As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terrible things that turned out ok (Opposite of this thread)

A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in Social Entropy++
Oh lord. Ok, my wife has terrible taste in music, so she is watching the MTV VMAs.

However! They have Russell Brand hosting. (English guy, Forgetting Sara Marshall)

His opening monologue is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. He not only called Bush a "retarded cowboy fella" that "shouldn't be allowed to run with scissors", he implied that Madonna was fucked with a baseball bat.

Other highlights include a joke about genital piercing. He also just called the English monarchy " bunch of rich, inbred nitwits."

In of themselves these are not that funny. What makes it funny is the audiance full of teens and retarded celebrities sitting in deadly silence. It's so awkward you can almost taste it. It tates like unexpected joy. You can hear the assholes puckering all the way from the MTV executive offices.

So SE++. What things that you thought were going to be horrible turned out to be delightful?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
A Dabble Of Thelonius on

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah that sounds hilarious

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the war in iraq

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, I've never heard jokes like those around here. Hey, hey, he's English, lets make jokes about his teeth.

I'm sure that's fresh.

Pb on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh that Russell Brand, what will he say next.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    so how about black people

they're different from white people!

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    See Toss, what makes it funny is that their is nothing but dead silence from the crowd. It's awkward funny. Just like this thread.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well russell brand is quite funny

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    this thread

wait, no

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No thorgot. Thsi is a thread that you came into with high hopes, but look, it's terrible.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No thorgot. Thsi is a thread that you came into with high hopes, but look, it's terrible.

To be fair, I think a good portion of us knew the score when we clicked on it.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man I knew the score when I was typing it. I just plugged on ahead though. Hoping that you guys would turn it to gold. Copper even. Shiny bits of coal.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Come on man, Warhammer Beta and football today!

Come on!

Pb on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Football starts tomorrow night for me. When Green Bay beats the hell outta the Vikings.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tossrock wrote: »

Have you noticed that white people drive like this, but that black people drive like this?

Also Russell Brand is an unfunny soap dodger.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pb wrote: »

Come on!

How is Warhammer?

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BigDes wrote: »

Have you noticed that white people drive like this, but that black people drive like this?

Also Russell Brand is an unfunny soap dodger.

and man, latinos

they drive like this

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I worked my heart out all day over a hot stove for this post. This is how you repay me? Ingratitude I say. Wait until your father gets home.

Also, asians...They drive like that.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Earth Defense Force 2017.

I didn't think it'd be bad, but by all accounts it should've been terrible. Every aspect of the development was shoddy at best, loaded with horrid voice acting and engrish (Cancel? Execute or return!), baffling features (invert X axis?), terrible animation and interactions, low res sprites for items in game and high res in menu, single texture environments, and glitches everywhere.

Didn't stop EDF2017 from being one of the most fun and entertaining coop games ever created.

Polago on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Polago wrote: »

I didn't think it'd be bad, but by all accounts it should've been terrible. Every aspect of the development was shotty at best, loaded with horrid voice acting and engrish (Cancel? Execute or return!), baffling features (invert X axis?), terrible animation and interactions, low res sprites for items in game and high res in menu, single texture environments, and glitches everywhere.

Didn't stop EDF2017 from being one of the most fun and entertaining coop games ever created.
    (shoddy)

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Polago wrote: »

I didn't think it'd be bad, but by all accounts it should've been terrible. Every aspect of the development was shotty at best, loaded with horrid voice acting and engrish (Cancel? Execute or return!), baffling features (invert X axis?), terrible animation and interactions, low res sprites for items in game and high res in menu, single texture environments, and glitches everywhere.

(shoddy)

Edited just for you!

Polago on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Russell Brand - Ponderland

This is his show, it is special

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    webber wrote: »
    Pb wrote: »

Come on!

How is Warhammer?

Good, when I don't get lagged off the server.

Pb on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    i gotta see that sarah marshall movie...

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's good. You know a lot more about Jason Seagal afterwards too. Several inches more.

He shows his penis.

Quite a bit.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg