As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

mySQL error suddenly

YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I run a small forum for my friends and I to post news stories, plan lans etc that i've been running for a few years. Tonight, out of the blue I started receiving this message when I visit the site.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Access denied for user 'lanforum'@'halfgeek.org' (using password: YES) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

First, I have never heard of halfgeek.org and going to the site just shows a temp page of some company. I thought it was something to do with my config.php file but that looks okay. Nothing has changed on the site. It worked late this afternoon, but stopped this weekend.

Any ideas?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
YourFatAuntSusan on

• Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Check out the user/password you're trying to connect to the database with. That's what would generate that message. If the site or database isn't hosted at halfgeek.org, then that's a bit odd. It's conceivable that someone accessed your site and changed things. If your database is hosted from some other site it's possible the owner there changed/reset your password, so you should contact them as well.

Daenris on