As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm done.

SlainbylichSlainbylich Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, after careful consideration and numerous thought experiments I have come to the conclusion that I essentially peaked in life sometime two or three years ago. I don't see myself living past this semester, one way or another. There is no hope, no bright end. No friends, no family, no future. In the end, my death will be of far more use for society than my continued living.

I've done the therapy thing for a year, a worthless empty year. All I get is the same stupid bull shit repeated back at me. I'm tired of the lies, and trying to make believe that there is any hope for me.

I'm not going to go to the gym. I do that already, and it's worthless. Why work out, when it doesn't matter anyway? No one notices, no one cares. It doesn't help anyway.

I don't have a family that would notice me gone. Not that anyone would anyway.

I need a spectacular end. One that I could charge admission for, and have someone donate the proceeds to charity. Any ideas?

Slainbylich on

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "Semester"?

Look, high school sucks, and college can sometimes suck too. This is not the end of the world.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dude, wait...what?
    There is absolutely no reason to follow that train of thought... there has to be one little thing in your life that gives you a smile... be it a cigarette, a pet or building models. I've been where you are... and if I hadn't have been pulled out of a garage by my father when I was trying to C02 myself I'd be gone...

There isn't a day where I don't regret what I did...
    Please... don't let it go like this. There has to be someone you can call... hell if it would help, I'd even let you call me, collect this evening so you can talk...

Reconsider what your doing...

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Become someone rich and famous through exceptional amounts of ambition and personal impetus. So when you die of natural causes or a freak accident everyone will notice and care regardless of their personal disposition toward you.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You need professional help, and not in a bad way. Right now you are stuck on a depressed cognitive path, and pretty much everything seems hopeless and devoid of happiness. Most people don't know that depression is not so much sadness but in fact, more a general lack of feeling, almost a psychic death. You can be restored to a normal functioning person, and when you're depressed, making that first step towards a healthy mental state can be really hard, but you have to do it! There are antidepressants and great therapies out there. There are hotlines and special advisors. You have resources available to you. Please seek professional help. I always remember that there was a famous survey done by a psychologist where something around 95% of the "I jumped off the golden gate bridge" survivors regretting their choice about halfway down. Whether or not that's an urban myth, I do not know, but it is always a good reminder to me that when I get depressed, I know it is a chemical phase and not something permanent. Your coping skills are low right now, and need to be built back up with therapy. Go to a therapist.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, if you really think nobody notices or cares then do whatever the hell you want, whenever you want (as long as nobody is endangered or physically harmed in the process, of course). Nobody cares, YOU don't care, turn this into the power of being able to do anything.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On the off-chance you're not attention whoring or a troll:

You are depressed, it is a mental sickness that can be battled with the right drugs and therapy. It is up to you to go to a doctor right now and get the help you need.

Aldo on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't know if you have the means yourself, or access to some funds, but i'd suggest a sabbatical.
    A big one.

Sell a bunch of your stuff, say goodbye to any friends/family you currently care about, and leave the country for a month or two. Or six.

Live on the cheap, find some hard work, go exploring, test your limits.
    Leave your current life behind, and see if you can re-discover a few things about yourself and your time on this planet that might be worth sticking around for.

It sounds like a drastic change of scenery, some time away from your current environment/responsibilities, and a solo sojourn into a complete unknown might be in order.

Plus, look at it this way: what do you have to lose?

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    you did not seriously expect people to give you advice on ways to kill yourself, did you? sounds like you just got burned by a bad therapist. get a new one, and a psychiatrist to go along with it. pills are good!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Call this number they can help you.

1-800-273-8255.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LackadaisicalLackadaisical Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oy, that's unfair. You can't just post in my thread about how life is worth living and how no problem is too big too fix given time and then make the worst mistake ever. I'm emotionally and mentally fucked up, and worried in more ways than one about my continued existence and what possible ramifications it could have for others, but that doesn't mean I'll ever take my own life. It's a mistake, and it's one mistake that cannot be undone. If no one cares for you than no one is going to stop you, but how unfortunate would it be to end your life in such a meaningless way? If your family doesn't care for you and would rather have you dead then live on to spite them! Don't give up, it can change. You can change.

Lackadaisical on
    It's a warm feeling when you realize that people share your views...
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Sandra Lee and Rachel Ray raped food.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2008
    wah wah life at school is so hard wah wah

Tube on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited August 2008
    We are not equipped to help nor are we interested in helping the suicidal.

If you are feeling that you cannot face life, then please, please seek professional help.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ (A US crisis hotline site)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255) (From the above site)

http://www.befrienders.org/ (An international site that includes most countries and languages)

Ramius on
This discussion has been closed.