As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm conservative in my personal views, but I don't really like anyone. I might just write in Abraham Lincoln or something.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A conservative artist? My world is being rocked and I don't like it.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, guys. I got my left ear cartilage pierced yesterday. Woot!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aritst? I've posted maybe two pictures in the doodle thread over the course of the year I've been here. You guys are just fun to watch.

I lean towards conservative views on a some things, and liberal on a few, and sadly, I'm sort of apathetic to a lot of political topics. I also realize that there is no universally good platform. Things like universal healthcare will have drawbacks and benefits. Even though I am pro-life, I believe that there is a point where it's the mother's choice.

Maybe I am moderate? Anyway, nothing will ever make everyone happy, and I accept that.

I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say that I consider myself conservative, but I don't subscribe to a political party or to misguided universally perfect platforms.

Also, I think I'm gonna get a tattoo soon.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2008

Well done! I had a helix in my right ear when I was in uni. I also had an industrial and orbital in my left ear and a tragus piercing in my right ear. Oh, and I had my tongue and my nape pierced. Piercing is fun! I don't have any of them in anymore. I took them all out when I was in the military and haven't bothered getting them redone since my job doesn't condone male piercings.

Grifter on
  • Options
    EdmanEdman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Remember kids, it's still not too late to vote Cthulhu!

facebook-logo.gif

Edman on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm down with Lebowski.

Grifter on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, I think I'm gonna get a tattoo soon.
    Make sure you get a tribal band on your arm. Ohhh, how about some Chinese character from a takeout menu?

I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo since I was 18 (23 now) but I haven't actually found anything I'd want on my body for the rest of my life. There's a few lyrics from one of my favorite songs I'd actually like to get but I don't know how I'd be able to get it to work without making it look totally ridiculous.

From Neutral Milk Hotel's Holland, 1945
    Now she's a little boy in Spain
    Playing pianos filled with flames
    On empty rings around the sun
    All sing to say my dream has come

animale on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do you guys read "I drew this"? I go there to be told what my political stances should be.
    That sounds painful. Was it painful?

PROX on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damned liberal cartilage.

MKR on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    animale wrote: »
    Ohhh, how about some Chinese character from a takeout menu?

At a get together the other day, I saw a guy with one of those. I asked if he knew what it meant, he goes "This is the letter J in Japanese". It was actually the symbol for Spring or Summer. I told him this, he became very sad and didn't talk to me afterwards.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap, Grif! That's intense! :P Which one hurt the most? My friend and I were talking about her getting a tragus piercing recently...I imagine it's more painful than a helix though, right? And maybe "crunchier"? It's funny, she was going to get the helix done with me, but told me she'd be more bothered b the "crunch" than the actual pain. I told her I barely heard anything - it was like jabbing an apple really quickly with a needle.
    PROX wrote: »
    Do you guys read "I drew this"? I go there to be told what my political stances should be.

It's kinda funny, I didn't know what to expect. Some people told me it would hurt *less* than an earlobe piercing, some told me it would hurt more.

I have three earlobe piercings in each ear (so, a total of 6) so I have an idea of how much that hurts.

To answer your question - yes, it hurt...and it definitely hurt more than an earlobe. :P Initially, I was like, "oh! That wasn't so bad!" and then I guess the needle shimmied a bit when he was pressing the other end of it into the cork (at the back of the ear), and then suddenly it hurt a lot more.

The weird thing was, immediately afterwards, we walked back to the waiting room (not more than 10 feet), and while me and my friend were standing there, waiting for my card to go through...I felt really nauseous...as in, I was about 30 seconds from saying "I need to sit down" and "can I have a plastic bag please". I also felt lightheaded.

I'm still not sure why this happened. That didn't happen for ANY of the other SIX piercings I've gotten, I ate beforehand, I've never fainted in my life, or had that kind of reaction EVER to any kind of pain, and yes, it was painful...but nowhere near as painful as I would've imagined it would've had to have been for me to feel nauseous.

There was a huge build-up to it though...maybe that contributed? Probably because I had no idea what to expect...and I've wanted this piercing for awhile (I think I wanted 3 earlobe piercings in each ear, and one cartilage piercing...probably since freshman year of high school)...so it was the "final piercing!".

Meh, who knows. I'm very happy with it. :) It also stopped hurting for the most part after a half hour, I barely felt it at all after an hour and a half, and after that, I didn't feel anything. Woo!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap, Grif! That's intense! :P Which one hurt the most? My friend and I were talking about her getting a tragus piercing recently...I imagine it's more painful than a helix though, right? And maybe "crunchier"? It's funny, she was going to get the helix done with me, but told me she'd be more bothered b the "crunch" than the actual pain. I told her I barely heard anything - it was like jabbing an apple really quickly with a needle.

Well, the first piercing that I got was my tongue because I figured that would be the most painful one to get. While, it wasn't all that painful when I had it done, the recovery was quite painful for me. My tongue swelled quite a bit for a couple of days and I had a hard time eating anything solid for about a week while it healed.

The tragus wasn't all that bad. However, you definitely hear the needle go through the cartilage much more clearly since it's right next to the opening of your ear.

I'd have to say that getting a nape piercing wasn't the smartest thing that I've ever done. It was constantly getting caught on things or getting hurt because I'm a guy and guys do things like put each other in headlocks and other such things. Also, it got caught on girls' watches and bracelets when they were hugging me.

Other than that, none of the actual piercings were all that painful for me. I think I might just have a fairly high threshold for pain, though.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's kinda funny, I didn't know what to expect. Some people told me it would hurt *less* than an earlobe piercing, some told me it would hurt more.

I have three earlobe piercings in each ear (so, a total of 6) so I have an idea of how much that hurts.

To answer your question - yes, it hurt...and it definitely hurt more than an earlobe. :P Initially, I was like, "oh! That wasn't so bad!" and then I guess the needle shimmied a bit when he was pressing the other end of it into the cork (at the back of the ear), and then suddenly it hurt a lot more.

The weird thing was, immediately afterwards, we walked back to the waiting room (not more than 10 feet), and while me and my friend were standing there, waiting for my card to go through...I felt really nauseous...as in, I was about 30 seconds from saying "I need to sit down" and "can I have a plastic bag please". I also felt lightheaded.

I'm still not sure why this happened. That didn't happen for ANY of the other SIX piercings I've gotten, I ate beforehand, I've never fainted in my life, or had that kind of reaction EVER to any kind of pain, and yes, it was painful...but nowhere near as painful as I would've imagined it would've had to have been for me to feel nauseous.

There was a huge build-up to it though...maybe that contributed? Probably because I had no idea what to expect...and I've wanted this piercing for awhile (I think I wanted 3 earlobe piercings in each ear, and one cartilage piercing...probably since freshman year of high school)...so it was the "final piercing!".

Meh, who knows. I'm very happy with it. :) It also stopped hurting for the most part after a half hour, I barely felt it at all after an hour and a half, and after that, I didn't feel anything. Woo!

I will never understand why people go all out with this stuff. Did the piercer give you a salve so that your head wounds wouldn't get infected?

edit: see grifter is the kind of person I dont understand.

PROX on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What a bunch of wusses. Who the hell feels pain anymore?

Tam on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Hey, me! Me! I do! I feel pain.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Hey, me! Me! I do! I feel pain.

more like srSISSY.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I will never understand why people go all out with this stuff. Did the piercer give you a salve so that your head wounds wouldn't get infected?

edit: see grifter is the kind of person I dont understand.

No, he told me that the best thing I could do would be to soak the piercing in a mild sea salt + water solution, with the water being no saltier than tears...and he said the more often I do that, and the longer I do that, the better. It makes the piercing heal much faster, apparently. He also told me to maybe wash the area with a mild soap 3 times a week.

I'm surprised that he told me not to twist the earring. I've been told to do that before, but he said it wouldn't really be necessary, unless there was soap in the piercing that had to get out.

...heheh, and honestly, they tend to say things like this are "addicting"...and, I mean, i can see why. :P People that have tattoo's say the same thing.

That's one thing I'm not sure I'll ever get. After I got this piercing, though, I considered it haha. Still, even if I DO get one, I know it'll be tiny, and years and years from now.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Here's some good info on aftercare for piercings.

http://www.newtribe.ca/piercings_aftercare.html

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I would get some sort of geeky programming reference for my first tattoo. <HELLO WORLD> or something along those lines.

Also, being religious, I have often though of getting "For I walk by faith and not by sight" tattoo'd on my feet, but I don't think that one is ever gonna happen.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You should totally get a barcode at the base of your neck! OH MAN EVERYONE WILL FREAK OUT!

... My old friends were so stupid.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You should make young friends instead.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Spoiler'd for CamWhoreness.
    woohoo!

Helix.jpg

Yes it's sepia tone because the "natural" shot in Photobooth looked like I was a blue corpse okay

And my camera is out of the batteries, and is a horrible camera, especially in low light

That's why I had to fake the blur, ha

Why am I talking like mully

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All of you damn girls are so damn pretty what the fuck

why can't I be pretty

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The hair wrap feels out of place... but I dont see any signs of infection on the piercing. Are you gonna get a different ring or sticking with the one with the little ball on it?
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaayuum Girl! I thought you were pretty before, but when you tie your hair back you're like...nauseatingly fine. Put the hair back down! I can't take it...
    why can't I be pretty

We are all beautiful on the inside.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Anyone know of a way to play two playlists simultaneously? I'm trying to play the two sets of Aphex Twin's Drukqs, and the timing is off across two media players.

Tam on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

What!
    I was going to say ND's cleaning was not often enough, but this is absurd. Don't touch it unless your hands are clean for eight weeks?

My piercer said clean it twice a day for six weeks. I use peroxide, and then before bed I put a neosporin/disinfectant type of stuff on them. I touch them all the time though (they collect crusty stuff on them over the day).

So I might just be really irresponsible and end up with an infection. Lets hope not!

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »

What!
    I was going to say ND's cleaning was not often enough, but this is absurd. Don't touch it unless your hands are clean for eight weeks?

My piercer said clean it twice a day for six weeks. I use peroxide, and then before bed I put a neosporin/disinfectant type of stuff on them. I touch them all the time though (they collect crusty stuff on them over the day).

So I might just be really irresponsible and end up with an infection. Lets hope not!

I think you may've misunderstood. The salt-water solution helps to clean the piercing, too. The antibacterial Dial soap is in addition to the salt-soakings, and the piercing getting cleaned in the shower. The salt solution is to be done for 3-5 minutes, 2-10 times a day (I was told the more often I do the salt soak, the faster the piercing will heal).

You're really not supposed to use neosporin, I heard. It's petroleum-based, and doesn't let the piercing "breathe". Peroxide and alcohol are also no-no's because they're much too harsh, and may actually damage the tissue more than repair it (I have used these for the first time I ever got an ear piercing, but now I know better. :P )

Aaaaaand you're not supposed to touch them that often, either. The crusties are lymph, and if you want to get rid of them, it's suggested you let them soak a bit first (maybe in the shower) and then gently remove them with a Q-tip.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    UPS driver surpasses 1 million miles in his truck

Okay, so it went through three engines...but still, holy crap.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hahah Nightdragon, you're a deadringer for a girl at my school.

First Megamau and now NightDragon. It's like a mini Gangbunch over here.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Hahah Nightdragon, you're a deadringer for a girl at my school.

First Megamau and now NightDragon. It's like a mini Gangbunch over here.

What? Since when have I posted crazy sex stories and written completely incoherent sentences? And posted art on a somewhat regular basis...

I wonder where he wandered off to, speaking of. He was fun to have around! And made some really nice artstuffs.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mega was the shit, and easily my favorite forumer over there.

Last I heard, Mega finally got a job as a concept artists, so that might explain why he never posts. The guy at my school already had a job at a concept art/comic book studio, but lost it when the company went belly up.

It's really a shame, because he sure knows his stuff.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Hey AC how was your day?

My day was good!

I got dismissed from my jury summons! And I had some good ice cream! (they accidentally gave me a strawberry shortcake instead of the strawberry and cream I asked for, but fuck it! I didn't pay for it!)

Yay!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hey AC how was your day?

My day was good!

I got dismissed from my jury summons! And I had some good ice cream! (they accidentally gave me a strawberry shortcake instead of the strawberry and cream I asked for, but fuck it! I didn't pay for it!)

Yay!

I uh, I finished reading The Science of Discworld. That was pretty cool.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys, did you know that they're releasing a Watchmen DVD to go along with the release of the movie? It's an animated version of the Sea Captain that went crazy and killed his family after getting shipwrecked on an island.

I know this because the man in charge of the character design is from MtM, and he visited the school today! He works at a studio called House of Cool, which I think he owns.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Neat!

And also that's cool that they're doing that Sea Captain thing, because it means that largely irrelevant junk won't be in the actual movie!

Also guys if you need some 'epic movie trailer style with choirs and shit' music you should get Trailerhead by Immediate, because Immediate is a company that just does movie trailer music as far as I can tell, including the song that was in the SpiderMan 2 trailer (I didn't actually remember what that sounded like but whatever!), but in any case that song has an even more ridiculous remix called Preliator by Globus (same company? different? I dunno!) that pretty much is the music you want to play if for any reason you have to go punch out Zeus.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Neat!

And also that's cool that they're doing that Sea Captain thing, because it means that largely irrelevant junk won't be in the actual movie!

Also guys if you need some 'epic movie trailer style with choirs and shit' music you should get Trailerhead by Immediate, because Immediate is a company that just does movie trailer music as far as I can tell, including the song that was in the SpiderMan 2 trailer (I didn't actually remember what that sounded like but whatever!), but in any case that song has an even more ridiculous remix called Preliator by Globus (same company? different? I dunno!) that pretty much is the music you want to play if for any reason you have to go punch out Zeus.

Don't they usually just sub O Fortuna in on short notice?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, yeah, but this stuff is for when trailer editors want people to go, "Is this O Fortuna? Hey, it's not for once! :o" It's like, 15 O Fortunas back to back, and that ain't a bad thing.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, yeah, but this stuff is for when trailer editors want people to go, "Is this O Fortuna? Hey, it's not for once! :o" It's like, 15 O Fortunas back to back, and that ain't a bad thing.

I checked it out. Holy shit, those guys are just manufacturing epic trailer music. Clash of Titans was pretty great.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap, live :shock::
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYc0Unossc

Look at all them motherfuckers!

I don't know what the fuck is up with the wolf and the lead singer may be possessed and it doesn't sound as good as it should because it's youtube but still, shit.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.