As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Viking Invasion! - Night 6 - Bugs on the brain

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was suspicious of DevoutlyApathetic originally.

Still don't trust MGW since he helped crash the Van (granted I did too)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to go ahead with !The Lightbringer the only reason I hadn't flip flopped is simply for the same reasons pants b pointed out.D:
    Retracting Devoutly Suspicious

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Lightbringer Teach you to vote for me just because I'm weird.
    I'm seven times seventy,
    Plus a decade more.
    This has all happened before.
    Red and gold, I am no liar.
    My nursery will be made
    From my funeral pyre.
    It's hard to keep finding relevant ones

Zellpher on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zellpher wrote: »
    I'm seven times seventy,
    Plus a decade more.
    My nursery will be made
    From my funeral pyre.

What the phoenix is going on here?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm seven times seventy,
    Plus a decade more.
    My nursery will be made
    From my funeral pyre.

phoenix

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Geez, Zellpher was cutting it close today.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shamus stood in the war room with his lieutenants and Lord York, as well as the highest ranking Militiaman still living. They were feverishly trying to plot a retaliatory raid against the Viking suspects they had narrowed down, while at the same time attempting to determine how long the city could hold out without further English forces and no further sabotage by the Vikings.

“Sir, I believe my men could have these vile fiends strung up and quartered by the end of the night. I’ve already seen to it that TheLightbringer has been thrown into the dungeon, awaiting your approval for hanging.”

“Yes, but fighting these constant fires and keeping your men in fighting health is drastically depleting our reserves. How long will our well hold- I say, what are you doing?”

Two guards were straining, attempting to drag the huge body of Egos of Mercia into the hall. “Sorry sah, thought yew’d want to see this, finally got ‘im off the street sah.”

Shamus growled angrily. “Yes, I saw him die, what the hell did you bring him here for? get your hands off my friend fool! I won’t have you idiots soiling my brethren!” He nodded to his lieutenant, who shoved the guards aside and hefted Egos’ body over his shoulder. Just then the two guards drew their swords, quickly running the lieutenant, Sheep Have Wool through.

“Ha! You English fools are never short of stupid are you?” While one of the Viking infiltrators proceeded to fend off the guards the other charged straight for Lord York. Just as he was about to strike, El Skid appeared in a puff of smoke, right in front of the lunging Viking’s sword. As the blade plunged into his chest he chuckled to himself.

“I did it, I saved him!” said the magician, as he disappeared, dying, in another puff of smoke. The Viking stood amazed with his charge halted as Shamus and another Huscarl ran at him. Just as they were about to strike he too vanished in a puff of smoke, and Shamus found himself right in the path of his comrade’s polearm, which severed his head before anyone could react. The other Viking threw the guards to the ground and seeing the strange scene in front of him laughed once again, bowed, and leapt from the nearest window. Lord York sprinted to it, only to see the Viking running along the Keep rooftops, then disappearing into the city.

Dead:
    TheLightbringer – Jailed
    Shamus Huscarl – Dead by Huscarl
    Sheep Have Wool – Huscarl – Dead by Viking
    El Skid – Warlock – Dead by Viking

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Son of a bitch.

I know who is the Huscarl mole. I'll deal with him personally, so militia/guardians, please cover me.

We're still good if we can take back control of the Huscarl kill for our village.

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    shamus had contingency plans i assume

so we're not screwed

right?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Son of a bitch.

I know who is the Huscarl mole. I'll deal with him personally, so militia/guardians, please cover me.

We're still good if we can take back control of the Huscarl kill for our village.

So does everyone else who was f5ing after the narration

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Son of a bitch.

So does everyone else who was f5ing after the narration

I was clicking the refresh button.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Son of a bitch.

Seriously.

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Then obviously you could not have seen it. I specifically stated the f5ing. Simply hitting refresh would have proved futile. Also these are the sneakiest vikings I have ever heard of. Shouldn't they all just be vig's or something slightly more...viking like?

Zellpher on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I'm not usually one to rain on anybody's parade, but if Shamus wanted us to trust MGW, which I'm going to assume was like his last will and testament by voting for Lightbringer, doesn't that also mean there was a viking jailer. I can't see any reason why the jailer would let you out the same day unless he already KNEW what your allegiances were, and that sounds a lot like being in an evil network. I'm not gonna cast a vote yet, because I'm honestly not sure of what to believe, and I think you're one of the few people who may be able to come up with a good reason for everything, but coming back and then suddenly having shamus die is pretty damning.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Well, I'm not usually one to rain on anybody's parade, but if Shamus wanted us to trust MGW, which I'm going to assume was like his last will and testament by voting for Lightbringer, doesn't that also mean there was a viking jailer. I can't see any reason why the jailer would let you out the same day unless he already KNEW what your allegiances were, and that sounds a lot like being in an evil network. I'm not gonna cast a vote yet, because I'm honestly not sure of what to believe, and I think you're one of the few people who may be able to come up with a good reason for everything, but coming back and then suddenly having shamus die is pretty damning.

If I wanted Shamus dead, I would have gone through less obvious means.

Tonight, I'll use the Huscarl kill to show who the mole is. It's our best shot for victory.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, suggesting to do that instead of wasting the vote to prove nothing is probably one of the smartest things I've heard all game. Vig on.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also B:L was correct and I'll put this one up extra early to make up for the last one.
    On the battlefield I shudder
    Under thrust of mace and sword
    A crest emblazoned on my chest
    With pride I serve my lord.

Many battles I have seen
    On fields of grass and mud
    And though I'm scarred from fighting
    I've not shed a drop of blood.

What am I?

Zellpher on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    shamus had contingency plans i assume

so we're not screwed

right?

You're right. Get in contact with me, dammit.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Last remaining innocent according to whom?
    We shouldve stayed with !Devoutly Apathetic!

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    shield?

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    JoschuaESQ wrote: »
    shield?

Wrong.

It's clearly The Goltana Knight.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    FFtactics, a tear.
    Such a good game

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes. Shield. I think rend is acting funny. Actually, I think everyone is acting funny. The late game paranoia is setting in.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    JoschuaESQ wrote: »
    shield?

Wrong.

It's clearly The Goltana Knight.

Spredshete:

Black Lions - !thegai
    White Lions- !superawesomewinguys
    Dycedrag - !worldsbiggestpimpeverfosho

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright, guys. This is getting ridiculous, we need to freakin' pull it together.

Here's the deal guys. I was contacted by Niceguy Myeye yesterday. The message read simply: "I'm pretty sure you're evil. Why shouldn't I target you with a veteran kill tonight?"

After discussing it a bit with him, he told me "It's not exactly a one-shot thing, as we wanted people to believe. it's more complicated.

He claimed to be in the good network, Shamus seemed to trust him, when I asked him about it in PM.

I'll repeat that: Shamus seemed to trust him. And what happened to Shamus? Well, he's dead now, and hint? There _was_ no veteran kill last night. There were, however, two viking kills, _and_ a Huscarl kill on Shamus.

The tables have turned, and not in our favor. If we are to recover this, we must start immediately.

I feel retarded for not realizing this and saying something sooner, but I've been almost entirely uninformed, and I must have just been exhausted from work.

Niceguy Myeye, you've been caught red-handed. Veteran kill?

Sure. And the vikings are controlling the guardians too, that's why it didn't go through.

Have fun with that.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Geez, Zellpher was cutting it close today.

It is Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel I tell you! Not Zellpher! Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Rend wrote: »
    Alright, guys. This is getting ridiculous, we need to freakin' pull it together.

Here's the deal guys. I was contacted by Niceguy Myeye yesterday. The message read simply: "I'm pretty sure you're evil. Why shouldn't I target you with a veteran kill tonight?"

After discussing it a bit with him, he told me "It's not exactly a one-shot thing, as we wanted people to believe. it's more complicated.

He claimed to be in the good network, Shamus seemed to trust him, when I asked him about it in PM.

I'll repeat that: Shamus seemed to trust him. And what happened to Shamus? Well, he's dead now, and hint? There _was_ no veteran kill last night. There were, however, two viking kills, _and_ a Huscarl kill on Shamus.

The tables have turned, and not in our favor. If we are to recover this, we must start immediately.

I feel retarded for not realizing this and saying something sooner, but I've been almost entirely uninformed, and I must have just been exhausted from work.

Niceguy Myeye, you've been caught red-handed. Veteran kill?

Sure. And the vikings are controlling the guardians too, that's why it didn't go through.

Have fun with that.

Except that Niceguy's initial declared veteran kill went through.

Which makes you both stupid AND a viking.

Thanks for giving us a clear target, though.

!Rend

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Look, all I know is I was contacted, and conveniently enough, nothing happened.

If he's some shining, glorious example of goodness and anti-viking sentiment, how am I to know? All the crpa he tried to pull yesterday points him out to be nothing but evil. Has he been seered? Confirmed? What if he was a mole? How can you possibly know?

It's not _my_ fault I've been left completely in the dark the past day about Niceguy and his intentions. And you know what? Because of that, my vote stays _exactly_ where it is.

Rend on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll clear Niceguy because I am one of the veteran. He was able to match up our PMs. We were not networked so I doubt there was a mole. If any other vet wants to come out to me I can help guide your sword.

People may doubt me, but I did kill Obbi. And Shamus gave me his name.
    Shamus wrote:
    Toxic Toys wrote:
    OK, I'm going to take out Obbi.

I just have a gut feeling about him.

Sounds good. Hopefully, we get something out of this.

That was the PM the night Obbi died as we planed to spread out our kills.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I'll clear Niceguy because I am one of the veteran. He was able to match up our PMs. We were not networked so I doubt there was a mole. If any other vet wants to come out to me I can help guide your sword.

Shamus wrote:
    Toxic Toys wrote:

Do you know how many veterans there were?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Shamus wrote:
    Toxic Toys wrote:

Should be enough to wrap things up nicely over the next evening or two.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Shamus wrote:
    Toxic Toys wrote:

At the start of the game, no. As I said we were not started networked.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Shamus wrote:
    Toxic Toys wrote:

Should be enough to wrap things up nicely over the next evening or two.

Good. We might pull a victory out of this yet.

I -really- hope you guys have some serious aces up your sleeves.

Regardless, toxic, how sure are you there was no mole in the veterans?

[EDIT] NM, beated.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Niceguy Myeye is off the hook this time, I suppose. Tip though, dude, if you're good, try not to look _THAT EVIL_.

Beside the matter, do we have any freakin' better ideas?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    !Guys, The Lightbringer and bliss 101 have claimed to be neutrals, Bliss is the Viking jailor and TLB claimed to be an Evil Villager, the fact that TLB put me in contact with Bliss proves that there is an evil jailor, and since Psycholarry is an evil bastard the days for the purpose of limited roles are

Wait, why didn't we kill the viking jailer again?

Unless someone said something that I didn't see (or ninja-deleted posts with votes in them *hint hint*), I don't see why we aren't dealing with this situation first and foremost.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OooooOo

Damn, I think I got too cocky at the end. Hopefully, I did enough. Good luck guys!

OooOoo

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    !Guys, The Lightbringer and bliss 101 have claimed to be neutrals, Bliss is the Viking jailor and TLB claimed to be an Evil Villager, the fact that TLB put me in contact with Bliss proves that there is an evil jailor, and since Psycholarry is an evil bastard the days for the purpose of limited roles are

Wait, why didn't we kill the viking jailer again?

Unless someone said something that I didn't see (or ninja-deleted posts with votes in them *hint hint*), I don't see why we aren't dealing with this situation first and foremost.

If you were paying attention you'd know that the corrupt jailer was already dealt with. It was Ryadic.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok, so, basically, there's two Huscarls left. Thelawinator. This is according to Shamus and one pm he sent me two nights ago.

Now, BL has been seered in jail or somthing.

That means The lawinator is the viking

!Vote Thelawinator

I was lying to you about having another kill, Rend. I would never kill you <3

I would lie to you, though. No, you butt does not look big in those pants.

Also, going to need protection.

I totally fucked up. I'm sorry I didn't think about not posting the other guy's name this before time. Real big mistake here.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    B:L said he's going to use the Huscarl kill to deal with the mole, that way his innocence is proved as well.

I'm working out who we're going to place the vote on right now. Get in touch with me if you have any questions.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OoooooooooooooooooooO

I was framed!

OoooooooooooooooooooO

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg