As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Fire Red EV training help

ColtonColton Registered User new member
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking to EV train my Pokemon in special attack. I've seen the charts, but I haven't got really definitive results. So far I'm lv40 and fighting gastly(14ish) and haunter(24ish) in the haunted tower. Am i waisting time right now, or is this the best way to do it?

Also, I just leveled my pokemon fighting the exact same stuff I always have, and I got almost no result. My SATK was increased just as much at two other attributes. Am I doing something wrong? Just fighting gastly. Here's the chart I used http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=137813.

Just don't get it..

Colton on

• Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Basically, you could be fighting Level 5 Gastlys or Level 80 Gastlys, they're going to give you the same amount of EV points.

Alpine on
  • Options
    ColtonColton Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I figured that, but what I'm mostly concerned about is fighting the highest lvl thing I can and still efficiently get satk EV points.

Colton on
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had the same problem. EV Training is a bitch, and it takes a lot longer than just power levelling because often you do have to fight weaker pokemon.

Just make sure you use your vitamins before you EV train.

Alpine on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For Sp. Atk.

Step 1 ) Take ten vitamins.

Step 2 ) Fight Ghastly/Haunter (1 and 2 points respectively) Make sure you keep track. Don't allow the EV value to go over like 254-256.

Step 3 ) EV Train something else. Like speed, or defense. For speed, take out Golbats (2pts apiece). For defense...I dunno. I can't remember.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on