As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox 360] CoD 4 - Saturday 10 PM EST - It's on bitches.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I guess you pretty much can't play any video games involving guns or violence

except maybe Halo

Your statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

basically what i'm saying is that if Mercs glorifies mercenaries, then GTA glorifies mob violence and interracial violence, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction glorifies random property destruction, and so on.

Mercs is a ludicrous game that has no "message" about reality.

Um, no. If you ever watched the ads for the first Mercenaries game, you'd see the problem.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I guess you pretty much can't play any video games involving guns or violence

except maybe Halo

basically what i'm saying is that if Mercs glorifies mercenaries, then GTA glorifies mob violence and interracial violence, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction glorifies random property destruction, and so on.

Um, no. If you ever watched the ads for the first Mercenaries game, you'd see the problem.

link? I am curious.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am pleased be to playing for 360 with D&D happy fun time!

AresProphet - AresProphet

Up for Gears, Halo 3, or CoD4.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

except maybe Halo

link? I am curious.

Here you go.

Perhaps my attitude is somewhat irrational, but after seeing the damage Blackwater has done, I don't think so.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

except maybe Halo

I've been waiting for you to write something about the game that would allow me to respond with "Oh no you didn't!" but you haven't. I still wanted everyone to know about my humorous idea, though.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    ClickForthClickForth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lll

ClickForth on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

except maybe Halo

link? I am curious.

Here you go.

Perhaps my attitude is somewhat irrational, but after seeing the damage Blackwater has done, I don't think so.

I don't know man, that ad is entirely ludicrous and has no message about mercenaries in general. I wouldn't even say it's glorifying mercs; in fact it's almost making fun of them. "Look at these crazy bastards who use far too many explosives! Won't this be fun to play? Blowing shit up is awesome!" I don't see it having any bearing on Blackwater and their ilk, or even evincing attitudes about mercenaries in real life on the part of the writers or designers.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh Phil Lamarr, is there any black guy voice that you don't do...?

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sign me up, handle: Alpha Night

Halo 3 or CoD4. No GoW...for a while...stupid Force Unleashed and Fallout 3 takin all mah munnies.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    seriously, he does every friggin' black guy

if you want to blow your mind, watch the episode of static shock with the justice league.

dude is talkin' to himself in the blackest voices ever

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm incredibly sad that none of the D&D crowd wish to rock it out. Besides MikeMan, of course, but it will take more than two to bring the rock down on G&T and SE++.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm incredibly sad that none of the D&D crowd wish to rock it out. Besides MikeMan, of course, but it will take more than two to bring the rock down on G&T and SE++.

i play expert level on every instrument but i've really lost interest in the game since i got a real drum set.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

i play expert level on every instrument but i've really lost interest in the game since i got a real drum set.

You should have waited for the Ion set, and killed two birds with one stone.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You should have waited for the Ion set, and killed two birds with one stone.

not gonna lie, i considered it.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm totally for some Rockband.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm really only good at Bass in Rock Band.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So anybody up for some games now? I've got a couple hours spare right now.

Leitner on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    At such time as I ever get enough cash to get a 360 (I know the price just dropped, it's still a luxury way down on my list) and to reactivate my Live account, you will find me under Tofystedeth

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Organichu is dodging me! He won't play me in Madden!

Stop ducking me!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Normally I would offer to play drums at this point, but I think I may have to stop playing Rock Band because it glorifies materialism and unoriginality.

Bama on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    lol... my cable is still being shipped!

I'll consider playing you. I honestly don't like recreational games but since the gauntlet has been thrown down a brawl may be in order.

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Organichu on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2008
    gt: Wyrmslayre

I barely show up for games with my own community, so it would take an amazing alignment of time and whatnot to join in... but I would love to game with you folks.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thread title has changed, game and time is chosen. If a shitload of people show up, then we'll just do 2 games - but I think a nice 8v8 would go over well. You can expect a post from me about gametime, doing a fast headcount.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    iTunesIsEvil - VolatileSolvent

Yay, CoD4. I've got GTAIV, and some sports stuff (Tiger Woods 08-09, NCAA 08), but no GoW yet, and no Halo anything.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    lol... my cable is still being shipped!

I'll consider playing you. I honestly don't like recreational games but since the gauntlet has been thrown down a brawl may be in order.

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

I'm just picturing Cartman running around going "NERD FIGHT!" like he did for "CRIPPLE FIGHTER" and "RACE WAR!"

I sent you a friend request on XBL last night though.
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    Thread title has changed, game and time is chosen. If a shitload of people show up, then we'll just do 2 games - but I think a nice 8v8 would go over well. You can expect a post from me about gametime, doing a fast headcount.

And you. You left me out the damn OP! I feel so insignificant now. JustinSane07, like I already posted once.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

And you. You left me out the damn OP! I feel so insignificant now. JustinSane07, like I already posted once.

Yeah, well, your kind isn't welcome here.
    <3

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Should I put Tofystedeth in lime to get my name added. Not that I'll be on Live in the next few months, but still, it's nice to be noticed you know?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I honestly don't like recreational games

what

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008

what

Er, of Madden. I'm kind of burned out learning the new '09 dynamics.

I love recreational shooting of Nazis and all.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

what

Er, of Madden. I'm kind of burned out learning the new '09 dynamics.

I love recreational shooting of Nazis and all.

ohhhh

carry on.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You all would pick a game that I don't have...

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll probably be in at 11:00, damn not getting off work until 6:00 pst.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Senj360

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Normally I would offer to play drums at this point, but I think I may have to stop playing Rock Band because it glorifies materialism and unoriginality.

While I won't disagree, this seems a silly reason to stop playing a game if you still find the game enjoyable. Barring standouts like Braid, every game glorifies materialism and most are pretty unoriginal to boot.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »

While I won't disagree, this seems a silly reason to stop playing a game if you still find the game enjoyable. Barring standouts like Braid, every game glorifies materialism and most are pretty unoriginal to boot.
    I was just spoofing the poster that wouldn't play Mercenaries games. I'm gonna be playing the shit out of RB/RB2 in the near future.

Bama on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Honk - HONKALOT. Prepare to die!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I keep hearing this. I guess I'll have to give that game another shot. I downloaded the trial and the trial for Castle Crashers to figure out which one to buy. While playing Braid, I thought "Man, what's with all this reading? Castle Crashers it is!!"

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We need to get a D&D band together for online world tour. The Logical Fallacies, I'm thinking.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    We need to get a D&D band together for online world tour. The Logical Fallacies, I'm thinking.
    Dibs on "post hoc ergo propter hoc."

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I was thinking "Captain Proctonaught and the Ass Brigade."

3lwap0 on