As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A short film made in 48 hours

lojomofolojomofo Registered User new member
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
A group of friends and I made this for a 48 hour film fest/competition a few years back. There were a few requirements for the contest

1. A specific character ( activist Morgan Somethingsomething
2. A specific line of dialogue : "yes, I do this periodically" which is a really lame line, so we crammed it in where we thought it might sound somewhat relevant...still doesn't really work, but them's the rules
3. A specific prop, in this case the can of tomato paste

there are nine seconds of black at the beginning. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQB4PmMFV0

Moody? yes
Conveniently ambiguous? yes
Pretty good for 48 hours? I think so

lojomofo on

• The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It could have used a few seconds of black right at the end, but otherwise it was pretty cool. I like the forced line, knowing the context it was pretty funny.

The_Rat on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    that was actually really good, especially for being shot in only 48 hours, where did you guys film?

DeeLock on
  • lojomofolojomofo Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    I agree with you rat, everytime I see it I think the same thing. I don't know why it was cut so short at the end. We actually won this competition in the Open division. We filmed this in a few halls of a storage facility for an apartment complex I used to live in. We thought we were going to have access to a lot more halls, but we didn't really need them in the end because it's easy to reuse dark hallways shot from different angles to create a really lost feeling. The beginning shots are downtown Boise, Idaho, where I reside, as a carpentnerd. Also, the character who ends up alone in the film is me.

lojomofo on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really liked it man, great job. I'm not too much of a film guy but I did enjoy all the different types of shots you all had.

Prospicience on