Options

Maximals... MAXIMIZE!

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wait that's a trick question

Oh he's sculpting extra detail on the muscles there. I really need to see the old versions of the toys to see what all he's done. I still know I can paint like that though.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh I screwed up the question.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    trentsteel wrote: »
    wait that's a trick question

Oh he's sculpting extra detail on the muscles there. I really need to see the old versions of the toys to see what all he's done. I still know I can paint like that though.

Here's an example.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Sunstreakeruniverse2008toy.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/PunchCounterpunch.html

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Remember the McDonalds transformers that came in Happy Meals, 17 or so years ago?

I have some fond memories of that Milkshake Dinosaur.

mcdonaldstransformers.jpg

Those were some of the best Happy Meal toys ever. I think I still have a happy meal box dinosaur somewhere...
    Oh man I had these too
    The one I remember most clearly is the steak guy with the hat

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I had a happy meal that turned into a computer, but my favorite McDonalds toys were the Beast Wars toys. I had the Panther, the Manta, the Rhino, and TM Dinobot, Blackarachnia, and Scorponok.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I think I'll be satisfied with buying Animated toys once I get Wreck-Gar.

There are others I want, but nothing else I gotta have.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want purple Shockwave so badly. I saw the normal one at Target, but had to do my best to resist.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I got Smokescreen today! I was very scared that I was going to break his car doors, considering they were held very tight and were made of translucent plastic. Extremely complex to transform, and he unfortunately looks better with his shoulder mounted guns. I still love him for being Smokescreen, but I think I should have chosen Dinobot. Ah well, I know for a fact that I'm getting him in a few months.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah with that mold I usually find it easier to transform if you just take those doors off during the transformation then put them back on near when you're done.

I'd kind of like to get Smokescreen, but I already have two of that mold and with the recently raised prices I can't really justify getting a third repaint of that mold. Especially when I still need Inferno.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I still haven't seen Inferno anywhere.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I still haven't seen Sideswipe anywhere
    I hate living in this uncultured part of the savage north

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I still haven't seen Sideswipe anywhere
    I hate living in this uncultured part of the savage north

I saw Sideswipe at a nearby Khols in the kids section. Tons of old Universe and Animated toys.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OpJet.jpg

I hope for the actual combined toys they will look close to what this looks like it...looks like. Hopefully.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Him and Megs are pretty detailed looking for keychains.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I really don't want to re-buy my movie Leaders, but they looks so much more badass now. Who's the third one again, Jetfire?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    I really don't want to re-buy my movie Leaders, but they looks so much more badass now. Who's the third one again, Jetfire?

Fallen. Who some people think is Jetfire. Considering the writers said that Fallen is still one of the first 13 transformers, and still possesses near unlimited power, why would he stoop himself to allying with the Autobots?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So the Fallen is going to have a Voyager and a Leader too? damn.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't think that's a voyager class toy. The instructions had him packaged in robot mode.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh. Well, that's one less I'm going to buy. (Unless they actually do combine)

New Ironhide looks fuckawesome.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My brother noticed that Ironhide's missing an eye. I was surprised by that, considering he only had a scar in the movie over that eye.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    His whole face is lopsided, apparently. The red beret over his Autobot logo is pimp as shit.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wait, where did you see pics of the new Ironhide toy?

Does this one actually come close to having the proportions of the movie model?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't remember, but they had pics of the autobot twin's toys, too. (and a bunch of other stuff.) I'll try to find it.

Ironhide is just a re-tooled mold. His guns and face are more movie accurate, and he has a better paint job.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So they didn't fix the part where he has bloated, unwieldy feet and pathetically thin sticklike arms? And lacks the extremely broad shoulders of the movie version?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OpJet.jpg

I hope for the actual combined toys they will look close to what this looks like it...looks like. Hopefully.

Wow, that looks incredibly janky and terrible.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Does anyone else think Animated Optimus should have a jetpack?

