As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Rules for New Comic Thread

yuttyutt Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Social Entropy++
Rolo wrote: »
According to the moderators, we're to stay on the topic of the comic (in this case DRM) in the new comic thread from now on. People have been getting infracted for it, so it's a fair warning to stay on topic.
Discussing gamer culture is a logical and fair digression. The new rules aren't meant to stifle discussion, they are meant to stop people from being idiots.

Talking about what you had for dinner: Bad.
Calling other people faggots: Bad.
Talking about the comic: Good!
Talking about a topic covered in the comic: Good!
Talking about a topic that is a logical digression from the comic's topic: Okay!

Is this a fair interpretation of the rules?

yutt on

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why didn't you post this in the new comic thread?

#pipe on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good job yutt.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yutt, what have you done...

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Better yet, why not take it to the top of the forums list. Tube's flying circus or whatever it is called. Pretty sure that takes suggestions/explanations of the rules.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Because it was very off-topic and the response would be at the bottom of page 15 and locked away in two days.

I don't know how long I'll last here given my personality, but I would like if the generally caliber of discussion here was raised. People shouldn't be afraid of moderators banning them for having a polite discussion.

I don't believe the admins or moderators have any indication they would, but people seem to wildly misunderstand and misinterpret the letter and spirit of the rules.

yutt on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, this isn't a new comic thread.. you lied to me.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yutt wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Because it was very off-topic and the response would be at the bottom of page 15 and locked away in two days.

I don't know how long I'll last here given my personality, but I would like if the generally caliber of discussion here was raised. People shouldn't be afraid of moderators banning them for having a polite discussion.

I don't believe the admins or moderators have any indication they would, but people seem to wildly misunderstand and misinterpret the letter and spirit of the rules.

we don't have a fear of being banned for polite discussion. We have a fear of being banned for being dick wads.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For that rule, yes that sounds like a fair split

There is also a rule, however, about coming back every other day to complain about the comic

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    THIS COMIC SUCKS

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    People who use the term "Gamer culture" in serious discussion are idiots Yutt. If you don't believe me then ask anyone else on these here forums. You'll find that those who think that playing electronic games on your television as a past-time makes you a part of a greater culture are not people one would consider a mature adult.

That being said:
    poop
    farts
    wang
    boobs
    lol

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You should notify Gabe and Tycho about it

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Given your personality? What, are you prone to fits of rage that cause you to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation, cause that position has been filled 12.36 times over already.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yutt, are you also an atheist and proud of it? The trifecta will then be completed.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yutt stop being so self pitying, everyone else, stop giving him the chance.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    People who use the term "Gamer culture" in serious discussion are idiots Yutt. If you don't believe me then ask anyone else on these here forums. You'll find that those who think that playing electronic games on your television as a past-time makes you a part of a greater culture are not people one would consider a mature adult.
    Mature adults do not exist. Only varying levels of self-importance.

This post means absolutely nothing. It is completely nonsensical.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Yutt, are you also an atheist and proud of it? The trifecta will then be completed.

hahah! i sure hate them militant atheists! plz like me

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This thread needs a new comic in it.. I don't care which new comic it is..

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yutt, hey.

when this thread gets locked, make sure you make a new thread asking why your thread got locked ok.

it's important that we know

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Given your personality? What, are you prone to fits of rage that cause you to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation, cause that position has been filled 12.36 times over already.
    No, I'm just contrary and feel the need to respond to every attempt to harass me. I've no doubt I'll eventually give such an inappropriate outburst I will be banned for it. I know some people deliberately troll me hoping to provoke that moment.

Stop fooling yourself, you're not that important. Half of us don't care, the other half don't even know who you are.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I will say one thing in his favor, in that he has this place pegged correctly in that many aren't willing to partake in any actual discourse past a certain point, said point being when it stops being entertaining for them.

Though in their defense you don't seem to do a lot to make it entertaining, so when people lose interest it's really your own fault.

Javen on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

2008-09-29.png

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

20071119005uu0.jpg

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No, I'm just contrary and feel the need to respond to every attempt to harass me. I've no doubt I'll eventually give such an inappropriate outburst I will be banned for it. I know some people deliberately troll me hoping to provoke that moment.

Stop fooling yourself, you're not that important. Half of us don't care, the other half don't even know who you are.

yeah, who the fuck IS this guy?
    but you're right, I don't care

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that comic's pretty old, Otaku

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    I will say one thing in his favor, in that he has this place pegged correctly in that many aren't willing to partake in any actual discourse past a certain point, said point being when it stops being entertaining for them.

Though in their defense you don't seem to do a lot to make it entertaining, so when people lose interest it's really your own fault.

Well yeah, but that's the sole reason for D&D. To take it elsewhere when it stops being entertaining for the general populace and becomes a giant pissing match between two people. Which in it of itself could be entertaining depending on the participants.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kate Beaton!

Gettysburg.jpg

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    hahaha yutt made a webcomics thread

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    that comic's pretty old, Otaku

Fine.

Door 1:
    LuigiCad1.jpg

or

Door 2
    cad.png

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »

Well yeah, but that's the sole reason for D&D. To take it elsewhere when it stops being entertaining for the general populace and becomes a giant pissing match between two people. Which in it of itself could be entertaining depending on the participants.

I've seen pissing contests around here provide hours of entertainment. See any Callius v Defender debate. yutt is just boring much of the time

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait so is this a webcomic thread?

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I guess I should have expected nothing but a torrent of idiotic responses.

Whatever, you guys win. I'm done with this place until the moderators ban a whole lot of you spamtastic retards.

Congratulations!

I leave you with this:
    How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over Your Online Community

If the admins are ever interested in having a moderator who doesn't feel any personal attachment to a single forum member and would rigidly and obsessively carry out mass infractions and bannings (based only on the rules and no personal vendettas), please feel free to email me.

yutt on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mature adults do not exist. Only varying levels of self-importance.

Yutt.

Please explain what you mean by this. Do you believe this for real? Like, the fact that some people take responsibility for themselves, their well-being and the well-being of others, treat each other civilly and make attempts to grow as people is just a farce? Some self-deluded state of mind that belies the real truth that all people are no better than your average pre-teen child?

That's one interpretation of what you have said but perhaps you did not mean for anyone to read deeply into it and simply hoped others would find it profound.

Every post you make betrays that you are very young with little experience and a possible persecution complex formed by years of being outcast from your peers.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say you are either in middle school, the early stages of high school or you have been home-schooled your entire life. I do not say this to insult you, I say this because you hold the traits of someone who has only experienced the world as a passive observer.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I still can't believe buckley made a comic arc about his girlfriend's miscarriage

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nice pointless spoiler there Otaku

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Whatever, you guys win. I'm done with this place until the moderators ban a whole lot of you spamtastic retards.

Congratulations!

I leave you with this:

If the admins are ever interested in having a moderator who doesn't feel any personal attachment to a single forum member and would rigidly and obsessively carry out mass infractions and bannings (based only on the rules and no personal vendettas), please feel free to email me.

It's okay, I'm sure your mommy thinks your special.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Lord Huffington McSnooty.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yutt I've been trying to talk to you but you've been ignoring me

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Congratulations!

I leave you with this:

Bubye

#pipe on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey

Hey

Fuck you.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yutt, have you ever been here before? I mean really. The people you want to get booted ARE the community.

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.