As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fringe benefit of PAX #4305634056

atiariatiari Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Networking!

By meeting all sorts of amazing and excellent people, and sharing taxis and shuttles, one can often find themselves in positions they did not expect. Example coming later this week ;)

But yea, 58k people with similar interests tends to mean that conversations start and stop as easily as if everyone were old friends meeting up for the first time in years.

atiari on

• Options
    SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    atiari wrote: »
    one can often find themselves in positions they did not expect. Example coming later this week ;)

Doggystyle, for one. Nobody expects the surprise sex!
    SupriseButtSex.jpg

PS, for examples, I demand pics. But only if you're hot.

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually what I was referring to was help in finding a new job ;)

I knew going into PAX that my contract was up at the end of September so I networked with my fellow journalists and have my resume in with many companies now and should have a new job lined up before my contract expires in a week.

That being said, if there are any fellow journalists around, drop me a PM if you think your company is in need of an experienced journalist/editor ;)

atiari on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How about unexperienced journalists that don't have a college degree?

Goose! on
  • Options
    SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    How about unexperienced journalists that don't have a college degree?

Focus on graduating, and writing more. Your writing will become infinitely more valuable with the relevant education in theory, structure, style, and ethics.

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's Ethics in journalism? :p

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bambooza wrote: »
    There's Ethics in journalism? :p

unless you get a job at fox news!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.