As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wake of the Hrannaseth Next game Tuesday Oct 14

dscrilladscrilla Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Critical Failures
65 years have passed since the time of troubles - the fall of the last great emperor at the hands of an invading Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead. With the empire's armies thrown into the breach between this world and the Shadowfell, nomadic and barbarian tribes from beyond the Great sea to the West invaded and pillaged. Only recently have they left for their icy home beyond the waves.

Mandatory Worship of the Raven Queen now a thing of the past, local dieties and tribal religions are springing up to fill the gaps once held by the pantheon of the Raven Queen, Bahamut, and Corelleon. New territorial gods, bloodstained with faces painted with Woad, sit as graven images above the mantles of houses from Laonland on the North Coast, to the Pragonssen forest in the south.

One small hamlet clings to the old ways, and the old temple, now held together more with ivy than with mortar, still holds services for the three Old Gods of Death, Justice, and the Arcane. It's militia falters, but the people have entrusted their hope to 5 young adventurers, gifted with the spark of destiny, who have recently come of age in this small collection of faithful from every race...

The recently arrived humans, Cyrus and Kuranes do the Raven Queen proud - dispatching the woad-faced raiders that would seek to grind Theafast under the feet of idols. Though the elders worry about Cyrus and his true devotion, there can be no doubting the effectiveness of his blade.

Zerash and Dyseth have become fixtures around the the village in a short while. Towering beacons of strength, children clamor for rides atop their scaled shoulders.

Kilmihil, the Eladrin has a temper that worries the village eldership, and skills that impress them all the more. They take solace in the fact that the tales of Correllion's Youth speak to the same blend of ferocity and ability.

Heath Lightfoot is the problem child of the bunch - not seeming to find answers to his questions, despite all the priest's explaining. Though he follows Sehanine and treads dangerously close to idolatrous territory, it is clear that destiny has brought him here as well - and rather than threaten him, the Elders pray that Bahamut would spread his wings over the young half-elf, and that Heath would find Justice and the peace that follows.

But today, they will find no peace.

As if the raids of the woad-faced weren't enough trouble for the village, lately creatures even more horrible have been tapping at the palisades at night. If Idolaters are an affront to the Justice of Bahamut and the Knowledge of Corellion, then the undead are an abomination to all three Old Gods. Their presence is simply not tolerable, and their appearance as of late is almost certainly a result of the old pagan Ziggaurat near the coast. Though the druids inside have long since been thrown out and burned at the stake, the ground around it is still blighted from the decades of human sacrifice on the burning hands of Behil-Daemus - an idolatrous statue of bronze, made red hot with heat so that children would writhe on his outstretched arms in their final moments.

While the town wouldn't normally risk sending its youngest and proudest warriors into such danger, (if for no other reason than risk exposing the village to attack), a young girl disappeared in the midst of the undead vermin last night, and the elders fear the worst. The heroes of Theafast have risen to the occasion, and storm the gates of the house of abomination. With the guidance of the Old Gods, they will put this detestable practice to an end once and for all - cutting the statue of Behil-Daemus into pieces and sending them to the far ends of the earth, as a message to all who would practice such things.

The plot thickens

more to come

dscrilla on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Previous Adventures

Episode 1
    Our intrepid heroes ventured into a heathen ziggurat in search of a missing little girl missing from Theafast. After many perilous adventures they defeated a demonic cultist and rescued the girl, along with a strange crystal. The elders of Theafast identified the crystal as a soul spark, although it's purpose remained unknown. The party resolved to follow up on a clue they found in the ziggurat, which the elders informed them was the emblem of the Blackrook clan of Dragonborn.

Episode 2 (Ongoing)
    As they were readying to set out, the part was called to the gates of Theafast at the approach of a lone elf running from a horde of angry brigands. After the ruffians were handily dealt with the elf identified himself as Garrett, who was seeking to avenge his village, which he claimed had been destroyed by raiding Dragonborn of the Skybolt clan. Dismayed at the thought that his clan may have sunk so low, Zharash departed in order to discover the truth for himself, while the party went to investigate a mysterious ruin Garrett's village had discovered shortly before they were massacred.

The Party
    Kuranes -Human Wizard - dscrilla (off during my tenure as DM)
    Zharash -Dragonborn Fighter - Kayne Red Robe (Returning to party)
    Kilmihil -Eladrin Ranger - Klepto
    Kazarath -Dragonborn Warlord - fletchsm
    Grimrik Dwarven Paladin - Jebu/open slot
    Gram -Dwarven Cleric

The Time

Our usual meeting time is on Tuesdays at around 6:30pm PST, although we do occasionally meet other days if necessary.

Next Session
    Tuesday September 28th at 6:30

dscrilla on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    With the gnoll rules out, I was thinking of throwing together a gnoll rogue for this. I can come up with an appropriate backstory, but I wanted to run the concept by you first to see if it would even be allowed.

[strike]Here are the stats.[/strike] - nixed.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So are we on for Tuesday?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hell yeah

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    With the gnoll rules out, I was thinking of throwing together a gnoll rogue for this. I can come up with an appropriate backstory, but I wanted to run the concept by you first to see if it would even be allowed.

Here are the stats.

Gnoll eh? Well we could use a defender, striker or leader. I really prefer to start out with monster races as an option since they cause some complications. What do the players think? I could go either way but it could make life difficult for future DM's.

I sent a PM to you and our other alt. I doubt both of our AWOL players will show so welcome to the game.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    Draw On Holy MightDraw On Holy Might Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I almost forgot I was on reserve for this game. Totally awesome to be getting in.

If you need a defender, I'll be making an Elf Fighter (for high-Dex tanking). For some reason, I am completely excited by the idea. And I guess I missed it somewhere, but what level should I be coming in at?

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here is my sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=78110

And I am still on for tonight.

Fletchsm on
    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for chiming in Fletchsm, I added your sheet to the roster.

Draw on Holy, we are right at lvl 3

Guys, from here on out if you don't show without posting notice, your spot is up for grabs the next game. If your not able to make it be sure to post here.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What's the party makeup at the moment?

I mean, as far as who is attending tonight?

delroland on
  • Options
    KleptoKlepto Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Should be there.

Klepto on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ranger, Warlord, Fighter, Fighter, looks like.

Hmm. 'kay, I'll bring a human rogue. Working on the stats.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The server is up, i will be AFK for a bit but feel free to log in

everything else is defaults

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nobody really knows anything about Todt Norhal. Locked away decades ago for some unknown crime, he passed the time trying to keep in shape, though his health was failing from the many years of living in a cold cell. Occasionally, and mostly out of boredom, he would try to convince his guards to release him, knowing full well his pleas would fall on deaf ears.

Everything changed after the barbarians came. The leader of the town guard came to Todt, revealing that the town had no desire to continue caring for a prisoner of an empire that no longer existed. So he was given a choice: he could take up arms and aid the town in its time of need, earning his freedom, or he could be hanged in the morning.

Though sorely tempted to tell the guardsman where in the Hells he could stick his "offer", Todt held his tongue and agreed to help the town. Gathering his dusty belongings from an old, cobweb-filled closet, Todt couldn't help but wonder if perhaps his old bones still had a bit of adventure left in them.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What port? -51234, got that too :)

Edit: and what version of maptool? -v1.2.b32, got it

Edit2: working on a token

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Todt.png

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hm, got disconnected and it says I am already connected when I try to reconnect. Can you boot my soulless proxy?

Edit: getting food, be back before 6.30

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ugh. Comcast continues to shit all over my hopes and dreams. Internet is down again. Safe to say I probably won't be there.

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    KleptoKlepto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorry, couldn't make it last night, got stuck at my grandparents for most of the evening.

Bleah, outta the blue too, otherwise I woulda given a heads up.

Klepto on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So Guys, I will be on the road Tuesday night. What do you think about a Thursday game this week?

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I work on Thursday, I believe until 9pm, but I will need to check.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thursday is good for me. Actually, any evening is good, if Thursday doesn't work out.

Also, because I seem to have forgotten about it completely: Davian, Elf Fighter

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thursday should be ok for me. Will let you guys know if something comes up before then.

Edit:

Was going to edit this message that I couldn't make it after I realized the start time would be midnight my time and I have to work the next day. But then I realized that after that Friday I have 11 days or so of vacation coming up. So fuck it. I will be there.

Fletchsm on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I can make Thursday, normally I wouldn't be able to, but I'm off this week Thursday for some reason. (Not that I'm complaining mind).

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yup, I'm 12-9. Either NPC my character or have his arthritis flare up or something. If you guys are still playing when I get home, I'll take over/jump in at that point.

Btw, if anyone cares, my character's name is pronounced "Tote" as in "tote bag". Sometimes the kids will refer to him as "Old Toad" (the ladies, something else :winky:).

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Guys, I am sorry I have to travel unexpectedly tonight. Next tuesday is WIDE OPEN, we will play.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    And I even checked the thread before I drank the redbull tonight. ;-) See you guys Tuesday.

Fletchsm on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Are we on for today?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I hope everyone can make it

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Sorry for the last second cancel but I thought I would have time to play tonight but I am leaving for California in the morning and still have to do some stuff. I won't be back for next week either so I am bowing out of the game for now.

Fletchsm on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was just making a few last minute changes to some macros, but I'm good to go.

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Server is up

hopefully we will get more than two tonight!

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Is there a port number? Or am I just missing something?

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I am failing to connect.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    try now?
    port is 51234, the default.

Having any luck Holy?

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    EDIT: Wait, nevermind.

Draw On Holy Might on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    if you have the means unblock port 51234 on your firewall

its just Kayne and I for now

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    dscrilla wrote: »
    Server is up

hopefully we will get more than two tonight!

ouch, well guys. I don't know how to get attendance going without doing some recruiting.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Gah! Totally forgot about this. The 3.0 WoW patch came out yesterday, and I was doing that all day. Sorry, guys. :(

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well,

I am going to have to bow out. Sorry to have this die on my watch, but i wont be reliable for any evenings till after November. I would like to try DMing again, but it will have to be more PbP with maptool dungeons bimonthly or so. Since the Game passed though Legionaired and Kayne's hands I will leave it up to them if they want to keep running WotH.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah no. I spent a lot of effort to keep the game alive during my tenure as DM and I'm really not up to doing that again.

Kane Red Robe on