ROUND TWO: FIGHT G: RESULTS

Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder BeyondRegistered User regular
edited October 2006 in Graphic Violence
YOUR WINNERS:

Rogue.jpg
ROGUE – Created by: Chris Claremont and Michael Golden

spider-man.gif
SPIDER-MAN – Created by: Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
MATCH G

ROGUE --------------- 125
SPIDER-MAN ---------- 91
DEADPOOL ------------ 74
CONSTANTINE --------- -33

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
Son of Beyonder on
«134

Posts

  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Son of Beyonder:
    Does Rogue retain any abilities she stole in the previous round?

    deadonthestreet on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spidey and Deadpool

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    constantine is right fucked.

    Angry on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Rogue and Deadpool. Rogue has fire to beat Spidey, Deadpool can just grab sonics from his arsenal, and Constantine's mind control will probably work on Spider-Man because I'm pretty sure every attempt to control his mind, pretty much ever, has succeeded.

    robosagogo on
  • Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder BeyondRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Son of Beyonder:
    Does Rogue retain any abilities she stole in the previous round?

    NO. ALL CONTESTANTS ARE REVERTED TO THEIR STANDARD ABILITIES AND FULL HEALTH BETWEEN ROUNDS.

    Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The symbiote is badly hurt by flame, right? Bad luck that Spidey's paired against Rogue. It might take him a few extra minutes to remove Deadpool and Constantine from the fight. I don't think Constantine has enough time to prepare for this (since people mentioned him needing to do rituals and stuff), and Deadpool shouldn't have moved on in the first place.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Rogue has fire to beat Spidey
    But would she?

    Also, mind control doesn't so much work when you have the symbiote on.

    deadonthestreet on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    i thought the symbiote hated sonics, is it also fire?

    oh and spider-man minus the symbiote is still spider-man, so don't act like disabling the symbiote all of a sudden makes him useless.

    Angry on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited October 2006
    And I doubt Rogue will want to touch Deadpool. Apart from having really gross skin, she wouldn't want to absorb any part of that mind. Fire alone, however, probably won't be enough to take him out when he was able to survive much, much worse.

    robosagogo on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Spidey and Rogue, I think. Spider-Man's too quick and strong for Deadpool, can avoid Rogue pretty much at will, and can handle Constantine, who is out of his element. Rogue can take whatever Deadpool can throw at her. And between Constantine and Deadpool, I gotta give it to Deadpool.

    DJ Eebs on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Rogue has fire to beat Spidey
    But would she?

    Also, mind control doesn't so much work when you have the symbiote on.

    Has it ever been proven that you can't mind control someone with a symbiote? Even so, what about hypnosis?
    Angry wrote:
    i thought the symbiote hated sonics, is it also fire?

    oh and spider-man minus the symbiote is still spider-man, so don't act like disabling the symbiote all of a sudden makes him useless.

    Sonics and fire. Also, I've never seen anyone with a symbiote suit act unaffected by an assault on the suit itself. Both beings are connected to each other, after all.

    And besides, if the symbiote were to suddenly drop off as it was being hit by a sonic weapon then Spider-Man would just end up getting hit by the sonic weapon in the symbiote's place. That's not much better, especially when his super-human durability doesn't extend to being able to block out loud sounds.


    I know Spider-Man has Spider-Sense and all, but there are some attacks you literally cannot dodge. When has he ever made it through a fight against a professional killer/competent superhuman unscathed?

    robosagogo on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spidey and Rogue. They might team up, but even if they don't, they're still more likely to target the others first.

    Scooter on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You have to hit him first.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Last time I checked, Spidey has this spider-sense thingy that let him react with superhuman speed. And he's also not, you know, retarded.

    DJ Eebs on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    And he's also not, you know, retarded.
    Deadpool, on the other hand...

    deadonthestreet on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    And he's also not, you know, retarded.
    Deadpool, on the other hand...
    Well, he's not retarded either, actually. He's just a bit fucked in the head.

    DJ Eebs on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    And he's also not, you know, retarded.
    Deadpool, on the other hand...

    Yes, but deadpool will be all "Oh how cute, you tried to burn my face off. Now eat this sword!"

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Even if Rogue misses, she'll still be setting fires around Spider-Man, which will still affect the symbiote (unless the cartoon lied to me, which is always possible). I agree that Deadpool and Constantine have no chance against Spider-Man, though. It's really down to Rogue and Spidey. What's likely to happen if Rogue touches the symbiote with bare skin?

    Adaemus1sf on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Last time I checked, Spidey has this spider-sense thingy that let him react with superhuman speed. And he's also not, you know, retarded.
    And yet Spider-Man gets the crap beaten out of him moreso than any other superhero ever conceived by either major company. He's certainly been shot before.

    This is also a younger Spider-Man.

    robosagogo on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Even if Rogue misses, she'll still be setting fires around Spider-Man, which will still affect the symbiote (unless the cartoon lied to me, which is always possible). I agree that Deadpool and Constantine have no chance against Spider-Man, though. It's really down to Rogue and Spidey. What's likely to happen if Rogue touches the symbiote with bare skin?

    She would probably get fucked by alien brain.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    Last time I checked, Spidey has this spider-sense thingy that let him react with superhuman speed. And he's also not, you know, retarded.
    And yet Spider-Man gets the crap beaten out of him moreso than any other superhero ever conceived by either major company. He's certainly been shot before.

    This is also a younger Spider-Man.

    god damn it do I hate this argument

    DJ Eebs on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The only one who has a prayer of surprising Spidey is Deadpool. I doubt Rogue will be able to do more than singe Spidey.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I honestly say Deadpool and Rogue. Deadpools healing factor outweighs just about any attack Spider Man can really do unless covering him in web and annoying him is really considered "KOing" someone. Deadpool has a shitload of skill, he just rarely uses it it seems.

