Options

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aumni Inmua

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Melee DPS thread has appeared.
    Why no love for the Ranged DPS? :'(

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Umarth CocaColaTM

(I go for the sponsorships)

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Any word on what time Mythic is going to let regular preorders in tomorrow?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm not a Mouth. I just took too many pain relievers and, after watching two full seasons of Good Eats, decided to post the worst guild application I've ever created.

I suppose I'll redo it after work and resubmit.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Something I noticed, but I'm sure some don't know:

All of your non-Core abilities will stop levelling at level 25. The Mastery points you place in each tree add 1 level to the associated abilities per Mastery point. This is how mastery works, if you wanted to know. You only get 25 points to spend on the Masteries and the purchasable abilities, tactics, or rank 4 Morales. You can gain 5 more by increasing your Reknown Rank past 40.

I hope this helps some people figure out the system. I was kind of concerned that it wasn't quantified. I can see alot of people looking hard at Mastery calculators to determine if the X damage for these abilities and Y passive skill are worth another tactic or that tasty rank 4 Morale.

Edit: Alton Brown is the best!

Toothy on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toothy wrote: »

All of your non-Core abilities will stop levelling at level 25. The Mastery points you place in each tree add 1 level to the associated abilities per Mastery point. This is how mastery works, if you wanted to know. You only get 25 points to spend on the Masteries and the purchasable abilities, tactics, or rank 4 Morales. You can gain 5 more by increasing your Reknown Rank past 40.

I hope this helps some people figure out the system. I was kind of concerned that it wasn't quantified. I can see alot of people looking hard at Mastery calculators to determine if the X damage for these abilities and Y passive skill are worth another tactic or that tasty rank 4 Morale.

so you can get 30 total mastery points? that means you could top out two trees. You just wouldn't be able to get any of the skill in the trees if you did that.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what archetypes are needed for t6m and candies? I found many of the classes fun, so I can pick easily pick something more useful in the grand scheme of things. From all the "HELP ME CHOOSE" posts, a lot of people are in the same boat.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TSM is apparently woefully lacking any and all DPS.

Oats on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hazywater wrote: »
    So what archetypes are needed for t6m and candies? I found many of the classes fun, so I can pick easily pick something more useful in the grand scheme of things. From all the "HELP ME CHOOSE" posts, a lot of people are in the same boat.

Anything but tanks, really; especially MDPS.

http://www.wardb.com/guild.aspx?id=1012

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've got a witch elf alt I could bring in. Rochelle wants to play order tonight though so it might be a few days.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

According to our preliminary polling, we follow the trend of not having that many DPS classes.

We appear to have a Sigmar-load of healers. Which makes me happy.

Of course, I still don't get healed half the time. But I think that's because I'm a swordmaster, and don't LOOK like a tank.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I have yet to play at all, tomorrow will be my first time playing. But I'm down to roll a Marauder, so long as TSM lets me have an alt Blorc or Chosen. I go by Neinhalt on the TSM boards.

Hope that helps, Morsk.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Morsk, you only have 3 magi in the guild.

Oats on
  • Options
    TuesdayTuesday Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

The Candymancers are actually running pretty light on tanks right now, but like Darke notes have a metric ton of healers.

Tuesday on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

Thats handy.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man I hope the SE headstart opens up early

I made a black orc again before OB ended after trying other classes to around 8, just to make sure I have something I really wanted to main.

and that is the squig herder, they are just too much fun

can't wait

also, thanks hillean for holding those names for me.

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    RabidTreeMonkeyRabidTreeMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

so you can get 30 total mastery points? that means you could top out two trees. You just wouldn't be able to get any of the skill in the trees if you did that.

Anyone, please, is this correct that we eventually get 30 Mastery Points? For those of us who can't play yet, this totally changes our theorycrafting.

RabidTreeMonkey on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Honestly, we still kick ass; at the moment, I think people should roll what they think is fun.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Anyone, please, is this correct that we eventually get 30 Mastery Points? For those of us who can't play yet, this totally changes our theorycrafting.

Ugh. I hate that word.

Second, don't plan on getting your 30th point for quite some time. Not until well after forty. You get it for hitting Renown Rank 80. The 5 points come from 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, none of which will be easy feats.

Oats on
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CM actually has a pretty nice balance right now, though we really could use some more tanks.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    people really arent liking magus this time around

we only have 3, 2 around level 5 and 1 who is an alt.

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    RabidTreeMonkeyRabidTreeMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    Ugh. I hate that word.

Second, don't plan on getting your 30th point for quite some time. Not until well after forty. You get it for hitting Renown Rank 80. The 5 points come from 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, none of which will be easy feats.
    Well when you're bored and can't yet play the game, looking at career builders helps ease the anxiousness :wink: Thanks for the reply.

RabidTreeMonkey on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Ugh. I hate that word.

Wasn't someone saying it was something like two years before people reached the equivalent RR in DAoC a few pages back?

Tuesday on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kotaku:
    The “Head Start” program offers players early access to the game and a chance to join the Realm War before the servers officially go live on September 18th. Players that have pre-ordered the standard edition of the game will be granted “Head Start” access on Tuesday, September 16th at 7am EDT. The lucky fans who pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition will be able to log in even earlier and begin play on Sunday, September 14th at 7am EDT.

http://kotaku.com/5047507/warhammer-onlines-head-start-dates-revealed

Looks like I'll be staying up late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Edit: Err well even though this is a week old, should still be good to go by. Hopefully. :P

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hope not. This game seems to encourage alt-itis.

Toothy on
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll have a magus in TSM. I just need to get my shaman back to t2

narv107 on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    tehkensai wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Akira wrote: »
    tehkensai wrote: »
    hey, one thing I completely forgot about. In DAOC you could get a last name for your character at Level 10...is anything like this in WAR at all..? Just a stupid fluff thing that I loved.

Yeah at level 20 you can pick a last name in your faction's main city.

WHAT? That's awesome, I had no idea you could get a last name in this. I'll have to rethink some of my name choices if I can actually pick a last name.

Yeah, its a really cool flavor thing that a lot of games overlook. i always loved having it in DAOC.

And of course, you had some hilarious combinations of horrible/awesome names. Such as Smoky ZeWeed.

ah hell yeah

i loved that back in EQ

all looking forward to 20 so much

also i guess i won't be playin with the 'mouths

friggin friends

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tuesday wrote: »

Ugh. I hate that word.

Wasn't someone saying it was something like two years before people reached the equivalent RR in DAoC a few pages back?

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. You had to RVR an absolute ton to even get close to that point, too.

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Query: is there an option to show/not show certain armor pieces? Cloak, helm, etc. I tend to prefer a bareheaded character.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Helm yes. Click the item on your paper doll, and a little icon that I cannot remember should appear. Click it.

Maybe. I could be hallucinating. Or just wrong.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes, it works. Some say it's self-only, and story is that it undoes itself every time you zone, but it's there.

Tuesday on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, the guild is already up to 90? Do we need to start thinking up a second guild name?

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What's the max number of people that can be in a guild?

Babble on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kagnaros wrote: »
    Kotaku:
    The “Head Start” program offers players early access to the game and a chance to join the Realm War before the servers officially go live on September 18th. Players that have pre-ordered the standard edition of the game will be granted “Head Start” access on Tuesday, September 16th at 7am EDT. The lucky fans who pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition will be able to log in even earlier and begin play on Sunday, September 14th at 7am EDT.

http://kotaku.com/5047507/warhammer-onlines-head-start-dates-revealed

Looks like I'll be staying up late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Edit: Err well even though this is a week old, should still be good to go by. Hopefully. :P

The problem is they changed the CE headstart to 12pm, soooo...

admanb on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    From what Mark Jacobs posted on Saturday night, there were still a few last minute bug fixes they needed to get in before the servers officially went live. That shouldn't be the case tomorrow.

At least, I hope not, since I'm waking up at 5am to walk my dog, and once that's done, I'm just going to be sitting at my computer, waiting.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    From what Mark Jacobs posted on Saturday night, there were still a few last minute bug fixes they needed to get in before the servers officially went live. That shouldn't be the case tomorrow.

At least, I hope not, since I'm waking up at 5am to walk my dog, and once that's done, I'm just going to be sitting at my computer, waiting.

I will be waiting out the hours until I can play during the afternoon. :|

Babble on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Babble wrote: »
    What's the max number of people that can be in a guild?

400 I think.

It was only 100 in the open beta temporarily.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome, hopefully I'll be able to play my character for an hour or so before I have to head off.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait, it's 100 people only? Still? That kinda sucks. :( It'll be packed before I get in on Wednesday.

KiTA on
This discussion has been closed.