As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Media Mail+Delivery Confirmation

evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought an item off ebay, and got it shipped by media mail. Now, I do have a tracking number for the package, but when I look it up, I get:

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your item was processed and left our BELL, CA 90201 facility on August 2, 2008. No further information is available for this item.

Now that it's a month and a half later, I'm getting annoyed. I actually don't mind if it takes a while to get here, but I am worried that something went wrong.

My question:
How certain is it that this has physically entered the mail system, and will get to me eventually? The seller has a few feedback items like "took a month to get to me", but is this just a very slow mail office between them and me, or something else?

evilmrhenry on

• Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    if it has insurance on it, the sender can file a claim

if not, oh boy. You'll probably never ever see that package, unless it's going from the continental US to overseas. I work at the USPS 1800 number call center.

edit: if it says "processed" that means it was actually in the postal system then, but is most likely lost given that that was back in August. Media Mail normally arrives between 2 and 9 postal business days, and also normally not longer than fourteen. If you bought it using Paypal, you could dispute that you didn't receive the item with them if you want.

MrDelish on