As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW COMIC FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH

167891012»

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    highlight of pax: 'i just want to snap some pelvises'

I read this as a quip on high art photography then I remembered who we were talking about here.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    There really isn't much to be gained from playing video games aside from instant gratification.

You've said some stupid shit, Javen, but this is really, really stupid.

You essentially just said that an entire artistic medium is shallow and has nothing deeper to offer than, say, beating off. Just instant gratification and nothing more. This shows that either you've never played a game with any real substance to it, or you have played such games but failed to get the deeper meaning, or you're just a moron who somehow believes that the entire medium is capable of nothing more than Wii Sports, depite having actually had contact with it.

Go ahead, replace "video games" with any other art form. "There's nothing to be gained from listening to the devil rock 'n' roll music aside from instant gratification." "There's nothing to be gained from watching films aside from instant gratification." "There's nothing to be gained from reading fiction aside from instant gratification."

Defender on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Defender, I'm ashamed

You just dissed beating off as a medium used for nothing but instant gratification.

It is an art form.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    To be fair, if all you have to be smug about is beating someone at Quake with one hand, you are probably fucking pathetic.

I knew a guy who actually did that to some other guys from my dorm floor in college. And thought it was a big accomplishment.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Defender, I'm ashamed

You just dissed beating off as a medium used for nothing but instant gratification.

It is an art form.

I very carefully avoided elaborating on what you're beating off to, though. Stealing all those pregnancy-themed magazines is clearly a high art in its own right, even before you start jerking off.

Defender on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Defender, think of the time and the research put into the many techniques

Sure you could just put up a fist and jerk

Or you could switch it up, put that palm headward, and let your fingers take a trip to Testitown.

The possibilities are endless, and we mere humans have hardly scratched the surface.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't wait for a new comic topic so we can be on-topic about something else

Captain K on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Or you could switch it up, put that palm headward, and let your fingers take a trip to Testitown.

The possibilities are endless, and we mere humans have hardly scratched the surface.

I like the Stranger
    Sit on your hand till it's asleep
    Now close your eyes and jerk off with that hand and pretend it's someone else
    There's another one, that's something about using the hand you don't normally jerk off with and turning it upside down but I can't remember what the point of that one was

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »

I like the Stranger
    There's another one, that's something about using the hand you don't normally jerk off with and turning it upside down but I can't remember what the point of that one was

More like "The Clumsy Stranger and The Handful Of Pins." That shit's for comedy only.

Also, IWS, why are you limiting yourself to one hand?

Defender on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Captain K wrote: »

too fuckin' right

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »

I like the Stranger

More like "The Clumsy Stranger and The Handful Of Pins." That shit's for comedy only.

Also, IWS, why are you limiting yourself to one hand?

I usually keep the left hand free to massage the balls
    One handing it is for the birds

Me Too! on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

yes

this

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    being on topic is so uncomfortable

like putting on an ill-fitting suit

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I've discovered how insane everyone at Wendy's gets when you go through their late night drive-thru and order a salad.

For some reason they can't seem to handle it.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah it's not so much being on topic that I mind
    It's that we've had the same topic for a week
    I want something new to talk about

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's kind of funny--SE has been more and more on-topic over the past several months.

Check out any thread and try to count the number of diversions that last longer than a page or so. Even threads created with completely absurd topics tend to stay on topic these days.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Notice that I only provided one example and then mentioned "possibilities"

I'm hoping for someone to come up with a practical use for two hands and one foot.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

that's a solid analogy CD

good job

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    K your sig is broken.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I liked the brief discussion about fatal1ty's smugness. Mostly because anything that leads to Quake in any form makes me remember Quake 2 and how awesome it was when the Quake series had a large enough following in Australia to actually play more than one or two of the gametypes or mods.

Action Quake 2 was god damn awesome.

Also back when I could the game on 3 or 4 computers with friends and siblings from the one CD and all play online together.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yeah I think Live is down

it will be unbroken when Live is not down anymore

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You would be correct in such a thinking, K
    Live is down for right now

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

good job

I am good at analogies and metaphors

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

good job

How do you fare on similes?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Artreus wrote: »

good job

How do you fare on similes?

just alright

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've discovered how insane everyone at Wendy's gets when you go through their late night drive-thru and order a salad.

For some reason they can't seem to handle it.

If Wendy's is like Jack in the Box, they make all their salads at the start of the day and that's it.

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.