As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Simple Program Question.

ZephonateZephonate Registered User regular
Anyone know of an easy-to-use (hopefully free) program that's Mac-compatible for taking DVD screen caps of a good enough quality to make into wallpapers? Forgive my stupidity if VLC somehow has a function of doing higher-than-average quality ones that I didn't know about, or if Leopard's built-in DVD player can do this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli's eyes. And what he saw was...himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
--John Ajvide Lindqvist, Let the Right One In (Page 446).
Zephonate on

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Have you tried just taking a screenshot using osx's built in screen capture:
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screencapturemac/ht/macscreenshot.htm

useless4 on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zephonate wrote: »
    Anyone know of an easy-to-use (hopefully free) program that's Mac-compatible for taking DVD screen caps of a good enough quality to make into wallpapers? Forgive my stupidity if VLC somehow has a function of doing higher-than-average quality ones that I didn't know about, or if Leopard's built-in DVD player can do this.

well, you're not going to get 1:1 quality regardless because DVD resolution is 720x480 and the lowest resolution screen on a Mac currently is 1280x800 on a macbook.

But ya, to take a screenshot I'd just use OS X's built in screenshot utility.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar