As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Daredevil: The Thread Without Fear

18910111214»

• Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So in Shadowland #3:
    Daredevil is really possessed by the Beast of the Hand, which is why he's all black-suit and killy. I'm kind of dissapointed though to be honest, I mean I'm glad he's not the one going off the deep end but I do admit when he killed Bullseye I was one of the ones that said, "about time".

I liked the fact that Daredevil was getting darker and that he wanted to mold the Hand into something greater, too bad it went so far off course for him though.
    Killing Bullseye was all Matt though. Everything up to that point was Matt, if I understand it correctly. It was only after killing that the beast took hold

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    CountBlackulaCountBlackula MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This "new Daredevil" stuff means nothing to me. None of this shit sticks in the continuity, so why should I buy this book? Before you write me off as a dumbass, just think about it. Comics are filled with these gimmick arcs that are just pushed along by whoever's writing them. After that, they just reboot (like some of you mentioned above). Popular characters don't die. They just get reborn half a year later with a shiny new costume.

I dig that there are some arcs (like Civil War and Secret Invasion) that actually stick. Awesome. But then you have stuff like World War Hulk. I have never seen any character in the Marvel universe walk up to another and say "Heyy, remember that time Hulk came back in battle armor and beat the shit out of EVERYONE?" Then again, I might be wrong.

I just fail to see why Diggle is bothering to do this, other than getting new readers to peek in and see Daredevil "die".

CountBlackula on
    8JHfoFW.png Dom's Sketch Cast
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So how far back do I need to start reading DD to fully appreciate Shadowland? Kevin Smith's run?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    So how far back do I need to start reading DD to fully appreciate Shadowland? Kevin Smith's run?

I'd say so, but I seriously doubt Smith had something like Shadowland in mind when he wrote the story. Technically the Bendis run starts the lead to Shadowland you could argue.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So that's what, like 5 years worth of singles?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The Bendis run lasted about 5 years yeah. Thankfully Marvel has released the first Bendis DD Ultimate collection with the other two out by November. They contain the entire run and are so worth getting.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The Bendis run lasted about 5 years yeah. Thankfully Marvel has released the first Bendis DD Ultimate collection with the other two out by November. They contain the entire run and are so worth getting.

I'm pretty sure that the entire Bendis and Brubaker runs are out now.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that the entire Bendis and Brubaker runs are out now.

Well yeah they are in multiple formats but I'd say the Ultimate collections are the best way to get the Bendis run. As for the Brubaker runs, I've heard both the omnibus's are nice but if all 7 trades are available that's probably the cheaper alternative.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This "new Daredevil" stuff means nothing to me. None of this shit sticks in the continuity, so why should I buy this book? Before you write me off as a dumbass, just think about it. Comics are filled with these gimmick arcs that are just pushed along by whoever's writing them. After that, they just reboot (like some of you mentioned above). Popular characters don't die. They just get reborn half a year later with a shiny new costume.

I dig that there are some arcs (like Civil War and Secret Invasion) that actually stick. Awesome. But then you have stuff like World War Hulk. I have never seen any character in the Marvel universe walk up to another and say "Heyy, remember that time Hulk came back in battle armor and beat the shit out of EVERYONE?" Then again, I might be wrong.

I just fail to see why Diggle is bothering to do this, other than getting new readers to peek in and see Daredevil "die".

apparently you don't see the point in stories.

maybe don't read comics.

Angry on