As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Laptop monitor problems

ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So for some reason, the bottom left corner of my laptop screen looks like someone set a magnet on it. I know that there is a technical term for that, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is. Is there a tool I can run that will fix my monitor, or is that a "send back to the factory" kind of thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

steam_sig.png
ogcam777 on

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ogcam777 wrote: »
    So for some reason, the bottom left corner of my laptop screen looks like someone set a magnet on it. I know that there is a technical term for that, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is. Is there a tool I can run that will fix my monitor, or is that a "send back to the factory" kind of thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think there's any word for the distortion, but the word you're thinking of is "degauss". The bad news is that it only affects CRT monitors. You have something different. (And likely more expensive.)

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah, thanks that's the word.

And dammit.

ogcam777 on
    steam_sig.png