As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel : The Batman Thread

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Why?

They explained the 3 Batmen in the 3 Batmen arc

ps why are we spoiling speculation again?
    Because its a mystery what's under the spoiler tag. Part of the fun is clicking it.
    no that's not how spoilers work

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why?

Because its a mystery what's under the spoiler tag. Part of the fun is clicking it.
    Well, the third Batman escaped in the last issue of the arc.

Exactly. And he has explicit ties to Dr. Hurt.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Why?

he was the one damien fights in #666, if you recall, and in that story damien mentions that the third man has been gone for a long time, since "haunting" bruce.

i just reread batman and son, since i just got the black glove yesterday (god, i can just tell i'm going to go buy all the r.i.p. singles), and i just noticed that, right when he gets to london, bruce is trying to meet up with cyril (obliquely referred to as the "earl of wordenshire"). classy dude, or black glove hint?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd like to see the third batman become a recurring villain. Mostly just for his creepy goggle cowl.

Lux on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Why?

he was the one damien fights in #666, if you recall, and in that story damien mentions that the third man has been gone for a long time, since "haunting" bruce.

i just reread batman and son, since i just got the black glove yesterday (god, i can just tell i'm going to go buy all the r.i.p. singles), and i just noticed that, right when he gets to london, bruce is trying to meet up with cyril (obliquely referred to as the "earl of wordenshire"). classy dude, or black glove hint?
    Cyril is one of the guys in the Club of Heroes.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Iroh wrote: »
    Why?

Cyril is one of the guys in the Club of Heroes.
    yes, i know. the earl of wordenshire.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    is that the same cyril that was an ultramarine(?) in morrison's jla classified?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Why?

I think Grant Morrison has hinted somewhat that the Black Glove is going to be someone of more prominence.

Also, I remember #666, but I'm still not really sure how we're supposed to take that issue.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question and/or Speculation:

Nobody ever really talks about the prose issue. I forget which one it was, but it happened shortly after Batman & Son. The issue that prominently featured Joker but wasn't really a comic. Anyway, I never read it. I bought it, and I started it, but I just couldn't get past all those words.

Might some clues to Black Glove's identity be hidden in this issue? After all, Joker seems to know.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The prose issue was the best damn thing.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hell yeah it was

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2008
    I've heard other people say it's awful and not worth reading

I can never push myself through it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It is worth reading, Keith

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only read comics because the pictures help me understand the stories despite my crippling illiteracy, so the prose issue was of no use to me at all.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Apparently a copy of the "potty mouth variant" of All Star Batman and Robin #10 just sold on eBay for $250.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Apparently a copy of the "potty mouth variant" of All Star Batman and Robin #10 just sold on eBay for $250.

Good buy. When Frank Miller finally gets the mainstream recognition he deserves for his gripping tales of violence, cruelty, and boobies, it'll be worth a fortune.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    My favourite All Star page so far. Linked for huge.

"Out of my way, sperm bank!"

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is All-Star Batman #10 the most recent one? How long ago did it come out? It seems like forever since I've read an issue of ASBatman.

Also, is that pottymouth stuff from a different version? I don't remember that at all from my issue. In fact, its been so long since I've read those issues I can't remember much of them at all. Maybe I ought to dig those out of my long box and reread them.

When is the next one due out?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It came out last week.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I still can't really believe that around the same time we're going to have Grant Morrison, Denny O'neil, Paul Dini, and Neil Gaiman all writing Batman.

Makes my nipples hard just thinking about it.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I still can't really believe that around the same time we're going to have Grant Morrison, Denny O'neil, Paul Dini, and Neil Gaiman all writing Batman.

Makes my nipples hard just thinking about it.

And Frank Miller is still writing All-Star!! Hurray!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is All-Star Batman #10 the most recent one? How long ago did it come out? It seems like forever since I've read an issue of ASBatman.

Also, is that pottymouth stuff from a different version? I don't remember that at all from my issue. In fact, its been so long since I've read those issues I can't remember much of them at all. Maybe I ought to dig those out of my long box and reread them.

Last week's All Star Batman and Robin had a printing error which meant that the swear words normally blocked out of the dialogue were readable. This wasn't discovered until after a bunch of the issues had shipped. DC issued a recall, but naturally enough collectors are trying to get their hands on copy of the original.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wow. I had no idea number 10 came out last week. Somehow I missed that, and my comic guy didn't pull it for me. I sure hope I can get my hands on one next Wednesday.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wow. I had no idea number 10 came out last week. Somehow I missed that, and my comic guy didn't pull it for me. I sure hope I can get my hands on one next Wednesday.

The issue was swiftly recalled due to the visible swearing, so it's no surprise you missed it.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

#11 is solicited for late November. My guess is that it'll come out around March next year though. I really can't imagine them finishing the series before 2011...

Bloods End: What's Denny O'Neil doing? Oh and you forgot Kevin Smith.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I just read a news article on Newsarama about how St. Mark's Comics in New York was selling issues of All-Star Batman #10 to anyone. Pissed me off since that's really close to where I live and I should've checked it out on Wednesday. D:

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

#11 is solicited for late November. My guess is that it'll come out around March next year though. I really can't imagine them finishing the series before 2011...

Bloods End: What's Denny O'Neil doing? Oh and you forgot Kevin Smith.

O'Neil is evidently writing Detective, and focusing on how Gotham deals with losing it's protector. And Kevin Smith is good, but he's not a big comic name like the others.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I just read a news article on Newsarama about how St. Mark's Comics in New York was selling issues of All-Star Batman #10 to anyone. Pissed me off since that's really close to where I live and I should've checked it out on Wednesday. D:

Sorry to hear that Zero. We get comics a day after you guys so there was no chance of picking one up here. Plus I didn't hear about this until someone told me about it yesterday.

That sucks, though. Maybe you should change back to the angry Batman signature for a bit?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hah. :P

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So are they going to print a new batch of #10 and distribute them like normal? When I go to my comic shop I always peruse the racks and make sure I didn't miss anything, and I'm almost 100% positive I didn't see any new issues of Allstar Batman, otherwise I would've grabbed it off the shelf. Plus I have it on my pull list, and my comic guy is generally very good at getting all my pulls.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes, it looks like there'll be a new printing released instead

Newsarama's article on the printing error

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    According to wikipedia (with its assorted citations and whatnot), The Dark Knight will be released on DVD on December 9th, and will be re-released into Imax theaters in January 2009, apparently to drum up interest/hype for the film preceding Academy Awards nominations/voting.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question and/or Speculation:

Nobody ever really talks about the prose issue. I forget which one it was, but it happened shortly after Batman & Son. The issue that prominently featured Joker but wasn't really a comic. Anyway, I never read it. I bought it, and I started it, but I just couldn't get past all those words.

Might some clues to Black Glove's identity be hidden in this issue? After all, Joker seems to know.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only bad thing is the shitty CG art that is splattered pointlessly through it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, what was with the art?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So has Batman died yet?

Duki on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Batman isn't dying!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BATMAN AND ROBIN CAN NEVER DIE!

Only the actors who portray them.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arggh god damn you Paul Dini why did you have to make reference to Hush Returns after 2 issues not mentioning it?

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2008
    The current Robin storyline really makes it look like Tim's gonna be Batman

I don't think he will, but that's what it looks like!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey Keith, what are some good Tim Drake Robin stories

I've never found the character particularly interesting, but I've got the feeling that may be because pretty much all I've read with him in it is Young Justice and Teen Titans, aside from when he turns up in Nightwing every now and again.

suggest

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
This discussion has been closed.