As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

book for learning Korean

spacerobotspacerobot Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Since I graduated college I've found myself lacking mental stimulation. I thought it would be fun to try to learn Korean, so I've tried out Rosetta Stone. The program seems ok, but I have so many questions that the program does not answer, specifically about grammar stuff. It drives me nuts not knowing why certain words are put together and things like that.

I've decided I would like to have a text book or workbook of some sort to work out of to help me understand the language more clearly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

test.jpg
spacerobot on

• Options
    pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just did a quick check on Amazon, and I remembering seeing this book (http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Korean-Beginning-Textbook-Textbooks/dp/0824823427/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223696102&sr=1-1) at a Korean book store while I was there during the summer.

Also, for a small fee of your patience, you can send me questions now and then and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. I'm Korean-American, and I was raised listening and speaking Korean. I'm not 100% proficient at it, but I know my way around. I tutored South Korean college students who came here to study English, I might as well do the opposite. I also have my parents whom I call once or twice a week to see how they're doing and I could ask them for some help. My girlfriend's a Korea native too, so she could probably help me.

So yeah, it's cool if you throw a few questions over and I'll try and answer them as fast as I can and to the best of my ability.

pinenut_canary on