As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Skrulls? More like Cannon Fodder.

MAD!MAD! Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Graphic Violence
I have a question, I don't know whether it has been addressed or not but why does it seem these "superskrulls" are so much weaker than the originals.
Example: When the sleeper agents take the place of Spiderman or Beast or Jean Grey for all intents and purposes they ARE these characters. They have the same powers and memories (slightly altered).
Then we have a character like "(Skrull) Beast" who has been an Avenger, X-man etc lived through years of battles, in memory anyway, gets gunned down in a 2 panel fight. Along with (Skrull) Jean Grey for cripes sake! Spidey (Skrull) get trampled by a T-Rex! WTF!

All these SUPER Skrulls seem to have glass jaws and get killed in no time flat while only managing to take out a few nobody type characters.

Can anyone explain, give more examples to prove my point OR refute the claims?

MAD! on

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Because comic books

Me Too! on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's ... magic?

(This time it actually IS, see! Pleasedonthurtme)

Wildcat on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Isn't it logical? These are imitations of powers, not necessarily the powers themselves. For example, tapping into the Phoenix force isn't an option, so their Jean Grey just has to imitate it through normal TK.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We have a Secret Invasion thread and a general questions thread.

This could have gone in either one.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MAD!MAD! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Isn't it logical? These are imitations of powers, not necessarily the powers themselves. For example, tapping into the Phoenix force isn't an option, so their Jean Grey just has to imitate it through normal TK.

That's fine, but Jean Grey has never fought a person with a Gun before? TK shield would have stopped those bullets just fine. Don't need the Phoenix force to avoid getting shot.

And an "imitation" of a Spider sense is still a Spider Sense. Imitation of heightened reflexes is still heightened reflexes. Enough to get outta the way of a Dino foot you would think anyway.

MAD! on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    We have a Secret Invasion thread and a general questions thread.

This could have gone in either one.

this is correct

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.