As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mitsabis Dream - Short Film Trailer

HanSaganHanSagan Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Hi All,

Its been a while since I started this project, but I finally have something close to completion to show.

A brief history for those unfamiliar with the project, "Mitsabis Dream' is a short film based on the webcomic Angels2200 (www.angels2200.com). Its expanded horribly, as these things do, and is now looking at a final duration of around 45 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q98xo5HsdCM

Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments, I look forward to reading them.

HanSagan on

• Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    The special effects (CGI? models? I dunno) are very nice. The little collage of scenes at the end could use some sound effects, though, as opposed to just the music.

That asian girl? Yeah... not gonna win an oscar :P

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mr. InkswitchMr. Inkswitch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Isaac Asimov is my bitch.

That's smile worthy.

Mr. Inkswitch on
    wwtd2ay4.jpg
  • Options
    HiredGunHiredGun Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The music reminds me of Star Wars for some reason. It's a fairly well-done trailer, although ditto about the Asian girl's acting.

HiredGun on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I was a bit surprised to be honest, much higher quality than I was expecting.

As for the Asian girl.

I've seen worse.

Virum on
  • Options
    petergodlypetergodly Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    HanSagan wrote:
    Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments, I look forward to reading them.

Nice looking film - which was surprising from the cheap looking logo credit at the beginning.

Although there are some things like inconsistent lighting for the "digital backlot" stuff, bad acting from the female lead, and the like, all of that can be expected from a self-funded independent short film. I'll definitely take a look at the finished work once released.

How many people are involved? Would you care to reveal the budget? I'm curious as to the requirements for this sort of level.

petergodly on