As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtube suddenly doesn't work

mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Youtube has been working fine, except occasionally every month or two, it just won't load. I get a cannot find server message.

It works if I go through a proxy site though.

I've tried IE, and firefox, and I still can't even get onto it. This happens once a month. Any ideas? This is driving me fucking insane.

edit: Vista just installed an update. I fucking hate this fucking OS. Everything is does, fucks something up.

edit2: Just got a blue screen when Vista was updating. ARGHHH

mooshoepork on

• Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't believe they still haven't worked out even half the kinks in vista. it's like they weren't even trying with that OS.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, since you CAN access it normally on your PC throughout the month, I would say it's most likely the service (or your ISP). Some routers reboot and take a while to regain internet connection. Is it precisely the same time every month?

1ddqd on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, maybe try re-installing Flash player? I had a similar problem and re-installing that seemed to work.

tardcore on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Or at least updating to the newest version as a starting point.

1ddqd on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I did that. Then I updated vista as I said, and it blue screened right. When it booted back up it worked again.

Really strange. Thanks for the help guys. this is solved. Wonder why it did it though...

mooshoepork on