As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crazy [House] in the Crazy House

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Melkster wrote: »
    So I'm pretty excited about the show tonight.

Preview:
    It is episode 3 of the popular drama series “House” tonight and it is an episode that some of you may have been waiting to see. According to buddytv.com, James Earl Jones is due to make a guest appearance on the show, as an African tyrant.

James is set to play controversial political leader President Dibala, who falls ill and is taken to Princeton Plainsboro, to receive treatment. The team then has to decide, whether or not they will treat such a merciless dictator.

Meanwhile, viewers will get to see a lot more of House and Wilson in this episode, with Wilson attempting to make peace with a feuding neighbor. But Dr. Gregory House’s prying, will only make the problem much worse.
    Awesome, a crossover!
    Let your Soul Glow

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    Also, I loved that "This is the best thing I've ever eaten... yes, including that thing you're thinking of right now."
    Lolcunnilingus am i rite?

You mean lolfellatio. Cunnilingus would require Foreman to have a vagina.

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Klorgnum wrote: »
    Also, I loved that "This is the best thing I've ever eaten... yes, including that thing you're thinking of right now."

...she's bi-sexual.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LineNoiz wrote: »

...she's bi-sexual.

Who used to pick up sluts in bars because she was all wangst over her disease.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

...she's bi-sexual.

Sluts with amazing medical mysteries.*

*the best kind of slut

Melkster on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

...she's bi-sexual.

Sluts with amazing medical mysteries.*

*the best kind of slut

The best kind of slut are sluts who have slutty friends who want to join in on the sluttery.
    Have we violated some federal mandate for the maximum number of times slut can appear on a page?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit this week's episode
    I was really worried House was gonna do something crazy and bad and ruin all that wonderful character development, but instead he did something crazy and nice that fits with the new character development!

Also god damn it's like with House being relatively normal, they have to turn up the crazy assholery to 11 on everyone else! Crazy Cameron is all goin' behind everyone's back to try and get the old man killed, and then Chase of all people is eventually the one to kill him, and then Foreman is a douche to his girlfriend and then covers up the murder and Jesus Christ what the hell is this shit

Odds are Cameron is gonna find out and leave Chase which will be so hilariously hypocritical it'll finally prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how insane she is, and with luck Foreman with either leave too or stop being the fucker that he's been lately

I really liked House and his interactions with everyone else in this episode, particularly his bits of normalcy with Wilson and the mocking he gave to Foreman and the powerful internal battle he was waging with himself to not break into that dude's apartment, but for a show called House he did not feature all that prominently in this episode

I really really hope this isn't the start of a trend where they put the focus on Foreman and Thirteen and Chase and Cameron now that House is all better

Although I guess the detective character is coming back so maybe they'll focus on him for a while. That'd be much preferred

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Chase did it 35 minutes ago

Elendil on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not a fan of the reset at the end of the episode...

Hope that the show comes back to it. Rather then pretending it didn't happen.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    DanHibiki wrote: »

The preview for next week shows Cuddy talking about the old tyrant's case and implies that this shit will in fact come back to bite them in the ass

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

The preview for next week shows Cuddy talking about the old tyrant's case and implies that this shit will in fact come back to bite them in the ass
    oh good! I didn't see the preview

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So this is pretty much the best episode*

*well maybe not the best but it's damn good.
    The part at the end with house and that crazy neighbor - had me on the edge of my seat. Is this House gone mad? Is he even worse than his old self? And then it turns out that he was just trying to help the guy.

Brilliant.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That was really scary

I am emotionally invested in a fictional character's psychological recovery

That's an accomplishment for a TV show I guess

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

oh good! I didn't see the preview
    story arc story arc lol

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Chase getting screentime? Yesssss.

I continue to groan at all the 'lol Foreman's like House'.

No. He really isn't. House makes decisions he believes in and flips only when presented with convincing evidence (or a brilliant epiphany) otherwise. Foreman flip flops on everything because he keeps trying to be House. House is a big jerk but he's right (and entertaining). Foreman's a big jerk and he's wrong and arrogant and boring.

Please to shoot Foreman and Thirteen out of a cannon in the next couple episodes.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I've hated Foreman ever since he was dying and stabbed Cameron with a needle thinking it would motivate her more to save him.

Whenever he shows his true colors, they are not pretty colors to see.

