As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic: Not Enough BBQ

aerathilaerathil Registered User new member
edited August 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey, my friend started a webcomic lately and asked that I spread the word. It deals mostly with gaming and geek culture (oh how broad that is...) and promises to be a good read. It updates every Monday. Have a look!

8-25-08.png

aerathil on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sitewhore is sitewhoring

Art's not bad, writing is shit.

Mustang on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PLEASE PUT THE ART INTO THE OPENING POST PLEASE.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    you need to work on your writing.

the first one on the page is entirely too wordy. The point that fat lardo nerd kids would jerk off to female anime characters can be gotten across in way less time with way less reading.
    i got to the end and was kinda like 'really? a joke about lardo nerds wanking to anime girls? that's it?' which is bad.

the one about wow and the beach. did you SERIOUSLY just use a lens flare?
    I only thought people used those to be ironic or funny nowadays
    spend some time lurking on the entire internet and you will see that lens flare is photoshop's little inside joke for industry people kinda like "hey guys, look what we still put into our program even though it's the laughing stock of the industry! heheheh we are so charming and funny but still in a businesslike manner!"
    the joke on this one was slightly better than the first, but still, kinda overdone. Everyone knows that wow players would rather play wow than be outside. If you must use that tired truth, at least expand on it a little.

the cooking mama one. First of all, a B is not a fail, an F is a fail. A B is an alright mark in high school. If you're in university, (and you're me) it's like fist-pumping hell yeah, take that genetics, you asshole! goodness.
    Even if it was an F, the joke still just seems forced, like you wanted to draw cooking mama so you threw her into a comic as an afterthought. It's just not funny.
    I stopped looking through them at that point

so, yeah, post some if you want individual crits or if you feel those latest three weren't your best.

beavotron on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So...this isn't your art?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, actually drawing the Star Wars toys would be cool. Particularly the Ahsoka in the background of the last frame.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    An account made yesterday for the express purpose of posting this and only this. Blearch.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    The rule is simple enough to understand had you read it.

5 ) Post Your Own Work
    If your pal is an awesome artist, then encourage him/her to sign up and post the art him/herself. Don't post artwork on someone else's behalf and demand critique.

bombardier on
This discussion has been closed.