    And Rogue, she's just hot.

    Crayon on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    I honestly say Deadpool and Rogue. Deadpools healing factor outweighs just about any attack Spider Man can really do unless covering him in web and annoying him is really considered "KOing" someone. Deadpool has a shitload of skill, he just rarely uses it it seems.

    And Rogue, she's just hot.

    Deadpool can be knocked out. He recovers from it faster, but Spidey thrashed him pretty good in Cable/Deadpool a few issues back, and the only reason Deadpool didn't outright lose was that he threatened a civillian and Cable called him off.

    DJ Eebs on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    I honestly say Deadpool and Rogue. Deadpools healing factor outweighs just about any attack Spider Man can really do unless covering him in web and annoying him is really considered "KOing" someone. Deadpool has a shitload of skill, he just rarely uses it it seems.

    And Rogue, she's just hot.

    Deadpool can be knocked out. He recovers from it faster, but Spidey thrashed him pretty good in Cable/Deadpool a few issues back, and the only reason Deadpool didn't outright lose was that he threatened a civillian and Cable called him off.

    Well, given the context of how he is written he is always suppose to lose really. It's just his character. He is a formiddable power who can easily disrupt the symbiote suit enough to hurt Petey enough to knock him out.

    Crayon on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    While I buy that Deadpool could get his hands on a sonic gun, why would he? Does he somehow know that will work?

    Adaemus1sf on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    While I buy that Deadpool could get his hands on a sonic gun, why would he? Does he somehow know that will work?

    I would consider this a valid use of 4th wall breakage.


    Being able to log into our internet and voting for himself is not.

    Scooter on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    I honestly say Deadpool and Rogue. Deadpools healing factor outweighs just about any attack Spider Man can really do unless covering him in web and annoying him is really considered "KOing" someone. Deadpool has a shitload of skill, he just rarely uses it it seems.

    And Rogue, she's just hot.

    Deadpool can be knocked out. He recovers from it faster, but Spidey thrashed him pretty good in Cable/Deadpool a few issues back, and the only reason Deadpool didn't outright lose was that he threatened a civillian and Cable called him off.

    Yeah, now take that Spider-Man and subtract several years of experience.

    And pretty much everyone knows what manner of weapon to use on the symbiotes following the mass media coverage of Carnage's massacre of New York.

    robosagogo on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    While I buy that Deadpool could get his hands on a sonic gun, why would he? Does he somehow know that will work?

    I would consider this a valid use of 4th wall breakage.


    Being able to log into our internet and voting for himself is not.

    That seems like more something he'd know on the recap page and forget in the regular issue.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    I endorse this opinion.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2006
    Rogue and Constantine.

    I can see Rogue and Spider-Man teaming up, since they are Marvel heroes who have had contact over the years. Rogue swoops in, swipes Deadpool's healing power with a touch, and Spider-Man knocks him out cold with a punch and webs him up real good. As Rogue and Spider-Man are about to give each other a high-five, Constantine (who has been smokin' over in a corner during the Deadpool takedown) mind controls Rogue and forces her to sucker-punch Spidey out cold.

    Rogue is all, "Why'd you make me go and do that sugah?" Constantine then gives her a spiel about good and evil, tells her that his demon blood makes physical contact A-OK and they bone.

    Terrorbyte on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Actually, you make good points, it may be spidey and rogue.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    I endorse this opinion.

    I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

    Marathon on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    I endorse this opinion.

    I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

    Gentlemen I concur, and after a short recess this meeting will reconvene at the local IHOP, because goddamnit pancakes!

    Fedora on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2006
    Fedora wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    I endorse this opinion.

    I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

    Gentlemen I concur, and after a short recess this meeting will reconvene at the local IHOP, because goddamnit pancakes!

    It's a fight, not a favorites pick. How can you guys agree without any theory or analysis?

    Terrorbyte on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Fedora wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Spider-Man and Rogue. Deadpool is fucked, Constantine is fucked, game over.

    I endorse this opinion.

    I agree. Spidey and Rogue all the way.

    Gentlemen I concur, and after a short recess this meeting will reconvene at the local IHOP, because goddamnit pancakes!

    It's a fight, not a favorites pick. How can you guys agree without any theory or analysis?

    Spider-man beat Deadpools ass in his own book. and Constantine is a guy that digs voodoo, Rogue sets him on fire..the end.

    Marathon on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Oh I analyzed it, It's just easier to simply agree when the plan's already laid out there, rather then type out an entire scenario explanation.

    Constantine ain't winning cause there's no demon's here.

    And in a recent issue of Cable & Deadpool, Deadpool got beaten by Ductape. Not even magical ductape. Just plain ol' Ductape. And webbing is like, Super ductape.

    I think you're just mad you weren't invited to the IHOP with the rest of us.

    Fedora on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Constantine is a guy that digs voodoo, Rogue sets him on fire..the end.

    Wait, what?
    Fedora wrote:
    It's just easier to simply agree when the plan's already laid out there

    He didn't lay out anything. He was all, "These dudes win. No reason needed." And you were all, "I concur!"

    I mean, come on. At least make an effort.

    Terrorbyte on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Constantine is a guy that digs voodoo, Rogue sets him on fire..the end.

    Wait, what?

    Sorry, how foolish of me. He uses magic. I still do not see any demons in the fight, and last time I checked Constantine is still not fireproof.

    To the IHOP! AWAY!

    Marathon on
Sign In or Register to comment.