As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Awesome 5.1 PC Speaker Set

1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
So the last I checked, the Logitech Z-5500s were the king of the hill, along with the Creative 7.1 Gigaworks. The Logitech subwoofer was praised for it's good (heavy) bass.

Now, I have the Logitech Z-680s, but recently, one of the speakers has developed a cold (buzzing). It's time to upgrade!

Are the Z-5500s still king? I haven't seen any decent reviews (but I'm at work, filtered) on new ones, besides the Razer Mako - which are over $300 for a 2.1 system.

I need 5.1, with good frequency response and lots of power. Don't care about size/weight.

1ddqd on

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would go for the Z-5500. Dell has it for $230 with free shipping.

I have seen it as low $180 on there with free shipping. Newegg wants $278 or so with shipping.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can personally vouch for the z-5300s being great, I'm sure the 550s are just as, if not more.

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • 1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My brother and cousin both have the Z-5500s; they bought them right after I bought the Z-680s and raved about them (right at end of life lol). I am absolutely in love and very impressed with these speakers, mainly because they've lasted so long. I just don't want to buy the Z-5500s and have a new version come out (like with the Z-680s)

1ddqd on