Options

Goosebumps: helping you be a literate little thang.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    let's talk some more about Redwall

It is such a weird series. I love it but it's very formulaic.
    Prologue
    Feast
    Scrappy hero set out to prove him/herself not always from Redwall
    feast
    Some trouble at redwall
    Villain intro
    Martin
    song
    Party A leaves Redwall
    Party B ( possibly with Hero)Leaves place X
    song
    Vermin get some character development
    Parties meet.
    song
    Martin's sword.
    Parties meet a heretofor unknown third party
    Song/feast
    Hero defeats villian
    Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
    Epilogue

Despite all of that I read each entry without fail.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    25rdsso.jpg

You are immortilized forever. That was fantastic and completely true.

Damn, I think I've read each one too, which exception of Rakkety Tam.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    n31941.jpg

Yeeeeesss

Green on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I think the last Redwall book I read was Taggerung
    Maybe the one after that

Me Too! on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I jsut remembered Diadem.

I read the original 6 Book story, which was cool as Hell, but apparently it kept going for a while after I stopped keeping track.

Also, there was another sci-fi series about a group of kids with inhuman powers, who find each other one by one over the first five or six books.

Like, the first kid had intense combat skills that would trigger unconsciously whenever he was in danger. Another girl had the power to regenerate parts of herself that were cut off, and detached parts could regenerate into a complete copy of herself. Another kid could understand and translate any form of communication whatsoever.

It got completely fucking crazy after a while, and involved time travelling into a post-apocalyptic future where greys have taken over earth. I never finished that series, but I was pretty into it for a while.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh man who remembers this series and how balls crazy it got at the end
    snip

51ZTHE78A1L_SL500_AA240_.jpg

I remember starting to read a book from my elementary school library. It was something about a boy turning into a girl because he kisses his elbow (a superstitious myth perpetuated by the kids in his school). About 3 chapters in I could tell it was going the route of "haha, the kid was just letting his imagination get the better of him, he wasn't really turning into a girl at all!"

Later in life I realize I was reading this because I was hoping for the scene where he's in the bathroom and finds out he has girl parts. I stopped reading and returned the book shortly after, but I am going to assume that doesn't actually happen.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

I read the original 6 Book story, which was cool as Hell, but apparently it kept going for a while after I stopped keeping track.

Also, there was another sci-fi series about a group of kids with inhuman powers, who find each other one by one over the first five or six books.

Like, the first kid had intense combat skills that would trigger unconsciously whenever he was in danger. Another girl had the power to regenerate parts of herself that were cut off, and detached parts could regenerate into a complete copy of herself. Another kid could understand and translate any form of communication whatsoever.

It got completely fucking crazy after a while, and involved time travelling into a post-apocalyptic future where greys have taken over earth. I never finished that series, but I was pretty into it for a while.

Shit I know which one this is but I can't remember the name

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »

You are useless to me

But yeah, fuck if I can figure the name out myself. I'm positive the first kid was named Ethan Allen Rogers, though.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A Night in Terror Tower was fucking cool.

So was Night of the Living Dummy.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The one with the camera that makes horrible things happen.

I believe it was called "Say Cheese and DIE!"

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yep, that's it.

Are You Afraid Of The Dark? did this as well.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    let's talk some more about Redwall

redwall_20th_sticker.jpg
    That was the best book in the series.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You are immortilized forever. That was fantastic and completely true.

Damn, I think I've read each one too, which exception of Rakkety Tam.

Tam is cool, Squirrel heroes tend to be pretty funny so it was an enjoyable read. I forget what the villain was though. I remeber it was a Cannibal though.

Taggerung was cool I especially like how the " Villian" was handeld at the end.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yep, that's it.

I submit for the approval of the Midnight Society that the scariest Are You Afraid of the Dark episode was Zeebo the Clown.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Night of the Living Dummy rocked and Goosebumps, Redwall and Animorphs were literally all I read from grade 2 to grade 7

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yep, that's it.

I submit for the approval of the Midnight Society that the scariest Are You Afraid of the Dark episode was Zeebo the Clown.

That was Laughing In The Dark, and it was definitely the scariest thing they ever made.

And I have to say I'm mad that I never even heard of Redwall in my childhood. I feel deprived and shallow now.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008

Yep, that's it.

What about that episode with the monster in the public pool?

