As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long Distance...(Girl Thread)

rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I went to my sisters wedding in NC, it was a 5 day long vacation and there was a lot of people there from all over the country for a fairly small wedding in the mountains.

Well, I figured I'd be the odd one out (single) but I was wrong!

Ends up being a fantastic girl that shows up and we hit it off and stay up ridiculously late every night just drinking and talking. Find out we have a lot in common, very similar interests and she can drink me under the table. Perfect for me! So we hang out the whole time, I get her info before I leave but now I'm kinda not sure how to take it.

She lives in SC, I in Florida.

I kinda figure the route to take is just keep it friendly if anything.

I didn't really make a move, which I kind of regret, but it could have also made for an awkward weekend as well. So I just decided to play it safe and avoid it. Especially since word travels fast when it's tons of family and friends in the mountains with no internet or cell phones. A denial would have likely spread like wild fire.

I should add she does come to florida somewhat often, and I have friends in NC. We plan to hang out when shes down here in a few months.

So should I even bother, or just let it go until next time?

rfalias on

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    keep it a friendly friendship for now i would say, and see if sparks fly. friends of mine on the forums here have a long distance relationship from england to california, so it can work. (they are getting married a few days after christmas)

but the smartest thing is to just keep in contact, see how it goes

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I kinda figured that's what I should do.

I didn't really approach the subject while we were hanging out just to avoid any possible awkwardness/embarrassment around family.

Feels like one of them times when I need a time machine or some way to re-try things and see what happens!

rfalias on
  • Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd say def keep in touch with this girl and see what happens when she comes to visit. Its not necessarily a bad thing that you weren't too aggressive at the wedding because what if that screwed everything up right? Now you have the great foundation for a potential future with this girl that is based off of something pretty awesome.

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]