As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halloween costume help...

Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, as I posted before a few weeks back, I'm goin' to halloween dressed up as Indiana jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark style... I just got the jacket in from Wested a couple weeks ago, and after some medical bill hoora, we're selling our PDAs and a laptop on eBay to make up the difference, (Laptop overheats abit, but sold already), and the PDAs are still up there...

We're having some issues trying to locate a set of pants though, my wife however is up to the task of making them and sewing them together, so... Does anyone know of a good place I can spot a set of Dr. Jones pants, from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

I stress Lost Ark, because it has to match the jacket, which in Temple of Doom was different than Raiders, and in Last Crusade the pants keep changing colors froma dark brown to a light tan kakhi... (Weird)

Why not just make a pair of apnts, call em' Inday style?

No, we're trying to be fairly authentic with this, which is why we ordered the jacket from the same company that mde the original, hell it was made with the same patterns....

So, patterns for a paif of Indiana Jones pants... Extra points if you can find the shirt...

Visual aid for pants
Visual aid for shirt

We've got a source on the bulk of the accessories here, but the pants and shoes are missing...

Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
Movie Collection
Foody Things
Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
Nakatomi2010 on

• fuelishfuelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You may have already been here, http://www.indygear.com/ but if not give them a look. The most extensive site you will find for Indy stuff. Search the forums, you will be there all night.

fuelish on
    Another day in the bike shop Pretty much what it sounds like. The secret lifestyle, laid open.
  • Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ... Yeah, actually if you click the links in my post it's actually that site.... hehe.... Thanks though...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not sure why you need help here. Indygear seems to have an embarassing amount of detail about everything Indy wears, so if you have a person willing to sew a pair, they have the specifications they need.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited October 2008
    Need actual patterns to cut fabric against, the site gives the nitty gritty detail to make it look the same, but we're trying to track down patterns to cut against...

You are right though, suddenly struck me to search for US Army WWII pants patterns, surly there should be something for that, but I'm not sure how to track down a kit for the shirt...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Patterns aren't too difficult to make

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A google search for WW2 pants came up with this.

The shirt on that costuming site you posted was only like $50 and says they had a screen used shirt to copy off of. Unless you really like sewing shirts, I'd just go with that one.

MushroomStick on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    are you actually struggling to make ends meet to make an indiana jones halloween costume? if thats the case... i strongly advise to not bother with the costume. i mean.. its a costume. you're wearing it one night. i don't think you should be selling PDAs and laptops to pay for it.

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • RNEMESiS42RNEMESiS42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty sure you can get those particularly styled khakis anywhere if you look hard enough, and a tan military shirt shouldn't be too hard to find.

RNEMESiS42 on
    my apartment looks upside down from there
    water spirals the wrong way out the sink
    edited October 2008
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    are you actually struggling to make ends meet to make an indiana jones halloween costume? if thats the case... i strongly advise to not bother with the costume. i mean.. its a costume. you're wearing it one night. i don't think you should be selling PDAs and laptops to pay for it.

It's not that we're struggling to make ends meet, as much as the money we were going to use has had to be reallocated to a sifferent set of bills, with a minor backup just in case... So I'm trying to fund this thing out of extra stuff we're just not using...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things