As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"...And I'll form the head!"

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    When I was little it was all about Garfield and Freinds, and Looney Tunes re-runs.

And Pro Stars.
    prostarslf3.jpg

fuck Pro Stars.

hammermanlogo.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    they're making a new biker mice from mars show!

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Man, Biker Mice sucked. I hated that crap.

Man no wonder you didn't have a girlfriend

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:

6035.gif

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    newmask.gif

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    grug this is exactly how I feel about most things that aren't old cartoons and shit

so I totally know where you're coming from
    well ok.

Aren't you sick of the "me-too'ing" that comes with threads like these? Someone says they like something and ten people come out of the woodwork to tell us that they too, liked it. Were these cartoons really that good? Probably not. Have you seen an episode of the smurfs since you blossomed into a human? That shit is shit. Shit.

The explosion of fuckin' astroboy merchandise, t-shirts and such? Like astroboy is cool and all but fuck, people, we don't need you to re-afirm your pop culture awareness and old-school cred by fuckin' rehashing what someone who seems cool does to stay hip.

Isn't the whole point of this pandering to old cartoons to be cool and different? Like those goths who cary bob the builder backpacks? Maybe it's not the point, but surely incased in the blob of skull and simpsons references people can see what they're doing.

I am so full of rage I forgot where I was going
    grug you are so delightfully cynical
    yeah, i guess.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Whippy, how old are you?

Nineteen.

For serious?

Shit, I thought you were older than that. That explains the TMNT thing then.

God damn you fuckers make me feel old.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    gptv1.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hahanicetryloserag1.gif

Let's see how long it takes you folks to get this one.

Bloody good series.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    calamity jane had 3 episodes, though

can't get a whole lot less popular than that

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Also

santafly.gif

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    newmask.gif
    :^:
    Loved that show

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I should go back to that avatar. I miss it sometimes.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Shoe, let's kiss sometime, maybe?

My very first instinct when I opened this thread was to post Hammerman, but then I thought that maybe ProStars was funnier.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:
    grug this is exactly how I feel about most things that aren't old cartoons and shit

so I totally know where you're coming from
    well ok.

Aren't you sick of the "me-too'ing" that comes with threads like these? Someone says they like something and ten people come out of the woodwork to tell us that they too, liked it. Were these cartoons really that good? Probably not. Have you seen an episode of the smurfs since you blossomed into a human? That shit is shit. Shit.

The explosion of fuckin' astroboy merchandise, t-shirts and such? Like astroboy is cool and all but fuck, people, we don't need you to re-afirm your pop culture awareness and old-school cred by fuckin' rehashing what someone who seems cool does to stay hip.

Isn't the whole point of this pandering to old cartoons to be cool and different? Like those goths who cary bob the builder backpacks? Maybe it's not the point, but surely incased in the blob of skull and simpsons references people can see what they're doing.

I am so full of rage I forgot where I was going
    grug you are so delightfully cynical
    yeah, i guess.

grug, my love of cartoons stems from a broken and impoverished childhood where the only fucking break I would get from my continual shitpot of a life was in the poorly-written animated exploits of everything from the addams family to the real ghostbusters. so no, I do not look back on these things "to be cool", and yes, I do realize a lot of them were terrible. But goddamn it, they made me smile, and it's fun to remember them. I know not the motivations of others, but I know that when I think of a cartoon I haven't given a concious thought to in 10 years, by god it puts a grin on my face. I am just old school like that.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ZERO.ZERO. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Druhim wrote:
    My favorite Pete & Pete is either the Baseball episode, or the epiosde where Little Pete tries to go back in time on Daylights Savings day or whatever.
    Hell yeah, it's all about the riboflavin!

Oh man, and the episode where the Inspector comes to town and they fuck his shit up with some good old fashioned rib eating.

I need to find some more pete and pete episodes.

ZERO. on
    Man who eat jellybean fart in technicolor.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ZERO. wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    My favorite Pete & Pete is either the Baseball episode, or the epiosde where Little Pete tries to go back in time on Daylights Savings day or whatever.

Oh man, and the episode where the Inspector comes to town and they fuck his shit up with some good old fashioned rib eating.

Just go buy the DVDs.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Astroboy is a bad example because no matter how old you are Astroboy is awesome.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Astroboy is the che of cartoon shirts.
    grug, my love of cartoons stems from a broken and impoverished childhood where the only fucking break I would get from my continual shitpot of a life was in the poorly-written animated exploits of everything from the addams family to the real ghostbusters. so no, I do not look back on these things "to be cool", and yes, I do realize a lot of them were terrible. But goddamn it, they made me smile, and it's fun to remember them. I know not the motivations of others, but I know that when I think of a cartoon I haven't given a concious thought to in 10 years, by god it puts a grin on my face. I am just old school like that.
    Yeah, I got carried away. Sorry.

This isn't so much aimed at you as it is people in my life.

There's always fans, then there's the hanger-oner-ers.

p.s. don't play the poor card.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This thread reminded me to check up on the status of the real 5th Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle season, the one that they shelved in favor of the "hip new future" episodes.

Apperently it started airing, and I missed it.

And the DVD's are a gigantic cluster fuck because they won't release full seasons.

I'm sending you all letter bombs

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Saturday morning cartoons were fun. When I look back now, they were poorly animated and written but dammit, I had a shit load of fun watching them when I was a kid.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:

wasn't playing the poor card, I was merely stating a fact.

I get where you're coming from, buddy, I really do.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006

thanks, shoe

you can hate on me now if you like.

haterade.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:

thanks, shoe

you can hate on me now if you like.

haterade.

sir, I do not hate, I appreciate.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:
    Astroboy is the che of cartoon shirts.

Also grug, look at it like comfort food. Sometimes it's nice to tuck into a heapin' helpin' of good mac 'n cheese or chicken fried steak even if it's not great cuisine simply because of the fond memories it brings back. The food's not necessarily any better than it was back then, it's just associated with fond memories you have. We humans are wired funny that way so for some people these cartoons are basically like comfort food.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZERO.ZERO. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ZERO. wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

Just go buy the DVDs.

That's for Nazis.

I got a lot of good memories in this show, man.

ZERO. on
    Man who eat jellybean fart in technicolor.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I undestand, Druhim. I see both sides of the coin, I just don't rant about positives.

I can't help the way I am.

I AM SORRY FORUM

What is chicken fried steak, anyway?

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:
    I undestand, Druhim. I see both sides of the coin, I just don't rant about positives.

I AM SORRY FORUM

Chicken fried steak is basically breaded steak that has been fried like chicken.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Does the steak become tough as hell?

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:
    Does the steak become tough as hell?

No, it's actually pretty tasty. The steak is usually pressed very thin.

It might be cube steak also...I forget.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Chicken fried steak is generally cubed steak.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:

I AM SORRY FORUM

Don't apologize for only being awesome 99.9% of the time. Also chicken fried steak is not tough it's actually pretty good if it's done properly. Also there's usually country gravy on it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Druhim wrote:
    grug wrote:

I AM SORRY FORUM

Don't apologize for only being awesome 99.9% of the time. Also chicken fried steak is not tough it's actually pretty good if it's done properly. Also there's usually country gravy on it.
    Sawhouse gravy is so bad for you, yet soooo good.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It's like shnitzel, but deep fried? More battered than crumbed? Our terminology wavers. Thanks dru, your props are mad.
    schnitzel.jpg

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Let's kick things up a notch.

b90xwitbpv4.jpg

Hells yes.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    grug wrote:
    It's like shnitzel, but deep fried? More battered than crumbed? Our terminology wavers. Thanks dru, your props are mad.
    schnitzel.jpg
    No. Schnitzel, milanesa, etc... are generally a flank or skirt steak that is tenderized wafer thin. The tenderization pounds air into it making it very tender and adding flavor. Country fried steak is cube steak and tend to have a much higher fat content in the beef. It also contains a good deal of connective tissue making it tougher. The cooking process is generally very similar though.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Let's kick things up a notch.

b90xwitbpv4.jpg

Hells yes.

hurrgh that show was so bad we used to watch it in youth group it was so bad

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    The seasoning of the breading is different also but they schnitzel isn't a bad analogue to chicken fried steak.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    In High School me and my freind had these rad skateboards we bought at the Thrift Store or stole from old people's houses after their sons went off to university. Mine was a back to the future official movie skateboard. Keep in mind this was in like 1998.

We started a skateboard gang and we called ourselves Skate Expectations because that movie is
    so bad ass

You know, looking back I'm starting to realize why nobody wanted to be my girlfreind.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif