The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A ROSE (Online) by any other name...

MKRMKR Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
I know what you're thinking. "Oh man not another free Korean MMORPG."

But ones that start out as P2P then go F2P tend to be a bit higher quality.

What does ROSE have?

Angry glowing pigs!

pigs.jpg

Scenery!

scenery.jpg

Mobs!

ants.jpg

And most importantly, silly hats.

hat.jpg

The graphic quality is low because I keep the settings down for leveling, which is why the last one looks so much better. It's not particularly demanding on resources. I just don't like hearing my laptop fan go at full speed all the time. :)

You can get ROSE here. Their forum isn't terrible.

If anyone knows of a good fansite, let me know and I'll link it.

Dealer->Bourgeois/Artisan

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Guide/jobinfo.asp

Shoots stuff, makes stuff, sells stuff.

Hawker->Scout/Raider

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Guide/jobinfo02.asp

Depending on which way you want to go, you can use bows, katars, and knuckle weapons.

Muse->Cleric/Mage

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Guide/jobinfo03.asp

Clerics heal, Mages destroy.

Soldier->Knight/Champion

http://www.roseonlinegame.com/Guide/jobinfo04.asp

Tanks and/or melee damage dealers.

You can get a skill that lets you ride around on stuff at level 50. From the looks of it, you have to build your ride (Carts and Airhips), and it's pricey.

Links:
Wiki
Guides

MKR on

Posts

  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I played ROSE waaaay back when, when it was originally F2P. It was all right. Horrible community, but that's to be expected of F2P games.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I played ROSE waaaay back when, when it was originally F2P. It was all right. Horrible community, but that's to be expected of F2P games.

    The community has been pretty good in the few days I've played. :P

    MKR on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want more info, are there classes? pvp? cash shop? crafting? wacky things you can ride on? :winky:

    Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    I want more info, are there classes? pvp? cash shop? crafting? wacky things you can ride on? :winky:

    Yes.

    edit: I'll poke around for information and update the OP in a little while.

    MKR on
  • omega71omega71 Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    I want more info, are there classes? pvp? cash shop? crafting? wacky things you can ride on? :winky:


    Yes, yes and yes..


    Classes are what is stated above in the OP, there is pvp but its only viable really at the higher levels and in certain areas of the game ie. straight up pvp zones within the maps. I believe there is an arena when you hit Junopolis and the other higher areas, but I havent experienced them yet, just the zones within the map that are world pvp.

    Crafting is kinda wonky as only Dealers can do the crafting, but...you can go to weapon merchant and upgrade your weapons, and armor without having to go to a Dealer to do that for you.

    At level 50 you can get a "mount" which you have a small but annoying questline to get, it requires a few parts and you just go to an npc merchant to get your putt putt cart. The cool thing is you can upgrade your cart as you level to make it actually fight in battle for one turn for you.


    Its really easy as all hell to level and get "gold" now up until around level 30, but you want to make sure you save EVERYTHING you pick up, and pick up EVERYTHING..Seriously I cannot stress this enough if you want to make enough money to even remotley afford anything. There are player shops littered in the streets of Canyon City Zant, and if you shop them correctly you can make quite a fortune by selling off items to other players, especially glues, dyes, and bird feathers.

    omega71 on
    24.24.2.2148
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Looking through the wiki... you didn't mention this!!
    The game features its own in-game economy which is directly controlled by players.

    That's more than enough for me to at least give it a shot

    edit: DLing, I'll be in as Fleck0 no doubt once it's all up and running

    Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Don't forget Essence/Low Essence. That 7-15k per bottle adds up fast.

    Also, be sure to keep your gear updated. +3 every new armor and weapon you get, and try to get any spares past the safe limit. Don't sell your upgrading rocks (talismans, bindrunes, and that one for back stuff that starts with an A) until you know you won't be using armor for that particular class of armor.

    And don't be fooled into selling your gift boxes for tiny amounts of z. They spawn decent NPCables and gear improvement rocks routinely.

    MKR on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I started playing this yesterday. Made it to 20 Hawker so far. I'm following a guide from their forums to level him properly. So far he's kicking ass. From the looks of this thread no one else was really interested in this after a few levels. I guess I'll be the same, but I've got time to kill on an old laptop so I guess I'll be playing for at least another week.

    Did anyone manage to get a mech? Or is that for the really high levels?

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    I started playing this yesterday. Made it to 20 Hawker so far. I'm following a guide from their forums to level him properly. So far he's kicking ass. From the looks of this thread no one else was really interested in this after a few levels. I guess I'll be the same, but I've got time to kill on an old laptop so I guess I'll be playing for at least another week.

    Did anyone manage to get a mech? Or is that for the really high levels?

    You hit 40 and the main town, then realize that's pretty much it.

    MKR on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    I started playing this yesterday. Made it to 20 Hawker so far. I'm following a guide from their forums to level him properly. So far he's kicking ass. From the looks of this thread no one else was really interested in this after a few levels. I guess I'll be the same, but I've got time to kill on an old laptop so I guess I'll be playing for at least another week.

    Did anyone manage to get a mech? Or is that for the really high levels?

    You hit 40 and the main town, then realize that's pretty much it.

    Well, that's better than most other free mmos. :?

    Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
Sign In or Register to comment.