Arkas on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arkas wrote: »
    Man, I've hated Foreman ever since he was dying and stabbed Cameron with a needle thinking it would motivate her more to save him.

yea that episode was so fucked up. Why did he not go to jail forever and ever for that or at least get fired.

as for this episode
    holy shit. chase clearly made the right call. I can see not killing him if all you have is info from the media and shit, but the dude admitted he was gonna go do it, so yea, kinda your obligation to make sure he bites it.

it's gonna be a "fuck chase" couple of episodes coming up next. Either he goes to jail or cameron leaves him or he leaves himself cause he hates himself. Sucks for him

NotYou on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    NotYou wrote: »

yea that episode was so fucked up. Why did he not go to jail forever and ever for that or at least get fired.

as for this episode
    holy shit. chase clearly made the right call. I can see not killing him if all you have is info from the media and shit, but the dude admitted he was gonna go do it, so yea, kinda your obligation to make sure he bites it.

it's gonna be a "fuck chase" couple of episodes coming up next. Either he goes to jail or cameron leaves him or he leaves himself cause he hates himself. Sucks for him

Whats? How was it the right call?
    He had an ethical duty to do no harm. He did harm. End of story.
    I think.

Fuck I don't know.

If Hitler was in that room... God I don't know. I want to believe that there is a better way, that we don't have to stoop to the level of murderers by becoming murderers ourselves while at the same time betraying our sacred oath to do no harm - ever. And speaking practically, you have no idea if this is really going to solve the genocide at all. The dictator is gone - but so what? Surely his regime is filled with people as bad or worse than him, and one of them will likely just take on where he left off.

Maybe the dictator deserves it, yeah. But... Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Tolkien was always right.

It is not the place of a physician to dole out who lives and who dies, even when it's a brutal bloodthirsty dictator.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

as for this episode

Whats? How was it the right call?
    He had an ethical duty to do no harm. He did harm. End of story.
    I think.

Fuck I don't know.

If Hitler was in that room... God I don't know. I want to believe that there is a better way, that we don't have to stoop to the level of murderers by becoming murderers ourselves while at the same time betraying our sacred oath to do no harm - ever. And speaking practically, you have no idea if this is really going to solve the genocide at all. The dictator is gone - but so what? Surely his regime is filled with people as bad or worse than him, and one of them will likely just take on where he left off.

Maybe the dictator deserves it, yeah. But... Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Tolkien was always right.

It is not the place of a physician to dole out who lives and who dies, even when it's a brutal bloodthirsty dictator.
    i feel like this is derailment, but here's my reasoning.

Firstly, a person's duty as a person comes before a person's duty as a physician.

Secondly, it's not a matter of what someone deserves or a question of doling out punishment. It's a matter of preventing a terrible act from taking place and being in a position to do so. We're not talking about being in the same room as hitler after the holocaust and you killing him for the sake of some sort of "justice." It'd be if you were in the same room as him and hitler explained how he was going to kill all the jews and that realistically no one could stop him, and that his advisors loved peace.

I consider this situation and a situation where a man is in front of me with a gun pointed at a child and I have a fun pointed at the man to be the same. By pulling the trigger I save the child. This is a moral action is it not?

NotYou on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There are way fewer variables involved with the guy pointing the gun at the child. It is much safer to conclude that shooting him will do the most good.

Once you get into political leaders and power vacuums and media heresy and 'creating order'... you're really just trying to play God, there, and you're probably doing it blind.

Part of me had the irrational hope that Chase had a tape recorder on hand for the screaming confession part. Turn the tape over to the folks who issued the subpoena, hope it's enough evidence to get him held for crimes against humanity or something...

I guess that'd be too easy and TV-like, though, huh? And would cause much less moral angst.

Arkas on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you go by the philosophy that the life you save is a life you're responsible for, than Chase did the right thing, because by saving that man's life he would have made it possible for that monster to commit genocide. It could be said that he had an ethical obligation to prevent the evil he made possible.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can't create an omelet without murdering a few eggs.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's not that simple. It's never that simple. No one knows what's going to happen.

All he knew was that
    he could break his hippocratic oath or not. Everything else was guesswork. He broke it. He broke his ethical obligation. He broke his sacred oath. He might not be as bad as the man he killed, but he's in the same room.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anyway, he deserves what's coming to him, as sure as .. that other guy did.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's not that simple. It's never that simple. No one knows what's going to happen.

All he knew was that
    he could break his hipocratic oath or not. Everything else was guesswork. He broke it. He broke his ethical obligation. He broke his sacred oath. He might not be as bad as the man he killed, but he's in the same room.
    That's a stretch. He broke one obligation for a greater one: his obligation to his fellow man. If that man walked out of that hospital and did as he planned, it would have been on Chase's head, and the deaths of countless innocents beats an oath that wasn't designed to deal for situations like this one.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Of course he shouldn't get off scott free for this, but his actions came from a much different place than the patients. An understandable, fairly justified place.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Future is never certain, but you gotta go with what's right, and killing genocidal maniacs gets my stamp of approval. Of course, the whole thing was a little far fetched, genocidal maniacs don't come to the US because they wouldn't get diplomatic immunity, because they're not diplomats, they're genocidal maniacs. It's not just for any politician, it's for actual diplomats.

