rebel Yell was going to be in Rock Band, but Harmonix decided against it. Their reason was that it was too repetitive and not actually fun.

RCagent on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well that's cool. I still want Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

|
    V Look at my sig, Harmonix!

Nova_C on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RCagent wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hmmm....

If I recall correctly, Rebel Yell was going to be in Rock Band, but Harmonix decided against it. Their reason was that it was too repetitive and not actually fun.

I don't remember hearing anything about this. Source?

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif