As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Official Civil War Discussion 2.0

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    While I haven't been able to read CW#4, I have heard enough about it to know...

[spoiler:58c3fc6f26]...that the F4 as we know it is over for the time being. Not sure if this is already well talked about into the ground here but according to a GameFAQs forum post, Mark Miller stated in an interview that post-CW, a new F4 would be put together with two old members and two new members. In an multiple-choice question simular to the IC teases in Wizard, this was what Miller supposedlly said on the new members situation in the interview.

"One of these four pairs of heroes will join the FF after Civil War. Which one will it be?

1. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

2. Human Galactus and Silver Surfer

3. Storm and the Black Panther

4. She-Hulk and Hawkeye"

Any thoughts?[/spoiler:58c3fc6f26]

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Owenashi wrote:

[spoiler:2481ea7ad7]...that the F4 as we know it is over for the time being. Not sure if this is already well talked about into the ground here but according to a GameFAQs forum post, Mark Miller stated in an interview that post-CW, a new F4 would be put together with two old members and two new members. In an multiple-choice question simular to the IC teases in Wizard, this was what Miller supposedlly said on the new members situation in the interview.

"One of these four pairs of heroes will join the FF after Civil War. Which one will it be?

4. She-Hulk and Hawkeye"

Any thoughts?[/spoiler:2481ea7ad7]
    [spoiler:2481ea7ad7]
    Storm and the Black Panther.[/spoiler:2481ea7ad7]

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    As long as it is not written by that hack Hudlin.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    As long as it is not written by that hack Hudlin.

Hey, I like Hudlin's run on BP so far.

Personally, I'm wondering who the two original F4 members are gonna be.
    [spoiler:a87aff012a]At this point, I'll say Sue and Johnny, due to the events in CW #4. Ben's emigrating and Reed's still doing his dick thing, so they're the logical choice, I think. For the other two members, I'd be fine with Luke and Jessica, but I don't see Jessica putting on a costume again, especially with that baby to raise.[/spoiler:a87aff012a]

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I'm 99% sure this guy is super-important and his identity won't be revealed until the final issue.

And then it'll turn out to be Thanos and everyone is so fucked

Um, I thought it was blatantly obvious that it was [spoiler:a47c7876ad]The Punisher[/spoiler:a47c7876ad]

Is there something I'm missing? I don't get why it's not obvious...

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Why would Punisher wear a mask?

Scooter on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Scooter wrote:

Yeah... that seems completely out of character for the Punisher. So, I think it's pretty obvious that it's not...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Scooter wrote:

Because he was doing some hardcore covert ops.
    I'm putting it out there. It's Frank.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Scooter wrote:

I dunno... honestly, I think it's Peter.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

Well I'm sure that when the next Civil War comes out we will find out.....................in a year.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

Well I'm sure that when the next Civil War comes out we will find out.....................in a year.

Don't say that. If you say that, it'll come true, and then I'll have to kill you.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    It's not delays. It's a bimonthly book now. That means it's technically on schedule.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You know, Hydra was making clones of the heroes about a year or so too.

Just sayin is all.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    As much as I'd love to see Hydra have a hand in this (if that is what you're inferring), I don't see it happening. Everyone involved with Civil War has said from the beginning that there's no supervillain conspiracy behind everything.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    The only alternative is to have the government be the bad guys. Not very likely at all. Marvel has lied-- repeatedly with press releases before. Also, the whole heroes vs the government/the real heroes are "terrorists/criminals" thing is really becoming overdone almost to the point of cliche now.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Guys, GUYS. Quit saying the "c" word, or the next big event after World War Hulk will be The Clone Saga. We really don't want that, do we?

[spoiler:a362634aba]Only if they clone the ladies, m i rite? The world needs more cloned Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Sue Richards, and Ororo Munroe :winky: [/spoiler:a362634aba]

wwtMask on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Guys, GUYS. Quit saying the "c" word, or the next big event after World War Hulk will be The Clone Saga. We really don't want that, do we?

[spoiler:9e96bb273b]Only if they clone the ladies, m i rite? The world needs more cloned Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Sue Richards, and Ororo Munroe :winky: [/spoiler:9e96bb273b]

I've I was a supervillain, that's what I'd do. And then retire.

Scooter on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Owenashi wrote:

[spoiler:4bb0212654]...that the F4 as we know it is over for the time being. Not sure if this is already well talked about into the ground here but according to a GameFAQs forum post, Mark Miller stated in an interview that post-CW, a new F4 would be put together with two old members and two new members. In an multiple-choice question simular to the IC teases in Wizard, this was what Miller supposedlly said on the new members situation in the interview.

4. She-Hulk and Hawkeye"

Any thoughts?[/spoiler:4bb0212654]

Those all fail, what they need is Doom. Yeah you heard me, Doom. As long as he doesn't set out to kill Reed, he could join for the soul purpose of ruining Reed's plan. Reed can have his own crappy 4 and then you get Ben, Sue, and Johnny to team up with Doom to bitchslap some sense into him.

That's what I want to see. I want Doom to finally score a victory over Reed and at the same time do something right that will blur the line further between whether he is truly a villain or not.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    As much as I'd love to see Hydra have a hand in this (if that is what you're inferring), I don't see it happening. Everyone involved with Civil War has said from the beginning that there's no supervillain conspiracy behind everything.

Have you read Wolverine:Civil War?
    They all but hit you over the head with the fact that this is a conspiracy.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Manifest wrote:

I didn't read yesterday's yet. I've still been hoping there's more to it than meets the eye.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Manifest wrote:

I didn't read yesterday's yet. I've still been hoping there's more to it than meets the eye.

I'm not talking about yesterday's (I haven't read it yet either), just the two before it. It's got all the hallmarks of a conspiracy, shadowy figures, vague phone calls, and a villain alluding to the heroes that there's more than meets the eye.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    To add to Reeds already dickish personality of late, he doesn't even respond or show emotions to Susans letter at the end.

Writers are doing a damn fine job making me hate Reed. At least we saw some incling of emotion from Tony at the end of this one...

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Good job Sue.

[spoiler:b057f84076]Franklin and Valeria will be so safe at home with their absentee, neglectful father.[/spoiler:b057f84076]

Maybe he'll send them to the Negative Zone.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Good job Sue.

[spoiler:ce211439c7]Franklin and Valeria will be so safe at home with their absentee, neglectful father.[/spoiler:ce211439c7]

That is where naughty kids who don't finish their broccoli go.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Good job Sue.

[spoiler:cc3fd7faea]Franklin and Valeria will be so safe at home with their absentee, neglectful father.[/spoiler:cc3fd7faea]

Maybe we'll get some Dr. Venture style parenting from him.

"Children, get in your education tubes!"
    "But where's Mommy..?"
    "Franklin, do you and your sister want to get hooked up to a machine powered by the souls of orphans?"
    "But we're not orphans Dad.."
    "Not yet."

Munch on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    So, Black Goliath. Balls the size of the moon, or balls the size of the sun?

[spoiler:b1be738624]Charging an ancient god isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'll be damned if it isn't brave[/spoiler:b1be738624]

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Owenashi wrote:

[spoiler:6cd2e45e0f]...that the F4 as we know it is over for the time being. Not sure if this is already well talked about into the ground here but according to a GameFAQs forum post, Mark Miller stated in an interview that post-CW, a new F4 would be put together with two old members and two new members. In an multiple-choice question simular to the IC teases in Wizard, this was what Miller supposedlly said on the new members situation in the interview.

4. She-Hulk and Hawkeye"

Any thoughts?[/spoiler:6cd2e45e0f]

[spoiler:6cd2e45e0f]It said TWO old members, right? Well, She-Hulk is technically an old member...[/spoiler:6cd2e45e0f]

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Charmy wrote:

[spoiler:25f7d26a88]Charging an ancient god isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'll be damned if it isn't brave[/spoiler:25f7d26a88]

That was an awesome line though...

[spoiler:25f7d26a88] Get ready for the shortest comeback in history...[/spoiler:25f7d26a88]

If you're gonna go out, go out with a line like that...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Charmy wrote:

[spoiler:b7e58d9529]Charging an ancient god isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'll be damned if it isn't brave[/spoiler:b7e58d9529]

[spoiler:b7e58d9529]
    He didn't realize that Thor didn't receive the memo about not ruining people's shit for real. No one was really all like "oh noes Thor is gonna p0wn us" till AFTER he blew a hole in Goliath's chest.[/spoiler:b7e58d9529]

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

[spoiler:6bf8ea4186]Charging an ancient god isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'll be damned if it isn't brave[/spoiler:6bf8ea4186]

[spoiler:6bf8ea4186] Get ready for the shortest comeback in history...[/spoiler:6bf8ea4186]

I found it somewhat ironic, considering the speaker.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

[spoiler:ec3629e7fc]Charging an ancient god isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'll be damned if it isn't brave[/spoiler:ec3629e7fc]

[spoiler:ec3629e7fc] Get ready for the shortest comeback in history...[/spoiler:ec3629e7fc]

I found it somewhat ironic, considering the speaker.

I never thought of that... but it ups the awesomeness 10-fold. Giving it a hilarious twist of irony.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Good job Sue.

[spoiler:372ac4a3be]Franklin and Valeria will be so safe at home with their absentee, neglectful father.[/spoiler:372ac4a3be]

I always thought Annihilus would make a swell nanny.

ecczi. on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    My main problem with this whole series is that the pro-reg side has a bunch of really good freaking points, and yet they're all being presented as fascist psychopaths.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Mostly because their main point, every superhero has to work for shield, is facist.

I'm not a fan of how Captain America was presented in #4 at the end.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Mostly because their main point, every superhero has to work for shield, is facist.
    But in the real world, don't you want the people enforcing the law to actually work for the government?

Like, you know, police?
    I'm not a fan of how Captain America was presented in #4 at the end.
    I was actually really happy to see that, because at least it meant they were spreading the dickery around a little.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    But in the real world, don't you want the people enforcing the law to actually work for the government?

Like, you know, police?

Difference being everyone with superpowers doesn't use their powers, but they would have to register and work for shield anyway. Also, shield isn't the police, they're a UN-sanctioned military force.

They can use the super-powered people who register in any way they want.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:
    My main problem with this whole series is that the pro-reg side has a bunch of really good freaking points, and yet they're all being presented as fascist psychopaths.

How do you feel about gun-control? Some people feel that the government should give its citizens plenty of freedom, other people feel that government should regulate these freedoms. It is a complex issue.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I still find Tony to be sympathetic. And Pym. Reed, absolutely not, but that's less a function of the SHRA and more one of him being a terrible husband and father.

The issue for me has always been that while registration has some good points to it, the Act as presented has some very bad ones, and they should not be ignored just because of the benefits.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:

How do you feel about gun-control? Some people feel that the government should give its citizens plenty of freedom, other people feel that government should regulate these freedoms. It is a complex issue.
    Which is why it's sad that one side of Civil War is clearly being portrayed as overtly villainous.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Htown wrote:
    Htown wrote:

Which is why it's sad that one side of Civil War is clearly being portrayed as overtly villainous.

Actually both sides are being portrayed as overtly villainous. The Pro's are only doing this because the regular human politicians are trying to cover up their own failings and corruption by diverting attention, while the so called heroes on the Pro side are now [spoiler:5ae033eb2a]cloning heroes to be used as tools/weapons[/spoiler:5ae033eb2a] and killing and savagely assaulting other heroes.

The Anti's are clearly and blatantly violating the act which if you're a "follow the letter of the law and not the spirit of it" makes them seem disloyal. At the same time the Anti's very reason to do this is because laws that are absolute are unjust, and this particular law goes against the founding principles and the very spirit of what America stands for.

So yeah, both are overtly evil in the other's eyes, but the Pro's have already chalked up some violations against basic fundamental human rights and they have a dead body to account for. The Anti's try to just carry on as usual while on the run and make it a point to try not to even hurt their former friends, let alone kill them.

If the Anti's were the one's employing certifiable lunatic super villains and trying to kill every Pro hero they come across, I might be inclined to not wish people like Stark, Richards and Pym to be killed by one of thier own devices that they intend to use to enslave the Anti's.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.