Hoz on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Saving a man's life does not make you responsible for his future actions.

Killing him does make you a murderer though.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

All he knew was that
    he could break his hippocratic oath or not. Everything else was guesswork. He broke it. He broke his ethical obligation. He broke his sacred oath. He might not be as bad as the man he killed, but he's in the same room.
    it's the same situation as a man with a gun to a kid's head. You don't know that man is actually going to pull the trigger. But he's got a gun and he said he's gonna do it so... whatcha gonna do?

NotYou on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

All he knew was that
    it's the same situation as a man with a gun to a kid's head. You don't know that man is actually going to pull the trigger. But he's got a gun and he said he's gonna do it so... whatcha gonna do?
    If I was a doctor, and the man with the gun to the kid's head was dying, I treat him. Why? Because I'm a doctor, I took an oath to save other's lives. If I put my own moral judgement in, it just becomes too complicated. Doctors should treat patients. A patient should be able to come up to House or Chase or any other doctor and think, no matter who I am, this man will treat me, he is a doctor.

Greeper on
  • Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Greeper wrote: »

All he knew was that
    If I was a doctor, and the man with the gun to the kid's head was dying, I treat him. Why? Because I'm a doctor, I took an oath to save other's lives. If I put my own moral judgement in, it just becomes too complicated. Doctors should treat patients. A patient should be able to come up to House or Chase or any other doctor and think, no matter who I am, this man will treat me, he is a doctor.
    Frankly, I was actually half-expecting a twist at the end after that one Cameron scene talking to the 2nd-in-command, whoever that was (the guy in the uniform the whole time). Something like how the president actually was a good guy, and it was the uniform-guy that was actually going way past the line on stuff, and so by Cameron claiming the prez was unfit for duty, she'd unwittingly give full control over the 2nd-in-command lunatic.

'Course, that's not at all what happened. Must have been watching too much Whedon shows lately... :)

Mathew Burrack on
    "Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Saving a man's life does not make you responsible for his future actions.

Killing him does make you a murderer though.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    So, is Taub gone for good?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    BoredomBoredom Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I hope so. I felt that the series borderline jumped the shark with the entire "team #2" thing, not because of the team per se, but the writing sorta took a nosedive (in my opinion) and the casting didn't help (immediately recognizing people from TV shows or movies I dislike didn't help).

I feel like the writing automatically gets better whenever the old characters are used. I guess I find them genuinely interesting.

Boredom on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Do we really know he was gonna commit genocide?

Like, he kept avoiding the subject, so that makes him suspicious, but he never out and out said "man those sitimbe people suck, i'ma kill 'em all" or "those sitimbe people are the resistence, i must crush them for my country"

All he said he was gonna do was "keep his country safe," and he admitted he'd fucked up in the past, which is not generally what genocidal dictators do

I mean, if the guy was gonna commit genocide, and we knew that, it woulda been an easy choice and I'd be with Chase one hundred percent. But man, it seems like they went out of their way to make it a hazy question

Chase was going on about peace talks at the end there, but how could he know that, the guy had just died like less than an hour ago. And then the power vacuum, oh that'll be good for Nameless African Nation

Basically I don't know that he made the right choice with the information he had

But oh well
    As long as it leads to Cameron leaving, it's for the best. Bitch is nuts

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I actually quite like Cameron - and Chase, now. I like where things are going with Foreman.

Everyone on the show seems alot more interesting now that they aren't just foils for mean House's shenanigans.

Melkster on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Boredom wrote: »

I hope so. I felt that the series borderline jumped the shark with the entire "team #2" thing, not because of the team per se, but the writing sorta took a nosedive (in my opinion) and the casting didn't help (immediately recognizing people from TV shows or movies I dislike didn't help).

I feel like the writing automatically gets better whenever the old characters are used. I guess I find them genuinely interesting.

I definitely agree, though I've never been able to pinpoint why. I don't know if it's that the ensemble-cast introduction of the new characters made me never really connect with them, or just that I never really enjoyed Taub or 13's personalities, but the last few seasons haven't seemed to gel in the same way that the first few did. This season, where the B Team are gone, feels so much more solid.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would have paid cash money to see House interact with the dictator.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    chasemandias.jpg

Adus on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    If we're talking proper courses of action, what Chase (and probably Cameron) should've done is removed himself from the case. I think Cuddy would probably understand the inability to devote yourself 100% to the treatment of a man who's going to go off and murder a hundred thousand people when you're done.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.