Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How does PAX count attendance?

KintarKintar Registered User
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I've been looking for some good statistics on PAX's attendance, but I'm running against a problem. It seems that most trade show type things count "bodies per day", so if you have a three day pass, you get counted three times, whereas some cons count total badges sold. Does anyone know which method PAX is using for attendance figures?

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers in the direction of someone who can tell me. :)

Kintar on

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    [email protected] might be a good place to start - Brown Paper Tickets handled all online sales.

There's also Robert Khoo ([email protected]) and Mike Fehlauer ([email protected]) - if they can't give you specifics they'll definitely point you in the direction of people who can.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's turnstyle. In other words, they count each ticket for each day (so 3 day passes count as three, one for each day)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It is indeed turnstile. Most conventions do it that way.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.