Maybe it's from fooling around with his Voyager-class toy excessively, which has a giant axe that can be stored on the back as a jetpack, but I feel like Animated Optimus would do well with a jetpack where G1 Optimus wouldn't. Animated Optimus is young and daring, the kind of bot who would strap wings and a jet engine on his back. G1 Optimus is too stern and upright for something like that.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Harrier wrote: »

Maybe it's from fooling around with his Voyager-class toy excessively, which has a giant axe that can be stored on the back as a jetpack, but I feel like Animated Optimus would do well with a jetpack where G1 Optimus wouldn't. Animated Optimus is young and daring, the kind of bot who would strap wings and a jet engine on his back. G1 Optimus is too stern and upright for something like that.

One of the things they tend to be making a point of in this series is that Autobots can't fly. That's why the experiment of Jetfire/Jetstorm is a big deal.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The Geek wrote: »

One of the things they tend to be making a point of in this series is that Autobots can't fly. That's why the experiment of Jetfire/Jetstorm is a big deal.
    They can also be modified to fly, as Prowl was by Lockdown's trophies. I suppose it is still looked upon as unnatural, though.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hasbro did at least say that they'll start selling multiple trailers for Voyager Optimus.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    McCly wrote: »

Fallen. Who some people think is Jetfire. Considering the writers said that Fallen is still one of the first 13 transformers, and still possesses near unlimited power, why would he stoop himself to allying with the Autobots?

All I've heard is that Jetfire is going to be a Leader figure and we're hoping he'll actually combine with some Optimus mold but I dunno. And that Fallen figure is supposed to be a Voyager, and here's a video that says it's a Voyager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jktPAKVkhpY&eurl=http://tformers.com/transformers-5-minute-video-of-the-fallen-figure/10989/news.html&feature=player_embedded
    Harrier wrote:
    Wait, where did you see pics of the new Ironhide toy?

Like McCly said, he's just a "retooled" repaint of the original.
    The Geek wrote:
    Wow, that looks incredibly janky and terrible.

"Janky" maybe, but I like that particular spiky look for mechs, even though until the 07 movie Transformers has never gone in that direction.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've never liked the character designs for the movie transformers. They're just really ugly.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The new Leader-class Optimus is absolutely gorgeous, though. I'm still agog at how they got the wheels to move up to his thighs without somehow compromising the wheelbase of his vehicle mode.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, lot's of people don't. I mean hell, I prefer the Classics or Animated toy look anyway, but for a live action movie I just don't think those kind of designs would have went over nearly as well as the movie designs actually did.
    The new Leader-class Optimus is absolutely gorgeous, though. I'm still agog at how they got the wheels to move up to his thighs without somehow compromising the wheelbase of his vehicle mode.

Yeah, It's probably a good thing I never got the Premium Optimus or else I'd have 3 of the things lying around once this new one comes out. Two swords beats one sword any day.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Butwhy.gif
    ahahaha That sure is some Dinobot combiner.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, lot's of people don't. I mean hell, I prefer the Classics or Animated toy look anyway, but for a live action movie I just don't think those kind of designs would have went over nearly as well as the movie designs actually did.

I disagree with this statement.

Pretty strongly, in fact.

The movie designs are and always have been poop from a butt.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    but that statement isn't claiming that the movie designs are good

the movie designs are butt-ugly to the point of view of many long-time fans, who prefer our blockier, more solid, toyish robots, but I don't think those would have worked nearly as well on film as the lithe freakish alien things the live-action movie brought to the table

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was disagreeing with the opinion that more solid designs wouldn't work on film

they didn't have to be exact reproductions of G1 designs or anything, but the movie designs look barely functional

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It would still look really really odd for blocky robots to be running around in a live action setting though. There really isn't any way around it.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    man who remembers when this video was released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAakFokJXMg

I was so fucking excited

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Damn the writers for caring about realistic altmodes. At least Unicron's supposed to be in the third movie, as well as a triple changer. Also: Look at the comments for
    Jetfire with a cane, the Fallen on fire, pics of Insecticons, and wheels mc crusher staring at Optimus.

Antimatter on