As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fonts in OpenOffice? Kinda urgent.

LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, Im running 2.4.1 and Im trying to add a font to my library so I can use it. Problem is I have no idea where I add them. Ive got a .ttf file from the download, but doing a search for those kinds of files didnt turn up anything in the openoffice folder. This is kinda urgent because the project Im working on is due tomorrow, I forgot about making it look better with fonts and now I cant figure it out.

Do I just need to use Word? If so, where do I add it there?

Lardalish on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You should be able to use fonts anywhere on your system by putting them in X:/Windows/Fonts

JAEF on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I put it in there but its not showing up in my list of fonts.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Works for me just fine in Vista. May need to restart in XP? Try just restarting OO first.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, if all else fails, right click on the *.ttf file and choose "Install Font"

Lord Homsar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Windows can be picky about certain fonts. If you open up X:\Windows\Fonts in XP there's a little Install Fonts button up top. Click it, choose the font file, and install. Then reboot your programs that use it and you should have the font.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!