As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Registration / Will Call FAQ

LigerLiger Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
There have been a lot of repeated questions about Registration and Will Call this year, so hopefully this will throw everything into one partly organized pile. If you have more questions, please ask here and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

--I pre-registered and I don't have my badge yet. Where is it?--

If your address is within the US and your badge has not yet arrived, contact Brown Paper Tickets at support@brownpapertickets.com

If your address is outside the US (INCLUDING CANADA) you can pick up your badge at Will Call. There will be a separate line for internationals so you're not stuck waiting longer than us colonials.

If you pre-registered after August 1st, regardless of location, you'll need to come to Will Call.

--What the Hell is Will Call?--

In case you're new to the whole shebang, Will Call is a section of registration specifically for people who aren't buying passes day-of. If you pre-registered, if your badge was lost in the mail (and were directed to will call) or if you're VIP/Media, you will pick up your badge at Will Call.

--What do I need to have in order to get my pre-regged badge?--

Please have a valid photo ID on hand. State ID, Driver's License, or Passport are preferable. Library cards don't count, although they do score points toward your nerd cred. If your ID doesn't match your face, we probably won't accept it. ;)

--When is Registration Open?--

Registration will be open on Thursday evening for Will Call and media from 6pm to 8pm, but realistically we will probably be around until midnight. Registration will open fully on Friday and Saturday at 8am. If you wish to pick up/buy a badge after 9pm on Friday or Saturday, or anytime on Sunday, head to the Info Booth and talk to the Registration enforcer.

--I am buying my badge day-of. What methods of payment do you take?--

We accept American cash, shiny gold rocks, and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard or AmEx). There will be lines boldly labeled for cash and credit. Please don't get in the Will Call line if you haven't already purchased!

--Where can I find Registration booth this year?--

We're in the same location as last year. South lobby of the 4th floor. Info Booth will also be nearby, so you know where to go if you come in on Sunday or late Friday/Saturday.

--Can I buy a Sunday badge on Friday? (and other single day requests)--

Friday badges will be for sale on Friday, Saturday badges will be available on Friday and Saturday. Sunday badges will be sold ONLY on Sunday.

--Is this where I pick up my BYOC badge?--

NO. BYOC participants pick up their badges from BigRed at the main entrance to the BYOC area. Please, save your backs and don't haul your towers to Registration. We will send you to the other end of the building.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
Liger on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    --Is this where I pick up my BYOC badge?--

NO. BYOC participants pick up their badges from BigRed at the main entrance to the BYOC area. Please, save your backs and don't haul your towers to Registration. We will send you to the other end of the building.

Location to get this:

North lobby, by the glass doors to the skybridge.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bumping for the lazy gamers. :P

Liger on
  • Options
    timkebtimkeb Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    My Pre-Reg passes were lost in the mail, so the kind people at BrownPaper Tickets moved them to Will Call.

I have Saturday only passes, will I be able to pick up my passes at Will Call on Friday evening?

timkeb on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes! If you come after 9pm, you will find a Registration enforcer at the Info Booth. Please bring photo ID and a smile.

Liger on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    9PM?

I thought will call opened at 6.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    It does, but the building closes at 9, so will call enforcers are moved to the 1st floor ticket booth until midnight.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I need to be more clear.

Registration is open for Will Call at 6pm on THURSDAY.

On FRIDAY, Registration will be open at its regular location from 8am to 9pm. At 9, Reg. closes and there will be one Registration Enforcer at the PAX Info booth in the same lobby. If you come in before 9 on Friday, come to Registration. If you come in after 9, go to the Info Booth.

Liger on
  • Options
    Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thats what i wanted to know! The first year i didn't Pre-reg at less i cant forget my pass

Soda241 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bumping again for lazy nerds and avoiding repeat questions.

If you have Reg questions, I'll be checking this place until the wee hours of Thursday morning.

Liger on
  • Options
    geoffhomgeoffhom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Question 1: You say that Will Call will be open on Thur from 6 - 8 pm, but probably until midnight. Will the location change after 9 pm Thur, similar to Friday registration?

Question 2: I am going to the pre-PAX dinner, which is Thur 7 - 10 pm. Should I try to get my badge from Will Call before or after the dinner? (Since you said you'll probably be there until midnight, it sounds like if I got there at 5:30/6 pm the line would take a couple of hours to go through and I'd be late for dinner.)

geoffhom on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Answer 1: We will not be moving. We're still setting up at that point Thursday night.

Answer 2: I'd say come at 6 before the dinner and check out the line. If it looks like it will take too long, come back afterwards. Don't worry about coming a half hour early to stand in line.

Liger on
  • Options
    SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    By "Registration" do you just mean we can pick up our badges thursday at 6?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    geoffhomgeoffhom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Answer 1: We will not be moving. We're still setting up at that point Thursday night.

Answer 2: I'd say come at 6 before the dinner and check out the line. If it looks like it will take too long, come back afterwards. Don't worry about coming a half hour early to stand in line.
    Liger, thank you!

geoffhom on
  • Options
    SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    /sigh Bump.

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Dracomaster01Dracomaster01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I couldn't figure out if this was already answered,but my mom wants to know where you are first supposed to go to get the registration stuff (we already have the three day pass), and where do we park.

Dracomaster01 on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    By "Registration" do you just mean we can pick up our badges thursday at 6?

Yes, if your badge is at will call you can pick it up until midnight tonight.
    I couldn't figure out if this was already answered,but my mom wants to know where you are first supposed to go to get the registration stuff (we already have the three day pass), and where do we park.

You can park wherever you want. There's parking attached to the convention center, but it's not free.

You can pick up your lewtz on the fourth floor at registration on Friday.

GeeCee on
This discussion has been closed.