As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gamestop 25% off any used XBox 360 & oXBox games

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Games and Technology
I saw this mentioned in a few other threads, but I thought it was worthy of its own thread.

ebc3006350uj8.jpg

25% off any XBox 360 or original XBox used games. 3 games max.

So I was looking through Gamestop.com & I found the following games that I thought were solid deals. 25% off price in paranthesis)

Prey $4 ($3)
The Darkness $9 ($6.75)
The Club $15 ($11.25)
Blue Dragon $18 ($13.50)
Stranglehold $18 ($13.50)
Condemned 2 $18 ($13.50)
Assassin's Creed $25 ($18.75)
Orange Box $27 ($20.25)
Burnout Paradise $27 ($20.25)
Mass Effect $30 ($22.50)
DMC4 $35 ($26.25)
Lego Indiana Jones $45 ($30)

Anyone else see some cool deals that you plan on taking advantage of?

RainbowDespair on

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dude, GameStop has coupons like that every week that they send out in an email.

Last week it was the same thing, but for PSP, PS2, and PS3 stuff, and before that, 25% off of Nintendo systems' games.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Really, I didn't realize that this was such a common thing.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that The Club (a fantastic arcade racing/FPS hybrid that I've been waiting for a price drop on) essentially just dropped from $30 to $11.25. Pretty sweet deal on Blue Dragon as well. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So The Club is good? Cause I just purchased it (for $15) and Hulk: UD (for $8) and got to play Hulk before my 360 Red Ringed.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Demitri OmniDemitri Omni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Be careful. A lot of those stupid promotions are bugged in GameStop's systems and not every store manager/ASM/third key is smart enough to actually get them to work.

The 'trade in x of these selected titles, and get y game for z!' promotions in particular NEVER work right.

Demitri Omni on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They pretty much always work fine. In the rare cases that they don't, it's easy to fix.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    would these work for ebgames in canada? Wishful thinking I'm pretty sure.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This 25% off also stacks with the Edge Card 10% discount.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nocren wrote: »
    So The Club is good? Cause I just purchased it (for $15) and Hulk: UD (for $8) and got to play Hulk before my 360 Red Ringed.

I haven't had the chance to play the full version yet (got distracted on other games), but I really liked the demo. It's like the Mercenaries mini-game in RE4 expanded out to a full game. Rather than being a regular FPS, your goal is to get as high a score as possible by building up a really high multiplier which you do by killing enemies every few seconds. It's like a shooter for leaderboard chasing fanatics (i.e. me).

In the end, I ended up getting Civilization Revolution (my daughter wanted it, plus I figured it would be a nice distraction from Civ 4), The Club, and Crackdown.

RainbowDespair on