As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LASER TAG MOTHERFUCKS

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Social Entropy++
this is the thread to talk about the only real sport

laser-tag.jpg

look at these hardcore motherfuckers

talk about all your insane laser tag stories in here dudes

also I've got a laser tag get-together later today and I'm making a custom soundtrack for it

you guys have any ideas what to put on there

I wish to encourage massive asskicking

YaYa on

• Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    just put "Danger Zone" on repeat

Captain K on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    no offense, but I always found laser tag pretty boring

painball is much more fun

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that song thats all MORTAL COMBAAAAAT dundundundun DUN DUN dundundundundun DUN DUN

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    no offense, but I always found laser tag pretty boring

painball is much more fun

PAIN BALL

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was at some theme park or something that had these awesome laser tag rifles. I think they had multiple weapon types like a rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher. They even had a bomb type function where you hit the button and it hit people within short range all around you. The arena was fairly large with lots of tight hallways and corners. It was pretty sweet.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    pretty sure it's like some sexual ballsack torture fetish druhim subscribes to

Ranx on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    laser tag is great because, at the rate I expend ammo, painball is hells of expensive.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ranx wrote: »
    is that typo on purpose

That's no typo.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    one time these little kids all took this castle and it was like all of them on me and I just charge up there and im just all blam blam blam and this kid tries to tackle me but he hits the ground and I chase them out of the tower

I am the king of beating up little kids

but paintball is definitely superior

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    one time some friends were playing laser tag with some strangers, we were ~high school seniors and they were ~early middle school. and those fuckers would NOT stop covering their vests and running RIGHT up to us.

so finally one of my friends grabbed a kid by the vest, forced him to the ground, and spent the entire round just shooting him, while we "guarded" the area (nothing physical, just shooting whoever came by).

fuckers stopped fucking with us after that

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If I had more people to play with, I would play airsoft all the damn time. I have a pretty decent gun and a few friends with equally good guns that occasionally get together but it usually is an expectation of 6-8 people and then it ends up being 3. Sucks.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    laser tag is the most uninteresting thing on Earth.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    laser tag sucks because there is always that fucker who spends too much time playing and he knows how to exploit his sensors

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    well it's lame if you don't play it full contact

all pistol whipping people

• Options
    edited September 2008
    2313745555_80c3761d51_o.jpg

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Laser tag at a place is dumb because they don't let you run, but some kid always does.

Also covering up.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hahahahaa

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well it's lame if you don't play it full contact

all pistol whipping people

I

uh

I've actually done that once

apparently those guns really fucking hurt

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i know about those books because someone gave me one when i was like five

it was a choose your own adventure

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Personally I prefer NERF action when I have to shoot somebody with a nonlethal projectile. At least the dart is solid instead of a corporeal glowy beam.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    wait who the fuck follows the rules when they go to Laser tag?

the only rule anyone I know believes in is the no covering up one

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh crap I remember the best laser tag ever. It was at camp and they had this big wooded area. There was a huge hill covered in trees with a road at the top for sniping, a thicket at the right side, a creek across the trail at the bottom on the left and some more thicket on the far side. They had these awesome metal guns that were full size. They only looked slightly like real guns though. There was an Uzi type, a Skorpion type, a rifle, a Alien Plasma Rifle and a Sniper rifle. They all had different ranges and red dot sights except the Sniper which had a magnified scope. It was something like 10 hits until you died and you had to hit a button to reload after a certain amount of shots. Eventually you could run out of ammo too. It was 10 on 10 or so for 20 minute rounds or so. It was incredibly fun. It got really strategic later on too. The sensors were attached to hats that you had to wear. Boonie hats were one team and regulars were the other. There was one on the back and front so you couldn't cover them up well. And if you did they would probably kick you out and you'd be short $20 ($20 for 2 hours each day for 2 days I think).

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Phonehand wrote: »
    i know about those books because someone gave me one when i was like five

it was a choose your own adventure

in fact i probably still have it somewhere

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    laser tag is great because, at the rate I expend ammo, painball is hells of expensive.

that's actually what I love about paintball
    people that have no concept of a controlled shot just spraying expensive paintballs everywhere to little effect instead of actually taking the time to aim and fire off one or two rounds

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Oh crap I remember the best laser tag ever. It was at camp and they had this big wooded area. There was a huge hill covered in trees with a road at the top for sniping, a thicket at the right side, a creek across the trail at the bottom on the left and some more thicket on the far side. They had these awesome metal guns that were full size. They only looked slightly like real guns though. There was an Uzi type, a Skorpion type, a rifle, a Alien Plasma Rifle and a Sniper rifle. They all had different ranges and red dot sights except the Sniper which had a magnified scope. It was something like 10 hits until you died and you had to hit a button to reload after a certain amount of shots. Eventually you could run out of ammo too. It was 10 on 10 or so for 20 minute rounds or so. It was incredibly fun. It got really strategic later on too.

dude

do you live in melbourne

because we have one of the same places

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    it's hard as fuck to aim with a paintball gun though unless you have a really good one

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've only been paintballing once but I'd love to do it again.

Suddenly I have a great idea for MOPax.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like tagball

Its paintball but with rubber balls. Hurts as much as paintball. The only difference is that you play inside

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    Oh crap I remember the best laser tag ever. It was at camp and they had this big wooded area. There was a huge hill covered in trees with a road at the top for sniping, a thicket at the right side, a creek across the trail at the bottom on the left and some more thicket on the far side. They had these awesome metal guns that were full size. They only looked slightly like real guns though. There was an Uzi type, a Skorpion type, a rifle, a Alien Plasma Rifle and a Sniper rifle. They all had different ranges and red dot sights except the Sniper which had a magnified scope. It was something like 10 hits until you died and you had to hit a button to reload after a certain amount of shots. Eventually you could run out of ammo too. It was 10 on 10 or so for 20 minute rounds or so. It was incredibly fun. It got really strategic later on too.

dude

do you live in melbourne

East Coast of the US. The guns were Australian made though, so you probably have the same ones down there.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    YaYa wrote: »

dude

do you live in melbourne

East Coast of the US. The guns were Australian made though, so you probably have the same ones down there.

the only downside to it is that ours only had one tiny sensor on the head

nearly impossible to consistently get good shots off

YaYa on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ranx wrote: »
    it's hard as fuck to aim with a paintball gun though unless you have a really good one

or if you don't suck.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I had one of the counselors sniping in some grass pinned down. He didn't know who he was getting hit by and I was standing maybe 15 ft to his left. Getting hit interupted his reload so he was doomed.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    me and my friends used to go laser tag all the dang time. one time, we dragged out two of our friends who never came out for said lasertagging. turns out they were color blind. so once inside, i told them i was on their team, the awesome neon green team, and said i'd guard their backs. only i was on the hot pink team, and shot them in the back every chance i got, and always blamed it on the many little kids running around. then the game ended and we got the score print out. i was number one. it was totally worth the punches they rained down on me.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    about two years ago at laser tag this faggot little 10 year old was just following me and shooting me in the back every few seconds

I was piss drunk, so I got mad and knocked the whiney little bitch over

he yelled "marshal marshal marshal", the marshal came, told him to "get over it" and later told me she fucking hated the little pigs who were always in there

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If I ever owned a lazer tag thing, I'd make it full contact, ultimate warfare.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The last time I went lazer tagging, the arena looked like the Aggro Crag from GUTS.

Clint Eastwood on