Scared the fucking shit out of me.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I remember going to summer camp
    And one night we camped out in the middle of the woods, in buttfuck nowhere
    So of course we cleared a spot for a fire and sat around and told ghost stories
    And I'll be damned if every single one didn't start with "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I remember going to summer camp
    And one night we camped out in the middle of the woods, in buttfuck nowhere
    So of course we cleared a spot for a fire and sat around and told ghost stories
    And I'll be damned if every single one didn't start with "Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society"

Sounds like a pretty bitching camp. :^:

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    so guys speaking of animorphs did anyone else go through a phase where they thought their teachers were yeerks?

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    so guys speaking of animorphs did anyone else go through a phase where they thought their teachers were yeerks?

I never bought into my fiction that much

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I just wanted those powers so bad

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And I have to say I'm mad that I never even heard of Redwall in my childhood. I feel deprived and shallow now.

You should.

Also read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. Really a cool Kino's Journey-esque series but set pretty much anywhere in history Jaques wants to write about. Also- Angels are fucking pricks.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was halfway through reading Salamandastron, then my dog chewed it up.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I didnt have any of these. A bit too old, plus my parents got me hand me down Enid Blyton books so I just read the Famous Five Nearly Get Killed, or thinking about how much fun it would be to be a high school girl at St. Claire's.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was too old for Animorphs when they came around. My little brother was into them and he transcribed the basic premise. It sounded absolutely ridiculous! I did like the little detail that when they transformed their clothes didn't go with them though. Of course they had to change that for the TV series later on I noticed.

You know what that makes me think about? The Secret World of Alex Mack. Little girl with super powers takes on an evil corporate entity by morphing into T2-esque liquid metal, levitating shit and zapping things with electricity.

Oh Larissa Onylajkxakak or however you spell your fucked-up name. You were the tomboy of my dreams back then.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008

well yeah if you were a kid and you didn't wish you could turn into an animal or be a power ranger you probably had something wrong with you

but yeah I never thought my teachers were controlled by evil aliens

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You should.

Also read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. Really a cool Kino's Journey-esque series but set pretty much anywhere in history Jaques wants to write about. Also- Angels are fucking pricks.

Read at least one. Once you've read it you essentially have the gist of all of them but they are still enjoyable.

There is a Redwall Cookbook. I just thought you guys should know that.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    somehow between all the scholastic series I also read like mark twain and jack london books

which convinced my parents to make a stop at hannibal, missouri on the way to st. louis so we could see some stuff that had to do with tom sawyer

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You are useless to me

But yeah, fuck if I can figure the name out myself. I'm positive the first kid was named Ethan Allen Rogers, though.

I still can't find anything on this.

I can't remember anything that's really helping with the search. D:

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    and by jack london books I mostly mean call of the wild

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Jewel Staite was a guest star on Are You Afraid Of The Dark
    I knew that was a good show

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

well yeah if you were a kid and you didn't wish you could turn into an animal or be a power ranger you probably had something wrong with you

Gonna be honest here
    I still wouldn't say no to being a power ranger

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ahahahah, oh god, the Wiki article on actual skin goose bumps has the best illustration.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Gonna be honest here
    I still wouldn't say no to being a power ranger

There was a point where I probably wouldn't have refused the option of being a gargoyle.

Yeah.

Goatmon on

• Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You are useless to me

I still can't find anything on this.

I can't remember anything that's really helping with the search. D:

Dude..The Tomorrow People?

If thats what it is, this shit got turned into a brief live action show on Nick way back in the day.

Edit: actually I think it was a british based show that got imported if I remember correctly.

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    FUCK I FOUND IT

The sci-fi series is called Alien Terror.

Goatmon on

• Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I always wanted a Cyclone or Exo-Frame.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Im sorry, the series is called Mindwarp.

Alien Terror is the first book.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Other books that are still very near and dear to me
    Jonathon Bellairs' Lewis Barnavelt and Johnny Dixon books. These are actually pretty old but man I love the shit out of them. After Bellairs croaked, a fan of his, Brad Strickland took over, finishing books that were in progress at the time of his death, and writing new ones. They're just as good as the originals
    Also, this one series called Watchers, by Peter Lestranges
    It was about kids encountering just really weird shit, but it was framed as experiments done by these other beings, beings who were watching and testing the characters. The Watchers themselves were never seen, making shit just that much weirder.
    Fuck no stairs in this post and it hurts me

Me Too! on